P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just been looking at the ferry cam that is now back up and running and the weather looks 

a tad nasty at the moment . 

Hope you have a great cruise sailing away from all this crap weather Bob 🙂

Glad to see ferry cam s back. I missed watching people going the wrong way in finding their parking lane😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Not the first time I have taken the needle off them and done it myself, did it frequently when giving blood.

I have bad veins and was once threatened with a femoral stab as they couldn’t get blood, I got it! 

My body hates parting with it's vital fluid and the veins go into hiding as I sit in the chair. I was fed up with coming out bruised and sore after being practised on. I now insist on the fully trained phlebotomist, she has no trouble at all. No longer  hearing ''Oops missed again'' giggle giggle.🤬

Avril

• Like 5

Just now, Adawn47 said:

My body hates parting with it's vital fluid and the veins go into hiding as I sit in the chair. I was fed up with coming out bruised and sore after being practised on. I now insist on the fully trained phlebotomist, she has no trouble at all. No longer  hearing ''Oops missed again'' giggle giggle.🤬

Avril

It’s funny how they do that isn’t it. They are not the one becoming a pin cushion.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kalos said:

Been to the Doctors this afternoon as it's that wonderful time of the year when the 

practise nurse likes to check me out and try and get me to part with some blood.🤣

I did warn the nurse but she thought she could get away with a needle .I had advised 

even the hospital uses a butterfly needle .

After two stabs and a root around veins she conceded and got a butterfly needle and 

opted for the back of my hand , Job done ! Just hope sample don't end up  hemolyzed ??

Some would say I should never have booked the appointment on Friday the 13th .

I just thank my lucky stars I'm not superstitious 😉

To be fair Friday 13th never upset me but Monday 16th used to when I was working 😊

Here's hoping your bloods come back fine Kalos.🤞 Knock on wood🤛

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re due to go in 2 weeks time on our 4 week South America land and cruise tour. I can see it being cut short because the last week is touring Peru including Machu Picchu, at the moment there are bad political protests, riots including many deaths. Several airports and railways are shut. Even if the situation improves I think that it will be too on edge there to be sensible to go as tourists.

Our last major touring holiday to Vietnam and Cambodia was also cut short in march 2020 due to the pandemic and we had to arrange an emergency flight booking home when the world was shutting down to travel. So we haven’t had much luck for our major tours.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s funny how they do that isn’t it. They are not the one becoming a pin cushion.

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Here's hoping your bloods come back fine Kalos.🤞 Knock on wood🤛

Avril

Forgot to say after all that jabbing and stabbing for over ten minutes .

She then said  " Oh lets check your blood pressure " Which was 144/84  I wonder why ? 🤔

Now told it's higher than usual and will I fill in a BP form for next few days .

This mornings reading is a very nice 117/74 🙂 and my H beat 59 and my oxygen is 97%

Which proves I'm happier on here with you lot than being spiked to hell .:classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

50 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Morning! Today’s my birthday & guess what ds gave us last weekend,  😷 Still feeling pretty ropy & struggling to breathe, ironically I had a text to fill in an asthma yesterday. Absolutely poured down with rain & windy last night, I don’t think we’ve floated down to the sea though. 

Happy Birthday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, well not so good weather wise here in Southampton. Iona arrived early at 2300 last night to beat the high winds. Currently, 0945, blowing a gale, but forecast to subside around midday. Good nights stay in Grand Harbour Leonardo, I would recommend it but watch the price, it varies enormously. Looking forward to boarding Iona again and hope for some warm weather in the Canaries.

Have a great cruise Bob, be interesting to hear your opinion of Iona.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

I don't think I'll bother. They probably won't be interested in an ageing overweight old bird with a slightly dodgy brain who can't seem to stop smoking at the moment! Jane.x

I used to smoke and it took a very frightening bronchial asthma attack  to stop me. That was 40 years ago.

Frank and my youngest daughter still did, and no matter how I tried they couldn't/wouldn't stop. I then looked into vaping, and after some research and a chat with our doctor and with some friends, I decided to try and wean them over to vaping. They took to it straight away and  have never given cigarettes a thought since.  It will be 4 years at the end of February and they are much healthier.

Anyway Jane, the upshot of this blather is, try vaping, it works.

Avril

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Morning! Today’s my birthday & guess what ds gave us last weekend,  😷 Still feeling pretty ropy & struggling to breathe, ironically I had a text to fill in an asthma yesterday. Absolutely poured down with rain & windy last night, I don’t think we’ve floated down to the sea though. 

Happy birthday! Sorry you’re not well, hope you manage to have as nice a day as you can.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for your good wishes. I won't do a full blown review when I return but will comment on my essentials that make a cruise for us, service, food and entertainment. I always find the staff respond to your attitude to them and have met many lovely people and very few we haven't taken to.

Pleased to say weather has changed, no rain and wind dropped.

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks to all for your good wishes. I won't do a full blown review when I return but will comment on my essentials that make a cruise for us, service, food and entertainment. I always find the staff respond to your attitude to them and have met many lovely people and very few we haven't taken to.

Pleased to say weather has changed, no rain and wind dropped.

Have a great time Bob, look forward to your views on Iona.

• Like 3

Graham I’m just catching up on this thread and I’m so sorry to hear about your Sarah and what pain she is going through at the moment and I sincerely hope all is well and better next week when she starts having injections, my thoughts are with you and Pauline you are a loving supportive uncle & Aunt to Sarah and very close .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well… Mum is still in hospital. When we were visiting yesterday afternoon they finally took her for a scan, hopefully we’ll find out more today.

She looks so tiny and frail bless her. The nurse taking her to the scan was so lovely with her - holding her round the waist to get her to the wheelchair ‘come on Jean dance with me’.

They’ve also had a Parkinson’s nurse visit her so that’s interesting. Unfortunately her speech, which hasn’t been great for a while is almost non existent at the moment, although she keeps trying.

I’m seriously thinking of taking next week off with stress as I had to go in the office yesterday (I always work from home Fridays) and I emailed one of the managers Thursday explained the situation and said was it ok I worked from home - she basically said no! They go on so much about mental health there but it’s obviously all talk. So basically I had 4 hours sleep before I went in yesterday! Not happy.

• Like 13

Going on the blood test and needles situation for some my granddaughter has a needle phobia after a very nasty accident when she was 3 and spent some time in hospital with needles coming out of all arms etc , so getting blood test is normally in hospital at young ages anyway with the numbing cream but now she is 10 they have to have it at the doctors but after 3 try’s they have sent her to hospital for it and after 4 try’s with no success she is now having play therapy to get her to the point where they can take it , 5 play therapy’s later they think she’s ready for next week but we’re not holding our breath for that yet because she would of had a week off not going to hospital and her anxiety would return, fingers crossed because she’s missing a lot of school for a 10 year old .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Happy birthday. I hope you're both feeling much better soon and can look forward to a belated birthday celebration . Take care.

Avril 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well… Mum is still in hospital. When we were visiting yesterday afternoon they finally took her for a scan, hopefully we’ll find out more today.

She looks so tiny and frail bless her. The nurse taking her to the scan was so lovely with her - holding her round the waist to get her to the wheelchair ‘come on Jean dance with me’.

They’ve also had a Parkinson’s nurse visit her so that’s interesting. Unfortunately her speech, which hasn’t been great for a while is almost non existent at the moment, although she keeps trying.

I’m seriously thinking of taking next week off with stress as I had to go in the office yesterday (I always work from home Fridays) and I emailed one of the managers Thursday explained the situation and said was it ok I worked from home - she basically said no! They go on so much about mental health there but it’s obviously all talk. So basically I had 4 hours sleep before I went in yesterday! Not happy.

Hopefully your mum improves everyday sue and gets stronger, it’s very difficult at times when you’re still working yourself and your parents are I’ll and they relie on you but you must also take care of yourself .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1