P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13c overcast and breezy this morning, at least it’s stopped raining as it rained all day yesterday worst day for many months. There was a car accident near us yesterday on a mini roundabout where the road markings have worn away and it’s difficult to see the lines, there has been a temporary sign up for weeks warning of no line markings after earlier crashes why don’t they just repaint the lines? Many road marking round here are worn away and difficult to see especially in the wet.

Anyway a quiet day here but preparing for going away on Saturday to Southampton and embarking on Sunday for a month cruise on Sky Princess to USA and Canada. Early forecasts show a relatively smooth Atlantic outward crossing🤞 

• Like 15

Morning one and all.

A windy day here and a cool 13c, but dry. The wind is making it feel even more like winter than it has been of late. 

Going over to see Mum in a bit and a trip to Asda, but other than that and the normal chores nothng planned.

Hope every one has a good day.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning one and all.

A windy day here and a cool 13c, but dry. The wind is making it feel even more like winter than it has been of late. 

Going over to see Mum in a bit and a trip to Asda, but other than that and the normal chores nothng planned.

Hope every one has a good day.

Off to Morrisons to do some shopping. We are always moaning about the place so went to Sainsbury's last week.more expensive and couldn't find anything, so back to Morrisons.  It may not be perfect but It'll do. A bit like P&O.🤣

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Off to Morrisons to do some shopping. We are always moaning about the place so went to Sainsbury's last week.more expensive and couldn't find anything, so back to Morrisons.  It may not be perfect but It'll do. A bit like P&O.🤣

It's what you get used to.  We went into Morrisons a few weeks ago because we parked ln their carpark to go to a small shop nearby (DH is too mean to pay for parking on the public carpark) so I decided that we would do our shopping in there but ended up going to Tesco later because I hadn't got half of what I wanted. 

I agree that Sainsburys has become a lot more expensive recently and Tesco keep slipping small increases on everything too.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

We use Morrisons and Tesco and find they have everything we want

and they deliver for us .Mrs K buys a monthly pass that works out far 

cheaper trailing there and back in the car. Best of all if on a rare 

occasion anythings a miss with the order a phone call sorts .it

We had some strawberries that had a use by date less than 24 hours,

They just refunded the price and told us keep them and enjoy.

Mrs K may use them for spur of the moment things she wants 

but walking around supermarkets is not one of our hobbies .

• Like 2

I normally use Tesco as I retained my staff discount card when they made me redundant, but Asda and Lidl are both nearer. I don't like my local Lidl and I find that the prices in Asda are the same or more expensisve than Tesco, so worth the trip to Tesco, of which there are three all about a 15 minute drive  away.

• Like 6

Good afternoon.

It's a bit of a nothing day here weatherwise. No sun,  but not dark, no breeze, neither warm nor cold, and a drizzly/misty 13c. Typical autumnal weather really, it's just arrived too early.

I've ordered a ton of coke to be delivered today before the prices increase next month, saving us £50. It doesn't seem two minutes since I was stocking up the coke store for last winter. The days seem to have flown by this year.

Frank had a check up at our doctors last week his results are good and have said to keep doing what we're doing👍but to keep an eye on his weight. It's his 79th birthday on Wednesday and I know he's been bought a box of Lindt and a large box of liquorice allsorts so that's not very likely this week. However as a caring and loving wife I suppose I could always help him dispose of them😉

Have a good everyone.

Avril

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I normally use Tesco as I retained my staff discount card when they made me redundant, but Asda and Lidl are both nearer. I don't like my local Lidl and I find that the prices in Asda are the same or more expensisve than Tesco, so worth the trip to Tesco, of which there are three all about a 15 minute drive  away.

I don't like Lidl or Aldi and rarely go into either even though I have to drive past one or the other depending which Tesco I go to. 

I'm not keen on Asda either so don't bother to go there unless I just want a few odds and ends and I am going to M&S on the same retail park for something 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

We use Morrisons and Tesco and find they have everything we want

and they deliver for us .Mrs K buys a monthly pass that works out far 

cheaper trailing there and back in the car. Best of all if on a rare 

occasion anythings a miss with the order a phone call sorts .it

We had some strawberries that had a use by date less than 24 hours,

They just refunded the price and told us keep them and enjoy.

Mrs K may use them for spur of the moment things she wants 

but walking around supermarkets is not one of our hobbies .

I agree kalos. I shop online at Asda and Morrisons and have a yearly pass, Asda £35 and Morrisons £40. I use both every week and it works perfectly for me.

The delivery driver even brings the shopping in for me and puts it on the table so it's easier for me to unpack.

What's not to like.

Avril

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank had a check up at our doctors last week his results are good and have said to keep doing what we're doing👍but to keep an eye on his weight. It's his 79th birthday on Wednesday and I know he's been bought a box of Lindt and a large box of liquorice allsorts so that's not very likely this week. However as a caring and loving wife I suppose I could always help him dispose of them😉

Congratulations to Frank and to you for part in his recovery Avril - and I do agree that you should help him out even further, with the box of Lindt especially 😇😋.

I’m another with a Tesco delivery pass for whom walking around a supermarket (or any shop for that matter) does not feature on my list of fun things to do, although I do supplement Tesco with quick trips to my M&S Simply Food store and I send DH to Lidl for their GI loaves - trouble is, he normally comes back with stuff from the middle aisle too!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I've ordered a ton of coke to be delivered today before the prices increase next month, saving us £50.

If your happy with your drug dealer ,that's all that counts 🙃😉🤣

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good afternoon.

It's a bit of a nothing day here weatherwise. No sun,  but not dark, no breeze, neither warm nor cold, and a drizzly/misty 13c. Typical autumnal weather really, it's just arrived too early.

I've ordered a ton of coke to be delivered today before the prices increase next month, saving us £50. It doesn't seem two minutes since I was stocking up the coke store for last winter. The days seem to have flown by this year.

Have a good everyone.

Avril

It's good to hear that Frank is doing well. I agree that you should help him out with his birthday treats😇

• Like 2

Today has turned out to be quiet a nice day, except for the wind, as we have blue skies and a strange light in the sky😲, I think it's called the sun!

When in Asda this morning they had reduced their strawberries, so I have spent this afternoon making jam. Now if I make some scones and get some cream ...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It's what you get used to.  We went into Morrisons a few weeks ago because we parked ln their carpark to go to a small shop nearby (DH is too mean to pay for parking on the public carpark) so I decided that we would do our shopping in there but ended up going to Tesco later because I hadn't got half of what I wanted. 

I agree that Sainsburys has become a lot more expensive recently and Tesco keep slipping small increases on everything too.

We went to Fortnum&Masons in that London just before Christmas.We bought some preserves and pickles. Very posh. That should impress visitors. The young man in his frock coat wrapped each jar in tissue paper. Very posh. Some cruise companies transport you to Dover in a sedan chair. Very posh and triple the price. P&O will do for us, but we are on Royal Caribbean in a couple of weeks. They will do as well. Only need 3 nights on NCL to go up a grade and get some free speciality meals. Very fussy we are.😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Today has turned out to be quiet a nice day, except for the wind, as we have blue skies and a strange light in the sky😲, I think it's called the sun!

When in Asda this morning they had reduced their strawberries, so I have spent this afternoon making jam. Now if I make some scones and get some cream ...

No comment on the wind thing, ....but all those strawberries. 🤔

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good afternoon.

Have a good everyone.

Avril

Blimey sis,how many bottles of voddy would I order for a ton of coke,bro😉.

• Haha 3

Had my cataracts done 3 weeks last friday.They said 6 weeks for the other eye.I arranged an appointment in Boots last thursday and they referred me again.Got a phone call today and they're doing the op tomorrow morning.You don't ask you don't get,lol.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Had my cataracts done 3 weeks last friday.They said 6 weeks for the other eye.I arranged an appointment in Boots last thursday and they referred me again.Got a phone call today and they're doing the op tomorrow morning.You don't ask you don't get,lol.

All the best ,the future is looking good, or will be for you .🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I'm sure all will go well tomorrow.  I'm six weeks post second eye surgery.  I was back working on a cruise ship four days later ... rocking my "(Wo)Men in Black" look   🕶️

• Like 6

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

I'm sure all will go well tomorrow.  I'm six weeks post second eye surgery.  I was back working on a cruise ship four days later ... rocking my "(Wo)Men in Black" look   🕶️

Thanks,no worries the good eye is brilliant now but the bad eye is getting worse.IMO it's putting a strain  on the good eye.The sooner the better,Brian.

• Like 5

It’s really cold here tonight, the heating has kicked in. Over the weekend we had lovely weather and now it’s baltic,

Promised a smattering of snow on the hills tomorrow.

Hopefully it’s warmer further south.

• Like 7