P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It was lovely to pop along and see HAL Nieuw Statendam at Newcastle today.

Great to see HAL ships back in UK locations. 

Below is a previous SS. Statendam taken by me in Hamilton Bermuda July 1975. It was my first cruise ship, I had joined her a few weeks earlier in New York working on board as a shop manager ( duty free) happy days/ memories. Spent 6 months on her .Very different today's cruising.

PICT0031.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Great to see HAL ships back in UK locations. 

Below is a previous SS. Statendam taken by me in Hamilton Bermuda July 1975. It was my first cruise ship, I had joined her a few weeks earlier in New York working on board as a shop manager ( duty free) happy days/ memories. Spent 6 months on her .Very different today's cruising.

PICT0031.JPG

I agree.

It was a port transit today.

Nieuw Statendam is back at Newcastle in June and July.

They are doing Dover embarkations in 2025 but Newcastle or even Southampton departures would entice me on.

I have a lot of lovely friends on HAL boards.

• Like 3

Afternoon all! My mum is finally on her way home from the hospital! She was declared medically fit to go yesterday but they didn’t get the medication ready .we were sitting waiting from 4pm-7.30pm! All three of us were nearly falling asleep it was so hot in there!

Anyway they’ve sent her by hospital transport now as I’m working the late shift today. They phoned me to say she’d just gone at 4-30 so it be interesting to see how long it takes, I bet they’ve got a few drop offs! Can’t wait for her to be back there safe.

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all! My mum is finally on her way home from the hospital! She was declared medically fit to go yesterday but they didn’t get the medication ready .we were sitting waiting from 4pm-7.30pm! All three of us were nearly falling asleep it was so hot in there!

Anyway they’ve sent her by hospital transport now as I’m working the late shift today. They phoned me to say she’d just gone at 4-30 so it be interesting to see how long it takes, I bet they’ve got a few drop offs! Can’t wait for her to be back there safe.

That is good news Sue.  I hope that she is one of the early drop offs, it us no fun sitting in an vehicle while it does a tour of the local area.

• Like 6

I just had a lovely surprise, Royal Mail have just delivered letterbox flowers from my sister.  I rang to thank her and she said that she has sent them to all of us as a thank you for what we did over the weekend while she was in hospital.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That is good news Sue.  I hope that she is one of the early drop offs, it is no fun sitting in a vehicle while it does a tour of the local area.

No indeed! That is why we went up there yesterday with the wheelchair to take her ourselves!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just had a lovely surprise, Royal Mail have just delivered letterbox flowers from my sister.  I rang to thank her and she said that she has sent them to all of us as a thank you for what we did over the weekend while she was in hospital.

Aww lovely to be appreciated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I'm pleased your Mum is well and home again Sue. Now just take a big calming breath and get ready for your cruise.

Avril

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Glad to hear that your Mum is out of hospital, and has a good journey home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That was a thoughtful thing to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

For anyone who sails on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity these new loyalty reciprocal levels have just been announced.

IMG_7040.jpeg.9f902a4b876f768066d92c812848366c.jpeg

We saw that Graham. Currently we are Emerald on RC, so Select on X. When we get back in October we will be Diamond/Elite. The new reciprocal scheme won't actually benefit us. In about 20 years we will be Diamond+. Just like all you very loyal folk.😁. Out next big jump will be on NCL. Only about 3 nights needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For anyone who sails on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity these new loyalty reciprocal levels have just been announced.

That’s interesting that reciprocity includes Silverseas, I was not aware of that.

Must have a look to see what my Elite Plus gets me if I book with them. Thanks for posting this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

A lovely sunny morning here with clear blue skies but it was a bit on the cool side when I went out to put the washing on the line.

It is sisters and one teenager lunch today, we are going to my favourite Italian restaurant.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

Good morning.

It is breezy, overcast and 11°C here at the moment.

Pauline wants to cut the front lawn while I do work paperwork.

I hope everyone is in good health and looking forward to having a lovely day.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Ooooooooh, off to take a look at what Diamond Plus means 👍.  I’ll be looking at RC sailings for a TA back to Europe in Spring 2026.  Thanks Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Ooooooooh, off to take a look at what Diamond Plus means 👍.  I’ll be looking at RC sailings for a TA back to Europe in Spring 2026.  Thanks Graham.

5 free drinks a day mainly🥂🥳🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

You are welcome.

A big perk is 5 free drinks each daily at any time of day.

Get the Royal Caribbean app and a crown and anchor number which is linked to your celebrity account.

Contact Crown and anchor with your embarkation free cabin drinks too.

We get a bottle of champagne.

Bottle of beer.

2 bottles of soft drinks.

6 bottles of water

Screenshot_20240531_081701_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Having mainly only travelled with P&O, are their Peninsular Club points transferable to any other cruise line?

• Like 1

Just now, Waju said:

Having mainly only travelled with P&O, are their Peninsular Club points transferable to any other cruise line?

They used to with Princess but not now.

MSC do status matches with Princess and Royal Caribbean and I used our Princess Elite to get their top loyalty Diamond for 1 cruise.

I never checked but P&O status might be used so worth checking.

The Royal Caribbean companies I posted are permanent loyalty reciprocal levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

It was a port transit today.

Nieuw Statendam is back at Newcastle in June and July.

They are doing Dover embarkations in 2025 but Newcastle or even Southampton departures would entice me on.

I have a lot of lovely friends on HAL boards.

Saw her yesterday from t’other side Graham. If only Port of Tyne was an embarkation port. Only time we have managed to cruise from North Shields was during the cruises to nowhere phase when we went with Marella. (Our only Marella cruise) and got as far as the Farne Islands. Next one is Princess, once again we will be saying hello to Southampton. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

The sun is out here in Bolton. The cows are out in the field for the first time this year
Always lovely to see.IMG_0302.thumb.jpeg.ae7278266f3358b8c4788188583d9f48.jpeg

Is that the view from your garden?  Fabulous : )

• Like 2