P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

But I don’t need the captain to tell me not to do something so stupid as sitting on the balcony. Anyway, the crew members seem to do charades during the talk, why shouldn’t we.

The part that we struggle with is folding the lifejacket up neatly afterwards. Still, I guess In a real emergency that won't matter too much.

13 hours ago, pete14 said:

But will Malcolm want to sit next to you? Presumably only if you have the best seat which I guess you would to reflect your status in this whole charade.

We have a routine at muster.. 

Get there early to get a seat and then give it up when someone more needy (or Malcolm) wants it... 

Pointless... 

Andy 

• Like 1

Back to original topic... 

Cool and cloudy down here today. 

Still stuck indoors but exciting times, our Asda delivery is coming tonight with only a couple of 'swapsies'... 

I guess the driver will play 'knock door run' like he did last week... 

Bin day Friday, so at least I get to go outside tomorrow... 😊

Only kidding, I have been walking the dog but even that is like a military operation now, making sure the 'enemy' does not come within 2mtrs...

All in all, we are coping well. 

I hope you are all doing the best you can. 

Keep safe 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 1

Bright and sunny up here in South Yorkshire 15 Deg and expected is 19's for today.

I'ts that quiet I can hear a family member screaming at someone in their household 

in the distance. Nice that they are bonding so well' two weeks into lockdown :classic_rolleyes:

Stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Still stuck indoors but exciting times, our Asda delivery is coming tonight with only a couple of 'swapsies'... 

Only kidding, I have been walking the dog but even that is like a military operation now, making sure the 'enemy' does not come within 2mtrs...

Keep safe 

Andy & Michelle x

Grateful phone call this morning from my allotted volunteer, doing shopping today rather then at the weekend, picking up my list at lunch time. I have managed to get some face masks for her use.so feeling better.

Edited by mercury7289
grammer
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Keep safe 

Andy & Michelle x

We have been stopping in the house or garden.

The regular dog walkers still walk past several times a day and a few strangers we have never seen before have been walking dogs??.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Tip from Mrs Kalos  FAO  Andy ..

Why not get out your suit and bow tie out  and Michelle could wear that ballgown she wore on the last cruise .

Then take the bin out together thus taking the boredom out of such a mundane chore whilst impressing 

your neighbours at the same time .:classic_cool::classic_cool::classic_cool:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

02966123-0CD5-46AF-B114-E0451B5112EC.thumb.jpeg.93c52c44f2754e123a1149fb2e07ce8f.jpeg

got everything we could out of the garage to make it a lovely day. 
it’s 19 degrees where we are 

kids are playing on the bouncy castle. I’m having a lovely cold coke while sunning my legs. They will have lunch in their play tent. 

we should have been in Madeira right now. Not much hotter there just 22. 

with how things are there are definitely more important things than holidays but trying to keep things as fun and normal for the kids. 

the one saving grace so far is that this house is a million times better for a lockdown than our first house and tiny garden that was always in the shade

Edited by Vampiress88
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Grateful phone call this morning from my allotted volunteer, doing shopping today rather then at the weekend, picking up my list at lunch time. I have managed to get some face masks for her use.so feeling better.

Glad you are getting the support you need. 

There are a lot of good people out there.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

We look forward to the Thursday “clap” as we get to see and wave at our neighbours. I went shopping or the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. I go on my giant scooter, not my cruising scooter. It was well organised with spacing on the pavement, baskets and trolleys being sanitised before going into the shop. There was loo rolls, pasta, eggs, and everything I wanted. No All Bran though, perhaps the loo roll hoarders had bought it all up.

It all seemed very civilised, home - shop - home inside 50 mins.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kalos said:

Tip from Mrs Kalos  FAO  Andy ..

Why not get out your suit and bow tie out  and Michelle could wear that ballgown she wore on the last cruise .

Then take the bin out together thus taking the boredom out of such a mundane chore whilst impressing 

your neighbours at the same time .:classic_cool::classic_cool::classic_cool:

Do you really think I have got any chance of getting in my cruise tux at the moment... 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daiB said:

We look forward to the Thursday “clap” as we get to see and wave at our neighbours. I went shopping or the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. I go on my giant scooter, not my cruising scooter. It was well organised with spacing on the pavement, baskets and trolleys being sanitised before going into the shop. There was loo rolls, pasta, eggs, and everything I wanted. No All Bran though, perhaps the loo roll hoarders had bought it all up.

It all seemed very civilised, home - shop - home inside 50 mins.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Peanut butter has been the random thing I have not been able to get... Who has it all... 

Andy 

Was a bit down yesterday as not only were we on day 8 of no internet (I’m using data on my phone for this) but my washing machine broke with washing in it! 😩

On my tiny phone I’ve ordered a new one as it was quite old and I doubt any repairmen would come out! It’s coming Tuesday so that’s good. Hubby (John) was on the phone for an hour trying to sort out internet. Waiting to hear from an engineer now.

Just to sound a really grumpy person even the sun is annoying me as tomorrow we were setting off to Southampton to stay overnight ready for our mini cruise Friday. The weather is looking glorious! All I can think is sailaway would have been brilliant.

Luckily John is on leave all weekend as we were supposed to be away so we’ll spend time in the garden hopefully chilling with the Belgium beer I bought so we can pretend we’re in a pavement cafe! 

Please don’t tell me there’s more important things , I know that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Peanut butter has been the random thing I have not been able to get... Who has it all... 

Andy 

I got peanut butter in Sainsbury’s last week but not a brand I normally buy. Normally I would have left it and ‘popped’ to another place but there’s queues everywhere here and I don’t (and probably shouldn’t) want to queue for at least half hour for one item!

My mum has M&S baked beans, they didn’t have any oddly so I got her Heinz - she wasn’t too impressed! 🙄 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Was a bit down yesterday as not only were we on day 8 of no internet (I’m using data on my phone for this) but my washing machine broke with washing in it! 😩

On my tiny phone I’ve ordered a new one as it was quite old and I doubt any repairmen would come out! It’s coming Tuesday so that’s good. Hubby (John) was on the phone for an hour trying to sort out internet. Waiting to hear from an engineer now.

Just to sound a really grumpy person even the sun is annoying me as tomorrow we were setting off to Southampton to stay overnight ready for our mini cruise Friday. The weather is looking glorious! All I can think is sailaway would have been brilliant.

Luckily John is on leave all weekend as we were supposed to be away so we’ll spend time in the garden hopefully chilling with the Belgium beer I bought so we can pretend we’re in a pavement cafe! 

what’s wrong with your internet? Is your phone line working? And who is your provider 

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

You are perfectly entitled to feel how you feel and I really feel your pain as we should have been away as well. At least you have some sunshine, enjoy it.

There are a lot of sanctimonious, holier than thou, busy bodies around - just ignore them. We all know there are more important things but we are still allowed to be disappointed. 

Enjoy your Belgium beer, good company and sun.

• Like 4