P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

The heart failure part stopped that happening but they still keep doing tests .Stents do not always get 

that part of the heart working again .It would not be a stent ,it would have been 3 of them .

Could be a bypass or a pacemaker or defrib  .Time and tests will tell but I feel ok at the moment .

Thanks for your concern Graham and hope your keeping well.

Thanks Kalos.

I feel well and pleased to hear you are feeling well too.

A couple of people on my ward in December were taken to the

James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough for heart by pass operations.

I sincerely hope you get the best treatment possible.

Regards Graham.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

I feel well and pleased to hear you are feeling well too.

A couple of people on my ward in December were taken to the

James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough for heart by pass operations.

I sincerely hope you get the best treatment possible.

Regards Graham.

Spent some time in Jimmy Cooks  (teaching hospital) years ago when my Dad passed in there .

I'm under Rotherham &Sheffield Northern General (teaching hospital)

All the top Cardio guys get together even with the Hallamshire boffins and figure out

whats best for me every few weeks. 

I'm  in good hands  and I  thank you for your concern .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Spent some time in Jimmy Cooks  (teaching hospital) years ago when my Dad passed in there .

All the top Cardio guys get together even with the Hallamshire boffins and figure out

Good to hear.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Okay. So I gave myself a good talking to and decided it's time to put my big girls pants on and stop wallowing in self pity. It changes nothing. So as a result I've just finished a baking marathon. 1 lemon and blackcurrant short cake with fresh cream for dessert tonight, some cheese scones and an iced sultana loaf.  Very therapeutic. If this isolation goes on for much longer I won't be able to get through the door. Stay well. 

Avril 

Cooking is also my goto hobby and there are usually loads of people to eat it. However with just the two of us, and one walk a day. We are going to waddle out of here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, happy v said:

Cooking is also my goto hobby and there are usually loads of people to eat it. However with just the two of us, and one walk a day. We are going to waddle out of here.

this is what I keep thinking. 

everyone’s going come out of this a couple of stone heavier and a lot will be pregnant! 

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

everyone’s going come out of this a couple of stone heavier and a lot will be pregnant! 

You can count me out of that one. Two stone heavier, probably. Pregnant, highly unlikely 😆

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well, you might be pregnant. But I think you can count out most others on here!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Plenty of homemade cooking with us to, 🍰 worried about getting into my cruising clothes. Still been Hopeful it will happen.

Definitely a baby boom, they will be called the Corona Babies. Some people might even call them that.  

9 hours ago, kalos said:

I think it's a postcode lottery everywhere.A friend of ours had a heart attack here a few years ago.The ambulance station is in the village and the paramedic lives opposite.Instead of taking him to the local old but adequate hospital,he drove  longer to the University hospital 10 miles further where they put a stent in straight away.Probably saved his life.They have been best friends since.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

The sun's really trying to get out this morning. I hope the weather picks up soon to brighten me up. I'm just sat waiting for my Asda delivery and wondering what next week will be like. It's getting much  harder now to try and stay positive. My brother- in-law,  who had  contracted covid19, died last night . Two family members gone in 10 days. It's really hard, not only for us, but for anyone who needs to be together as a family to comfort each other and can't. I can hear Frank moving about upstairs now so it's time to put on my brave face. Sorry about this post, but I don't want to talk like this in the house. I'm trying to keep everyone's spirits up and need a place for myself to talk. Stay well.

Avril 

Sincere condolences and look after each other

We’re both thankful for our health but times are not great. ( were both late 30’s early 40,s)

My brother and sister in law both work on the front line of the nhs, and have both come down with covid, both seem to be ok with mild symptoms.

My mum has been released/dumped from hospital into a care home where covid is rife and she is in lockdown in her bedroom.

Ive been laid off as a joint result of the slow down due to brexit earlier in the year and as a result of covid. Yes I’ve put been put on furlough for 2 months, but probably have no job to go back to. No other firms in my industry will take on at present.

my oh, works for a medical supplies co, and is run off her feet trying to source products that every co and country in the world are also trying to source. She’s working 14 hour days, and has been told that she’s also likely to have to take a pay cut. 

So it’s not great out there

Stay safe

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

We’re both thankful for our health but times are not great. ( were both late 30’s early 40,s)

My brother and sister in law both work on the front line of the nhs, and have both come down with covid, both seem to be ok with mild symptoms.

My mum has been released/dumped from hospital into a care home where covid is rife and she is in lockdown in her bedroom.

Ive been laid off as a joint result of the slow down due to brexit earlier in the year and as a result of covid. Yes I’ve put been put on furlough for 2 months, but probably have no job to go back to. No other firms in my industry will take on at present.

my oh, works for a medical supplies co, and is run off her feet trying to source products that every co and country in the world are also trying to source. She’s working 14 hour days, and has been told that she’s also likely to have to take a pay cut. 

Stay safe

Oh your poor mum, sounds horrendous.. 

Be proud of your brother and sil, we are all so grateful of the risks they take for us.. 

Try to keep your chin up, this won't last forever. 

Stay safe, 

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

Stay safe

Life as you say is not good but you do have your health and a wonderful wife .

Don't let it get you down as Andy in post above said ..it wont last forever, nothing ever does .

Stick in there you will look back one day and think .. How did we manage .. but you will .

Take care & keep safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well I've had another productive day. I stood and ironed a pile of clothes that have been looking at me for the past 3 days. My least favourite job.  Then I did the bedroom, bathroom and toilet. Mmm what fun that was. Still it's done now so we get into the garden now over the weekend and do the fun stuff. Stay well. 

Avril 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well I've had another productive day. I stood and ironed a pile of clothes that have been looking at me for the past 3 days. My least favourite job.  Then I did the bedroom, bathroom and toilet. Mmm what fun that was. Still it's done now so we get into the garden now over the weekend and do the fun stuff. Stay well. 

Avril 

my day wasn’t half as productive as yours. I went to work for 3 hours, we are hot desking again which is apparently safe and although I am sales I sold nothing. Computer says no again. Driving me nuts yet people still want someone inside their house! And I have to explain why that’s not going to happen. 

come home to the youngest has done all her school work but the eldest has refused again not been able to count up to five so that’s two days now that I have just left school work for her. 

we did have a takeaway tonight though just as we had planned as we were supposed to be on the cruise tomorrow. 
Pity party for one. Glad the kids are young enough not to be too bothered. 

and more work tomorrow 🙁 

38 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

my day wasn’t half as productive as yours. I went to work for 3 hours, we are hot desking again which is apparently safe and although I am sales I sold nothing. Computer says no again. Driving me nuts yet people still want someone inside their house! And I have to explain why that’s not going to happen. 

come home to the youngest has done all her school work but the eldest has refused again not been able to count up to five so that’s two days now that I have just left school work for her. 

we did have a takeaway tonight though just as we had planned as we were supposed to be on the cruise tomorrow. 
Pity party for one. Glad the kids are young enough not to be too bothered. 

and more work tomorrow 🙁 

OK.  So all things considered I think I'd rather have had my day. Ironing included. I can sympathise with you though. Having had 3 children in 5 years it's no picnic, and this pandemic makes it doubly difficult for you. Over these past few days I've learned what a great help this forum is. There's always someone on here that will brighten you up no matter what. Stay well. 

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

OK.  So all things considered I think I'd rather have had my day. Ironing included. I can sympathise with you though. Having had 3 children in 5 years it's no picnic, and this pandemic makes it doubly difficult for you. Over these past few days I've learned what a great help this forum is. There's always someone on here that will brighten you up no matter what. Stay well. 

Avril 

Gosh I had my babies two under two and I found that hard can’t believe you managed three under five! 
boards are always great for sounding out stuff. It connects you to the most interesting people from all walks with usually only one thing in common to find you actually have more. 

I think when we are all mostly locked in (apart from work) it’s nice to see how everyone’s day went. 

I alway do love to hear all the “regulars” on here too as you get a great sense of people after a long time of chatting and it often crosses my mind how everyone is. Even though I’m younger that most I still do still wonder about this little dysfunctional family of ours. 

just hope that in a few months from now we will all be safe happy and hopefully sunning it somewhere (even if that’s a deckchair in the back garden) 

night peeps

and I would love to hear everyone’s days, it’s not my thread but hearing everyone I think keeps us all going. Also request pictures of baking and if anyone wants to post me some scones I’ll send my address really fancying some for an afternoon tea!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Gosh I had my babies two under two and I found that hard can’t believe you managed three under five! 
boards are always great for sounding out stuff. It connects you to the most interesting people from all walks with usually only one thing in common to find you actually have more. 

I think when we are all mostly locked in (apart from work) it’s nice to see how everyone’s day went. 

I alway do love to hear all the “regulars” on here too as you get a great sense of people after a long time of chatting and it often crosses my mind how everyone is. Even though I’m younger that most I still do still wonder about this little dysfunctional family of ours. 

just hope that in a few months from now we will all be safe happy and hopefully sunning it somewhere (even if that’s a deckchair in the back garden) 

night peeps

and I would love to hear everyone’s days, it’s not my thread but hearing everyone I think keeps us all going. Also request pictures of baking and if anyone wants to post me some scones I’ll send my address really fancying some for an afternoon tea!

I had my son 1965 , first daughter. 1967 youngest daughter 1969. However I didn't work outside the home like you so it wasn't the same for me. Certainly kept me on my toes though. Hope tomorrow's a better day for you with a lovely sunny weekend to look forward to. Nite. Stay well. 

Avril 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I had my son 1965 , first daughter. 1967 youngest daughter 1969. However I didn't work outside the home like you so it wasn't the same for me. Certainly kept me on my toes though. Hope tomorrow's a better day for you with a lovely sunny weekend to look forward to. Nite. Stay well. 

Avril 

I bet it did?

3 children in that space of time.

Happy Days!😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

didn’t hardly work between the two of them. Think it was maybe 2-3months then I was lucky to not go back until littlest was 14months. I don’t do many hours so it’s kinda half and half, for me I don’t think it would have been any easier to stay at home just a different juggle as hubby would have probably been at work more. It’s all a juggling act now. 

I do wish I’d found these boards years ago when we went on our first cruise. Would have been so handy back then. 

my mum was born in 66. 

I can’t seem to get off these boards. We all should be tucked up in bed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

I bet it did?

3 children in that space of time.

Happy Days!😎

I once asked my gran who’s a lot older why she had four kids. 

she said there was nothing else to do back in those days! 

wasn’t exactly the answer I was expecting 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I once asked my gran who’s a lot older why she had four kids. 

she said there was nothing else to do back in those days! 

wasn’t exactly the answer I was expecting 

We were all young and frisky once.😉 

Some of us wish we still were😆 

Avril 

• Haha 2