P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

What a shame it’s been removed over two years of conversation between us all very disappointed with cc but il guess we’re just carry on from here , and just to keep it in line , my cruise on Saturday has just had a complete itinerary change from Amsterdam, Belgium, Le harve, to Spain ports , Lisbon, Vigo , la coruna, all due to weather conditions coming up for the next 7 days , I’m really happy about the changes , better to have some sun and heat , 😎

• Like 6

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Well it seems we will just have to use this one, until they close this.

Let's see who loses their patience first!!!

I have lost my patience. 15 years a poster, gone at the press of a button. On well !.

• Like 3

I am really sorry if this thread has suddenly been removed - I have been lurking for some time, and enjoying reading about your joys and sorrows!  I came on here a while ago, as a non-P and O cruiser, to ask people about having covid vax done at home, as I was having problems (some of you might remember).  You were very helpful, but I did feel that I should just enjoy reading about you all, as a non-P and O cruiser - in fact not a cruiser at all at present.

As I lost my husband just after Christmas, it has been one of my lifelines in keeping sane.  He was 94, and had had to go into a Care Home in November,   so I had been lucky to have him for so long.  It does seem sad when, even though hopefully the covid situation is improving, this particular thread should be stopped with no special reason being given.  Many of us at present have very good reasons for needing a bit of support and kindness - in fact, not just at present. 

Maybe the powers that be will explain.

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am really sorry if this thread has suddenly been removed - I have been lurking for some time, and enjoying reading about your joys and sorrows!  I came on here a while ago, as a non-P and O cruiser, to ask people about having covid vax done at home, as I was having problems (some of you might remember).  You were very helpful, but I did feel that I should just enjoy reading about you all, as a non-P and O cruiser - in fact not a cruiser at all at present.

As I lost my husband just after Christmas, it has been one of my lifelines in keeping sane.  He was 94, and had had to go into a Care Home in November,   so I had been lucky to have him for so long.  It does seem sad when, even though hopefully the covid situation is improving, this particular thread should be stopped with no special reason being given.  Many of us at present have very good reasons for needing a bit of support and kindness - in fact, not just at present. 

I remember your posts and waiting to get your jab.

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. 
Let’s hope this current thread will continue to give the support that so many of us have enjoyed over the last 2 years.

Sending a virtual hug.

Gill x

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

If there was ever a reason ,this was it .:classic_mellow:

Take care and keep the memories of your loved one Lincs Lady :classic_love:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I am totally confused --- I've tried so hard (and others) to keep to the rules and it has all gone? All of those memories and struggles and the way people came together .... the friendships etc etc. I can't see they could just pull it and not tell. Must be a computer bug or something ........... April 1st come early

I came on to here again to check the thread (that no longer exists) and that usually leads me to others.

Very sad tonight 

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

friends.jpg.6c75b6263ac056afd777fe3a8194f702.jpg

For those who need a helping hand ,no matter how bad ,we support each other :classic_smile:

Thanks for the last two years guys :classic_love:

That really touched me Kalos , you always say the right things at the right time so thoughtful, but I’m pleased that the dissapearing thread has help many on here get through a very tough time , but hay ho we start again.

Maybe Sharon is trying to find out what happen 

• Like 6

I am as confused and sad as everybody else. Since we were told a few weeks ago that we had been given a reprieve, I can’t think of any post that has jeopardised the chance we were given. As several have posted, the thread has become a full history of the trials and tribulations of the last couple of years, including some quite uplifting posts and many that were very funny (thanks Kalos especially). Now, unless it is a glitch or an error, it has vanished without any explanation.
This thread also introduced me to the wonderful site on which we have purchased our static caravan by the sea and a lovely couple who live near to us in a Stoke and even nearer in Llanddulas. It seems a little odd that Sharon has not posted to explain. Perhaps, if it has been discontinued, Sharon had no say in it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

What a shame it’s been removed over two years of conversation between us all very disappointed with cc but il guess we’re just carry on from here , and just to keep it in line , my cruise on Saturday has just had a complete itinerary change from Amsterdam, Belgium, Le harve, to Spain ports , Lisbon, Vigo , la coruna, all due to weather conditions coming up for the next 7 days , I’m really happy about the changes , better to have some sun and heat , 😎

Wow that’s some change!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My post was deleted a few weeks ago for mentioning the unmentionable. I didn’t post for a while after.

The ‘unmentionable’ is a fact of life at the moment, to not be able to use the word in any context seems crazy.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

I’ve just checked back and my post from Monday about my family members has been deleted too. I only said they were unwell .

The ‘unmentionable’ is a fact of life at the moment, to not be able to use the word in any context seems crazy.

Completely agree but better not say anything else!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband @lincslady.

Sending you our deepest condolences.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 5

I do remember you lincslady, and I am truly sorry for the loss of your husband. We have all found the 'old thread' supportive, helpful and important in our individual ways, and it got us through the worst of a bad situation. 

Take care, stay well, look after yourself and keep posting.x

Avril

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

friends.jpg.6c75b6263ac056afd777fe3a8194f702.jpg

For those who need a helping hand ,no matter how bad ,we support each other :classic_smile:

Thanks for the last two years guys :classic_love:

Thank you Kalos.

You were a big help to all of us with your humour.

Cheers mate.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It certainly wasn't, Sarah - there was nothing in particular that caused it.

I've been wracking my brains trying to figure out what we could have done. I was sure we were doing everything right. I'm just mystified.

Avril

• Like 5

Hi Lincslady, I remember you from last year - so sorry to hear your news.

• Like 4