P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Waju said:

Oh, I'm so sorry for assuming.  When you talk about 'our Sarah' you all seem so very close.

Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Thank you.

We are very close.

We have lived next door to her parents for over 40 years so until Sarah left home she spent a lot of time in our house with us and we still see her regularly.

Pauline and Sarah do the same civil service job and worked together for years too.

Graham.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, happy v said:

So sorry Graham I know you are very close. I hope she is bearing up it sounds very painful 

10 hours ago, Waju said:

What a shock for you all.  I hope your daughter is feeling much better soon x

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

So sorry to hear this Graham. What bad luck to have a slipped disc alongside Cauda Equina. Sarah must have been in great pain - and probably quite frightened too. I'm sure everyone on here will join me in sending Sarah our very best wishes for her recovery. Love to you and Pauline too. Try not to worry too much. Jane. Xxxx

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Poor girl. She has a lot to contend with. I really feel for her - for you all. Take care Graham and once again very best wishes to Sarah. Jane. Xxxx

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I hope Sarah gets on ok  Graham.  Best wishes to her.

Since losing our little cat Lexy, the house seemed a bit empty.  Time has passed and today we went to the Adoption Centre.     You can no longer just arrive and browse  You have to register all details on line then they invite you to the Centre where you pick three cats from a folder, they then take you to see just those three. 

We couldn't decide over two. One absolutely beautiful furry with a gigantic tail, aged 12,   then a tiny black one (4 yrs) who has a heart murmur.   The furry one was all over us and tried to climb up me, but I turned round and saw these two little eyes from the little ones tent.  That did it.

We pick Kira up on Saturday, and she will be much loved and we will arrange regular vet check ups for her as they think the murmur may progress over time.  I think part of it was that my heart's a bit dodgy too so we will be soul mates!🤣😍

8 hours ago, Waju said:

Oh, I'm so sorry for assuming.  When you talk about 'our Sarah' you all seem so very close.

Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Our thoughts are with you and Pauline. 

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Reading the rest of the posts Graham, hugs and kisses as well.

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

And from me too, Graham and Pauline.  She  is obviously very dear to you both, and it is good that she has you to be with her.

I hope you the medics. can sort the problem  very soon.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Kind words Jane,+1.

45 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

So sorry to hear about Sarah, Graham - but it sounds like she is getting good care 

I know how close the three of you are so I’m sure it has been a very stressful time to see Sarah in pain and distress.

Make sure you and Pauline take care of yourselves and best wishes to Sarah.

Gill

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear about Sarah, I hope that the injections work and that she is soon up and about again 🙏

21 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear this Graham. I had cauda equine in Dec2003/Jan 2004. I have never had pain like it. My bowels and bladder stopped working and I had so much pain medication I cannot remember everything.

I know now I should have been operated on within 24 hours but I was left 6 days, as a result I have drop foot, permanent nerve damage and no reflexes in my left leg. I really hope she gets her operation quickly and she makes a full recovery. I will be thinking about her

Michelle

20 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

So sorry Graham, you are obviously very close to Sarah. You always have a kind word for others when there are family problems, so I hope the words of this community help you and Pauline.

13 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I should have also said Graham I have a friend at the gym who had the same thing who is absolutely fine now. Hopefully Sarah will be fine too. My last post sounded all doom and gloom and it more than likely won’t be

Michelle

Thank you so much my friends for all your kind words and good wishes for our lovely Sarah.

Graham.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your lovely sentiments Jane.

Sarah is epileptic and had a fit at her office where she fell against a chair and desk hurting her back.

She already has a spinal fracture from a previous fit.

Graham xx

Sorry to read about Sarah mate lets hope the injections work as it sounds like she has enough 

problems with  her back as it is .

She is in good hands and has two lovely people , you and Pauline who we know will be there 

for her . 🙂

Best wishes to the three of you :classic_love:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to read about Sarah mate lets hope the injections work as it sounds like she has enough 

problems with  her back as it is .

She is in good hands and has two lovely people , you and Pauline who we know will be there 

for her . 🙂

Best wishes to the three of you :classic_love:

Many thanks Kalos.

I appreciate your concerns mate.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I hope Sarah gets on ok  Graham.  Best wishes to her.

Since losing our little cat Lexy, the house seemed a bit empty.  Time has passed and today we went to the Adoption Centre.     You can no longer just arrive and browse  You have to register all details on line then they invite you to the Centre where you pick three cats from a folder, they then take you to see just those three. 

We couldn't decide over two. One absolutely beautiful furry with a gigantic tail, aged 12,   then a tiny black one (4 yrs) who has a heart murmur.   The furry one was all over us and tried to climb up me, but I turned round and saw these two little eyes from the little ones tent.  That did it.

We pick Kira up on Saturday, and she will be much loved and we will arrange regular vet check ups for her as they think the murmur may progress over time.  I think part of it was that my heart's a bit dodgy too so we will be soul mates!🤣😍

Thank you.

Kira sounds like a great choice and I'm sure she will be well loved.

Having had a heart attack myself 3 years ago I totally understand heart issues and wish you both good health.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

Hi Graham and Pauline, so sorry to hear about Sarah. You always sound so upbeat about life and I’m sure this is a very hard time for you both. Like some of the others, I presumed Sarah was your daughter. She is very lucky to have you both in her life. I hope you get good news very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Graham, I have just read about your Sarah and am sorry to hear about her problems. There is nothing much more that I can add, but agree with what the everyone esle has said. I hope the injections work and she recovers soon. She is lucky to have you and Pauline to look after her.

Take care all of you.

Pam 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear this Graham. I had cauda equine in Dec2003/Jan 2004. I have never had pain like it. My bowels and bladder stopped working and I had so much pain medication I cannot remember everything.

I know now I should have been operated on within 24 hours but I was left 6 days, as a result I have drop foot, permanent nerve damage and no reflexes in my left leg. I really hope she gets her operation quickly and she makes a full recovery. I will be thinking about her

Michelle

I'm so sorry you had to go through this Michelle.

The surgeon said it is a very risky operation and seemed to guide her towards the injection/rest route.

Graham 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Graham and Pauline, so sorry to hear about Sarah. You always sound so upbeat about life and I’m sure this is a very hard time for you both. Like some of the others, I presumed Sarah was your daughter. She is very lucky to have you both in her life. I hope you get good news very soon.

Thank you for your kind words.

Graham.

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry you had to go through this Michelle.

The surgeon said it is a very risky operation and seemed to guide her towards the injection/rest route.

Graham 

Fingers crossed for Sarah the injection route works and she can avoid surgery. Unfortunately I had no options, consultant said I needed surgery asap. I tell myself I am lucky because there are many people in a lot worse situation than me.

I am going to the gym in an hour, machines that move my legs and arms and I put up resistance against them. Not your normal gym but it is invaluable for me. Maybe there is something like this for Sarah to use during her rehabilitation when she feels a bit better

Take care all if you

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Graham, I have just read about your Sarah and am sorry to hear about her problems. There is nothing much more that I can add, but agree with what the everyone esle has said. I hope the injections work and she recovers soon. She is lucky to have you and Pauline to look after her.

Take care all of you.

Pam 

Thank you Pam.

I appreciate your good wishes for Sarah.

Graham 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Fingers crossed for Sarah the injection route works and she can avoid surgery. Unfortunately I had no options, consultant said I needed surgery asap. I tell myself I am lucky because there are many people in a lot worse situation than me.

I am going to the gym in an hour, machines that move my legs and arms and I put up resistance against them. Not your normal gym but it is invaluable for me. Maybe there is something like this for Sarah to use during her rehabilitation when she feels a bit better

Take care all if you

Michelle

Thank you Michelle for all your advice.

I'm happy you have gym routines that really help you.

Wishing you all the best.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

I read this forum most days but don't post much.

I am really sorry to hear about Sarah' health problems and wish her all the best.

You and Pauline sound like the best surrogate parents ever and I am sure with your faith and general outlook on life she will have the best ever love and care.

Molly

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sagaris said:

I am really sorry to hear about Sarah' health problems and wish her all the best.

You and Pauline sound like the best surrogate parents ever and I am sure with your faith and general outlook on life she will have the best ever love and care.

Molly

@grapau27I was going to write something very  similar but sagaris has expressed the sentiment in a much more eloquent manner than I  ever could. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sagaris said:

Molly

Lovely sincere words Molly. Jane.x

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sagaris said:

Molly

Thank you Molly for your lovely words.

Sarah knows she can always rely on us to help her and love her.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

@grapau27

I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah, and I know how close you all are. There's nothing much I can add to what others have said, except I hope those injections work as well for her as they did for my daughter. xx

Avril

Thank you Avril.

I'm pleased the injections worked well for your daughter.

Graham x

• Like 2