P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Tested positive for covid19.

Got result around 7 am this morning.

Graham

That is awful news, I hope that it does not develop into a serious case and that you are soon feeling better.  Is Pauline ok ?

Do you have any idea where you came into contact with it ? 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graham

Sorry to hear that and knowing you have heart condition ,let's hope the symptoms stay 

mild for you. I just hope Pauline does not come down with it and you make a quick recovery .

Take care you two ,best wishes ,

Mr & Mrs Kalos :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Graham

So sorry to hear that Graham. It may not be as bad as you probably fear and the evidence on here shows you have the best wishes of all of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have just had phone call from the GP surgery, the doctor would like to see me at 10:20 this morning to talk about the Covid vaccine trial that I am taking part in, he is obviously under occupied.

At least it is a nice sunny day here in Stoke and the surgery is just under 2 miles away so I will get a nice walk.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That is awful news, I hope that it does not develop into a serious case and that you are soon feeling better.  Is Pauline ok ?

Do you have any idea where you came into contact with it ? 🤞

Thanks Josy.

So far Pauline has been fine.

First symptoms were last Friday night 6th November.

I was at the Eye Infirmary on Monday 2nd November which was very busy so my guess is I caught it there.

I have had a flu and pneumonia jab and suspected covid19 as I have been in bed for a week.

I'm grateful for my friends here for keeping my spirits up.

Graham.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to hear that and knowing you have heart condition ,let's hope the symptoms stay 

mild for you. I just hope Pauline does not come down with it and you make a quick recovery .

Take care you two ,best wishes ,

Mr & Mrs Kalos :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos I appreciate your kind words.

Very best wishes to you and Mrs Kalos too.

Graham.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Sorry to hear that, Graham - all the very best to you both.

You've been so careful - any idea where you picked it up?

Get well soon.🙂

Thanks Annie.

The only place I could have caught it was at my eye hospital appointment 4 days before first symptoms appeared.

Graham.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Annie.

The only place I could have caught it was at my eye hospital appointment 4 days before first symptoms appeared.

Graham.

The timing sounds right - dangerous places, hospitals.🤢

Take care, both of you, hope Pauline manages to dodge it and fingers firmly crossed that you make a full and rapid recovery.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham

Not good news Graham, but you had an idea  that's what it was. You said you were feeling a bit better yesterday, so I hope that's continuing. Is Pauline still alright?  Look after yourself, feet up and take care.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

The timing sounds right - dangerous places, hospitals.🤢

Take care, both of you, hope Pauline manages to dodge it and fingers firmly crossed that you make a full and rapid recovery.

Thank you so much Annie.

I had both eyes tested,drops put in then a photo scan of both eyes so a lot of opportunities to have picked covid19 up there.

Graham.

52 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had phone call from the GP surgery, the doctor would like to see me at 10:20 this morning to talk about the Covid vaccine trial that I am taking part in, he is obviously under occupied.

At least it is a nice sunny day here in Stoke and the surgery is just under 2 miles away so I will get a nice walk.

Interesting and encouraging that your GP would like to see you about the vaccine trial. I don’t think you use the same surgery as we do because I suspect you are more than 2 miles away. I wonder if my GP (who happens to be on various GP groups locally and nationally) will do the same with us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not good news Graham, but you had an idea  that's what it was. You said you were feeling a bit better yesterday, so I hope that's continuing. Is Pauline still alright?  Look after yourself, feet up and take care.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

Pauline so far has had no symptoms.

This is my seventh day in bed.

I felt tired all the time and a bit light headed.

I had a mild fever last Friday night and the only other symptom was an intermittent dry unproductive cough but otherwise I was okay until Wednesday night when I woke up at 2.30am and my upper body and the bedding on my side of our bed was soaked.

Pauline rang 119 at 8am and I had a covid19 test at 10am.

Take care of yourself and Frank.

Graham x.

:classic_smile:    F A O  GRAHAM  :classic_smile:

Things to cheer our bed ridden patient up with ...

I hope your not feeling too bad and you get better really soon .
I have noticed that when  I'm feeling unwell it's only on weekdays.
I think it must be my weekend immune system.:classic_unsure:

Did you know ants  never get sick
It's because they have little anty bodies !

I blame Maggie for the covid , if she hadn't shut all the pits ,we could have sheltered 
in them until the pandemic was over , and the worst we would have had ?
Miner symptoms ! :classic_smile:

Thinking about it ,if you know someone who is suffering from covid the last thing you 
should tell them is ... Try and stay positive  :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

I was told once a hot bowl of soup with plenty of Ginger in it can aid recovery .
I tried it out on my Mrs but she didn't like it , if anything it made her worse ..
She really loved that cat .:classic_mellow:

I hope you feel better real soon , I read somewhere that for a bit of company 
let your pet sleep on your bed with you ,chances are you'll feel better !
Not for me , I woke up to find my goldfish had died !

Keep us all updated as us lot on here will not rest until we know your ok again .

Get well soon Graham ,were all supporting you :classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Interesting and encouraging that your GP would like to see you about the vaccine trial. I don’t think you use the same surgery as we do because I suspect you are more than 2 miles away. I wonder if my GP (who happens to be on various GP groups locally and nationally) will do the same with us.

He was just interested in what they did at each of the appointments.  I have had a reaction to whatever they injected me with, I had very little sleep last night because every time I caught my arm on the bedclothes or turned over my arm hurt and woke me up.

I am definitely more than 2 miles from Tunstall we are in Lightwood so right in the south of the city.  Good luck today.

• Like 1

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

He was just interested in what they did at each of the appointments.  I have had a reaction to whatever they injected me with, I had very little sleep last night because every time I caught my arm on the bedclothes or turned over my arm hurt and woke me up.

I am definitely more than 2 miles from Tunstall we are in Lightwood so right in the south of the city.  Good luck today.

I hope your arm gets better soon. It sounds like it might be the way the injection was administered rather than anything to do with what you were injected with but no doubt they will be keen to follow up. 

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

It couldn't have happened at a worse time, when the woman is having chemo treatment !

Wishing them all the best and you and your family keep safe Josey .

Ps hope the arm gets better soon and thanks once again for doing the trials :classic_smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear this news. Let’s hope your niece’s husband recovers quickly and that her chemo session can proceed uninterrupted. This thread has taken a very sad turn this morning.

• Like 1