P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I was just about to ask the same , How are you this morning Graham ? 

I have got my appetite back a little although lost my taste sense yesterday.

I feel okay inside but keep overheating and get a dry cough when I speak.

Graham.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

I feel a little better but still keep overheating so still in bed.

Pauline has just brought me some salmon sandwiches and a cup of tea.👍

The tea will hopefully cool you down a bit. 

Take it easy and enjoy being waited on while you can. Once you are well again there will be the backlog of little jobs to get on with 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Salmon sandwiches, very posh... 

Keep resting my friend, we are all thinking about you and wish you well. 

Andy & Michelle x

Thanks Andy & Michelle.

At the moment I just want to keep lying down in bed.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The tea will hopefully cool you down a bit. 

Take it easy and enjoy being waited on while you can. Once you are well again there will be the backlog of little jobs to get on with 😀

At the moment I wish I was well enough to do any jobs.👍

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have got my appetite back a little although lost my taste sense yesterday.

I feel okay inside but keep overheating and get a dry cough when I speak.

Graham.

That's good news that you are eating and drinking and getting plenty of rest .

Lucky for you ,you do have your own little angel in the form of Pauline and from what I read is

doing a tremendous job looking after you, bless her.:classic_love:

Try not to speak too much if you find it's bothersome , maybe get a little bell as John suggested to you earlier in the week .:classic_wink:

I keep getting visions of poor Pauline running up and down those stairs looking after you .

I hope she is keeping safe & well under the circumstances .

Reminds me of that advert but role reversed ,with you shouting "Pauline love " and she is trudging up the stairs :classic_unsure:  ... You two take care and get plenty of rest  :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

I feel a little better but still keep overheating so still in bed.

Pauline has just brought me some salmon sandwiches and a cup of tea.👍

So pleased you feel a bit better, we were getting worried about you not posting . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Andy & Michelle.

At the moment I just want to keep lying down in bed.

Graham & Pauline x.

If that’s what you want to do Graham, keep doing it until you feel like doing more. Listen to your body and hopefully it won’t take long for you get back to normal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My sister has just called round to deliver an anniversary card and a bottle of sparkling wine.  We had socially distanced conversation while she stood about 10 metres away along the drive.  She tried to convince me that because she knew Three Choirs wine was our favourite she and her husband had to put themselves out and go away for a 2 days stay in the Three Choirs vineyard and that it was nothing to do them wanting a wine tasting break to find out why we liked to detour for a night in Gloucestershire when we drive to Southampton.  I love her but don't believe her 😂🍷

• Like 8

Just take it easy Graham.  You’ll be fine; give it time

Good advice on sleeping - just sleep yourself better

A strange day here.  Yesterday was simply awful.  Torrential rain all day, flooding etc.  Today started with heavy rain; we had a lovely bright and very warm 3 hour window when we managed to get the pup out for a run and get some fresh air ourselves; now it’s just reverted to crazy - sunny and warm one minute, tropical downpour the next

Still no heating on in our house; I’m still in short sleeves.  Madness!  Hope we don’t pay for it once the year turns

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's good news that you are eating and drinking and getting plenty of rest .

Lucky for you ,you do have your own little angel in the form of Pauline and from what I read is

doing a tremendous job looking after you, bless her.:classic_love:

Try not to speak too much if you find it's bothersome , maybe get a little bell as John suggested to you earlier in the week .:classic_wink:

I keep getting visions of poor Pauline running up and down those stairs looking after you .

I hope she is keeping safe & well under the circumstances .

Reminds me of that advert but role reversed ,with you shouting "Pauline love " and she is trudging up the stairs :classic_unsure:  ... You two take care and get plenty of rest  :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

Pauline has put a bell at my side of the bed but I would only ring it in an emergency.

I worry in case she catches this and she has been an angel constantly asking if I need anything and am I okay.

Graham.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister has just called round to deliver an anniversary card and a bottle of sparkling wine.  We had socially distanced conversation while she stood about 10 metres away along the drive.  She tried to convince me that because she knew Three Choirs wine was our favourite she and her husband had to put themselves out and go away for a 2 days stay in the Three Choirs vineyard and that it was nothing to do them wanting a wine tasting break to find out why we liked to detour for a night in Gloucestershire when we drive to Southampton.  I love her but don't believe her 😂🍷

Love it! Happy anniversary to you both and enjoy the wine x

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Just take it easy Graham.  You’ll be fine; give it time

Good advice on sleeping - just sleep yourself better

A strange day here.  Yesterday was simply awful.  Torrential rain all day, flooding etc.  Today started with heavy rain; we had a lovely bright and very warm 3 hour window when we managed to get the pup out for a run and get some fresh air ourselves; now it’s just reverted to crazy - sunny and warm one minute, tropical downpour the next

Still no heating on in our house; I’m still in short sleeves.  Madness!  Hope we don’t pay for it once the year turns

Torrential downpours here as well but cold to the extent that the precipitation was more like sleet than rain. We were out walking when it started and got socked to the skin, it was like cold needles hitting any exposed skin.

Only November so unfortunately a long winter still ahead. Hope we get some substantial snow, that is at least pretty.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for being concerned about me.

Graham.

We’re all concerned for you, Graham. You know that. And for Pauline of course. It’s good that you’ve been taking your health so seriously over recent times, and that will stand you in good stead.

Don’t tire yourself. Just rest and recover.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Torrential downpours here as well but cold to the extent that the precipitation was more like sleet than rain. We were out walking when it started and got socked to the skin, it was like cold needles hitting any exposed skin.

Only November so unfortunately a long winter still ahead. Hope we get some substantial snow, that is at least pretty.

Sorry to hear you got soaked while out walking.

Snow does look lovely especially when looking out of the window of a nice warm house.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

They went silly during the first wave once reports came out about how effective they were in spotting early problems. Prices fell back somewhat over the summer, but they’re presumably going up again. Any number of cheapies out there, but if I’m using medical equipment I want to be sure it’s accurate. Pointless otherwise.

I suspect the cheapie ones are as accurate as the expensive ones Harry, a bit like a cheap timex tells the time just as well as a Rolex.

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy Anniversary Josy i hope you both have a wonderful day.

Graham.

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We’re all concerned for you, Graham. You know that. And for Pauline of course. It’s good that you’ve been taking your health so seriously over recent times, and that will stand you in good stead.

Don’t tire yourself. Just rest and recover.  🙂

Thanks Harry we really appreciate all the goodwill shown towards us.

Graham.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

Just had a shower while Pauline changed all our bedding and feel a lot better for it.

Graham.

Nothing makes you feel better than a shower and then getting into a bed with freshly laundered sheets.......

Take your time in recovering and recuperating.

Best wishes to you and Pauline. 
Gill x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

Nothing makes you feel better than a shower and then getting into a bed with freshly laundered sheets.......

Take your time in recovering and recuperating.

Best wishes to you and Pauline. 
Gill x

Thank you Gill your sentiments are much appreciated.

Graham x.

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I suspect the cheapie ones are as accurate as the expensive ones Harry, a bit like a cheap timex tells the time just as well as a Rolex.

I would say yes and no to that John . A lot will be safe and could be accurate as one of the

more pricier ones. Some could be not built as good just like your example of the Timex vs

the Rolex, I agree you get what you pay for .

When it comes to medical equipment , like my blood pressure monitor , I use the same 

Omron machine that I see around clinics and on my doctors desk . If it's good enough for

them then it's good enough for me as I know it passes  Certifications: CE, FDA and CFDA.

So if you have a serious medical condition then you would be looking at the above , or 

you are just a healthy person wanting a rough idea then buy a cheapie if that's what rocks

your boat . I would advise though buy as I do from a medical supplier ,that way you know

it's fit for purpose as opposed to Shady-dot com via Ebay who I am told sell very good Rolex's

and phone chargers for a fraction of the recommended retail prices :classic_unsure:

As seen on tv  (Fake Britain , Watchdog etc ):classic_wink:

• Like 2