P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril and Frank.I have been asleep for 5 hours.

I feel alternatively. from a little chill then overheating and am asleep around 20 hours each day.

Paulines just made me some chicken toasties so after eating them I will go back to sleep as I am feeling drowsy,lightheaded and totally drained.

I cannot stress enough why everyone should take care and observe lockdown fully.

Graham x.

Take care Graham x

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I often check in only a few times a week to see what you are all talking about, and I was taken aback to read that you had contracted Covid Graham, and I wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery.  Your positive, supportive posts have been much in evidence over the past 'trying' months and so I hope that you are able to continue the same output as you recover and are back to posting the 'this is where we are now' pictures very soon.  

Thank you so much mrsgoggins,your kind words are appreciated by me and Pauline.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I feel alternatively. from a little chill then overheating and am asleep around 20 hours each day.

Paulines just made me some chicken toasties so after eating them I will go back to sleep as I am feeling drowsy,lightheaded and totally drained.

I cannot stress enough why everyone should take care and observe lockdown fully.

Graham x.

Love and hugs from Mr and Mrs Presto - hope Pauline stays safe while she takes care of you. xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Graham if you don’t have one get one, medical grade available from amazon within 24 hours / sold by local pharmacy if someone can get it for you.  COVID can sometimes result in silent hypoxia, particularly in older people. Anything above 95 is fine, 90 to 94 not so good and under 90 you need to speak to someone. You don’t even have to be short of breath for oxygenation to be below par. Best £30 you will ever spend.

I have had one in the house for years as I have  a lung problem and it is reassuring to know exactly what is happening. Usually it gives reassurance that while you may feel a bit breathless the oxygen is getting through just fine.

I hope you are feeling well, you are in my prayers.

Sound advice.  It’s a very simple, very cheap monitor of proven value in early identification of any problems arising. Avoid the cheapo ones though. Beurer is an option, offering decent quality at not too high a price.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Love and hugs from Mr and Mrs Presto - hope Pauline stays safe while she takes care of you. xx

Thanks Mr and Mrs Presto.

I worry about Pauline as she has been wonderful so have been in bed for 8 days with the window wide open for ventilation.

Love from the both of us X.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I feel alternatively. from a little chill then overheating feeling unwell and am asleep around 20 hours each day.

Graham x.

So sorry to hear that covid is laying you low Graham, I do hope that you're soon feeling better.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

So sorry to hear that covid is laying you low Graham, I do hope that you're soon feeling better.

Thank you John.

When I woke up at 6pm I checked our football score and Sunderland got beat 2-1 at home to a side who hadn't won away for 18 months.

Just as well I have all you lovely people on here to perk me up.

Graham.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just to change the subject (no disrespect Graham !) but am I the only one to think  that Anton has been told by the producers to mark high, so as to counter balance Craig ?   

I think Anton is just being Anton and marking as he thinks fit.I think he is a great addition to the judging team(pity its only for 2 weeks!)I thought there were some great dances this week.Particularly liked Bill Bailey and partner

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I think Anton is just being Anton and marking as he thinks fit.I think he is a great addition to the judging team(pity its only for 2 weeks!)I thought there were some great dances this week.Particularly liked Bill Bailey and partner

Yes, possibly. But I don't think the producers want two Mr Nasties, and Anton is looking for a job when he is too old to dance. Lets face it, when was the last time he danced with anyone under 35?

Don't you just love a Strictly discussion on a crusing forum?

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, possibly. But I don't think the producers want two Mr Nasties, and Anton is looking for a job when he is too old to dance. Lets face it, when was the last time he danced with anyone under 35?

Don't you just love a Strictly discussion on a crusing forum?

We have had all sorts of topics discussed on the forum.Surely Strictly is better than politics!!!?It will be great when cruising actually re starts so that cruising will be the main focus 🙂 

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We have had all sorts of topics discussed on the forum.Surely Strictly is better than politics!!!?It will be great when cruising actually re starts so that cruising will be the main focus 🙂 

Agreed. But watching Strictly with a bottle of red is still pretty good!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Agreed. But watching Strictly with a bottle of red is still pretty good!

Rose for me! I have a link to cruises - P&O do Strictly cruises! 😊 Thoroughly enjoyed Strictly last night. Bill Bailey was fabulous and loved Anton as a judge!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just to change the subject (no disrespect Graham !) but am I the only one to think  that Anton has been told by the producers to mark high, so as to counter balance Craig ?   

No, he is the voice of the dancers, he knows how difficult it is to get some second rate celebrity with no vowels in his name to look reasonable. 

Shirley was the one giving out the tens, not Anton. 

Why have you not suggested some conspiracy theory around her? 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did anyone else think that Len Goodman was back, Anton sounded very like Len.  I thought that Shirley was marking very high, I didn't think that anyone had reached a standard to justify 10.

I want Motsi to be dropped and keep Anton as a judge.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Changing the subject from Strictly, which we’ve never ever watched (!), how are you and Pauline this morning, Graham?

I came on here this morning to see if there was any Graham news, but I did have a big joyful grin when I saw Strictly mentioned.  It's a programme I can smile almost all the way through, although confess that I do start to watch it when it's recording - 15 minutes after it starts then I can jump through some of the rehearsal chat!  Even DH (radio 4, lots of politics, serious newspapers, doesn't read fiction etc ..... get the picture?) joins in with the spirit of the show 😁.

I can recommend it to you Harry. It's a true feelgood show right now.  And, I should like to nominate Bill Bailey for President 😉.  And I thought Anton did well too!

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Did anyone else think that Len Goodman was back, Anton sounded very like Len.  I thought that Shirley was marking very high, I didn't think that anyone had reached a standard to justify 10.

I want Motsi to be dropped and keep Anton as a judge.

I agree with you totally so a 'like' didn't seem enough ..... even down to the Pinot 😆

• Like 1

On the subject of Strictly, we have been on 3 strictly cruises and I am now a big fan of Craig, every time we have seen him onboard he has been very pleasant and we have often seen in standing around talking to passengers,  Gorka was on board once with Gemma Atkinson and they came and sat with us in the Glass House one night, again lovely people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I came on here this morning to see if there was any Graham news, but I did have a big joyful grin when I saw Strictly mentioned.  It's a programme I can smile almost all the way through, although confess that I do start to watch it when it's recording - 15 minutes after it starts then I can jump through some of the rehearsal chat!  Even DH (radio 4, lots of politics, serious newspapers, doesn't read fiction etc ..... get the picture?) joins in with the spirit of the show 😁.

I can recommend it to you Harry. It's a true feelgood show right now.  And, I should like to nominate Bill Bailey for President 😉.  And I thought Anton did well too!

Thanks - your husband sounds exactly like me!  I can bring myself to half watch Bake Off with my wife (Prue Leith, Noel Fielding, Matt Lucas fine, but can’t bear Hollywood) but by and large anything containing so-called ‘celebrities’ turns my stomach.

Saturday night we usually watch a film recorded earlier in the week.

Bill Bailey’s good though. Black Books was great!

• Like 1