P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

On the subject of Strictly, we have been on 3 strictly cruises and I am now a big fan of Craig, every time we have seen him onboard he has been very pleasant and we have often seen in standing around talking to passengers,  Gorka was on board once with Gemma Atkinson and they came and sat with us in the Glass House one night, again lovely people. 

I’ve done a Strictly cruise too and agree that Craig was very pleasant and chatty. We also had Ian Waite on board and he was lovely too.

I wonder if Maisie might find herself in the bottom two tonight, along with Max maybe?

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sound advice.  It’s a very simple, very cheap monitor of proven value in early identification of any problems arising. Avoid the cheapo ones though. Beurer is an option, offering decent quality at not too high a price.

I have just had a look and the prices and they have gone way up compared to what they were. Probably like thermometers people are buying them to monitor their health at home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Changing the subject from Strictly, which we’ve never ever watched (!), how are you and Pauline this morning, Graham?

I was just about to ask the same , How are you this morning Graham ? 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

On the subject of Strictly, we have been on 3 strictly cruises and I am now a big fan of Craig, every time we have seen him onboard he has been very pleasant and we have often seen in standing around talking to passengers,  Gorka was on board once with Gemma Atkinson and they came and sat with us in the Glass House one night, again lovely people. 

I would love to go on a Strictly cruise and if Craig was onboard that would be a bonus.!Generally I don't watch much TV- the news, a few quiz programmes and Strictly.I think there is a real 'feel good' factor and I love the outfits.Last night I even watched 'Jane McDonald and friends'.It almost felt like being on a cruise as Gareth Gates was one of the guests who we had seen in Limelight Club on Britannia.A real 'feel good 'factor evening which is much needed at present.

I think Anton is great as a judge and hope that eventually he permantly replaces Motsi.I like Shirley too but wonder if she had drunk too much Rose last night!? 

I do hope Graham is feeling better this morning.

Edited by ann141
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

I was just about to ask the same , How are you this morning Graham ? 

I've been watching the posts since early morning waiting to see a post from him. I hope he had a good night, mum always told me that you sleep yourself better. 

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been watching the posts since early morning waiting to see a post from him. I hope he had a good night, mum always told me that you sleep yourself better. 

Avril

So did mine, she used to say that “sleep was meat and drink to the immune system”.

Hopefully Graham is having a nice long lie and getting better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks - your husband sounds exactly like me!  I can bring myself to half watch Bake Off with my wife (Prue Leith, Noel Fielding, Matt Lucas fine, but can’t bear Hollywood) but by and large anything containing so-called ‘celebrities’ turns my stomach.

I am getting increasingly worried Harry because I am finding that I agree with many more of your posts than was once the case. 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have just had a look and the prices and they have gone way up compared to what they were. Probably like thermometers people are buying them to monitor their health at home. 

They went silly during the first wave once reports came out about how effective they were in spotting early problems. Prices fell back somewhat over the summer, but they’re presumably going up again. Any number of cheapies out there, but if I’m using medical equipment I want to be sure it’s accurate. Pointless otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am getting increasingly worried Harry because I am finding that I agree with many more of your posts than was once the case. 😇

Bring back Delia ! 

Oh I forgot they will anytime now .. Christmas with Delia :classic_love:

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

They went silly during the first wave once reports came out about how effective they were in spotting early problems. Prices fell back somewhat over the summer, but they’re presumably going up again. Any number of cheapies out there, but if I’m using medical equipment I want to be sure it’s accurate. Pointless otherwise.

Absolutely agree. The same with sphygmomanometers, the cheap ones and the ones you use at the wrist are not particularly accurate.

I was £30 a couple of years ago for my latest oximeter, it is now over £80 looking at the price today.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I haven’t changed.........perhaps it’s the power of persuasion?  😇

Or perhaps it’s because the subjects are different and less controversial.

People on here have some fairly strong fixed positions when it comes to all things P&O. As there have been fewer cruise related discussions these touchy subjects have been avoided.

I also think we all have things in more perspective as to what is important at the moment, I have certainly reviewed my thinking as life is too short to dispute on trivialities.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wouldn’t worry too much, Annie.  The world is changing.  Come January 1st, a few more may be feeling the same way, particularly in Kent.  😇

I live in Kent..... and I’ve always felt the same! 

It’s been raining hard here for hours. I dread to think what state the Waterbrook lorry park will be in.🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

We’ve never watched Strictly or any of the so-called talent shows either. We might watch snippets of Celebrity for the first time ever this year as it’s coming from Wales.

I have never watched 'Celebrity get me out of here' but I too may watch it as its coming from Wales!!

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

Bring back Delia ! 

Oh I forgot they will anytime now .. Christmas with Delia :classic_love:

Every christmas is a Delia Christmas in my home, and has been for many years. The mincemeat was put into jars yesterday, and her fabulous  christmas pudding is steaming as we speak, well post actually😉. It's the only christmas pudding I'll eat. Mmm😋

Avril

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Changing the subject from Strictly, which we’ve never ever watched (!), how are you and Pauline this morning, Graham?

Thanks for asking Harry.

I feel a little better but still keep overheating so still in bed.

Pauline has just brought me some salmon sandwiches and a cup of tea.👍

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve done a Strictly cruise too and agree that Craig was very pleasant and chatty. We also had Ian Waite on board and he was lovely too.

I wonder if Maisie might find herself in the bottom two tonight, along with Max maybe?

I hope it's Caroline Quentin... Can't stand the woman.. 

I think Max swearing hasn't done him any favours.. 

Andy 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

Glad you're feeling a little better Graham. The fact you have an appetite is a good sign. Enjoy the salmon sandwiches, sounds lovely. 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

Salmon sandwiches, very posh... 

Keep resting my friend, we are all thinking about you and wish you well. 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1