P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Walking along the Solent today and the sea is really choppy. 

Michelle does suffer a bit from sea sickness and usually says 'glad I'm not on a ship in that'...

Today, she says 'wish I was on a ship right now'... 

Funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder... 

Andy 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just had a shower while Pauline changed all our bedding and feel a lot better for it.

Graham.

Glad to hear you have enjoyed your lunch and a shower Graham.  All you need to do now is rest up for the rest of the day and continue being pampered.  Sounds like Pauline is doing a grand job.

Sorry to hear you have gone down with it - I have been looking at your posts and feeling concerned, but until now have just added a like to good wishes from others who are more regular posters, so you do not have to wade through so many messages.  Hope you are up and about soon and that Pauline continues to stay well,

Cheers,

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister has just called round to deliver an anniversary card and a bottle of sparkling wine.  We had socially distanced conversation while she stood about 10 metres away along the drive.  She tried to convince me that because she knew Three Choirs wine was our favourite she and her husband had to put themselves out and go away for a 2 days stay in the Three Choirs vineyard and that it was nothing to do them wanting a wine tasting break to find out why we liked to detour for a night in Gloucestershire when we drive to Southampton.  I love her but don't believe her 😂🍷

I hope you had a lovely Ruby wedding anniversary💕. Many congratulations to  you both.

Avril

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Walking along the Solent today and the sea is really choppy. 

Michelle does suffer a bit from sea sickness and usually says 'glad I'm not on a ship in that'...

Today, she says 'wish I was on a ship right now'... 

Funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder... 

Andy 

You never know what you want 'til it's gone. We're funny folk😉

Avril

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tring said:

Glad to hear you have enjoyed your lunch and a shower Graham.  All you need to do now is rest up for the rest of the day and continue being pampered.  Sounds like Pauline is doing a grand job.

Sorry to hear you have gone down with it - I have been looking at your posts and feeling concerned, but until now have just added a like to good wishes from others who are more regular posters, so you do not have to wade through so many messages.  Hope you are up and about soon and that Pauline continues to stay well,

Cheers,

Barbara

+ 1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Harry.

I feel a little better but still keep overheating so still in bed.

Pauline has just brought me some salmon sandwiches and a cup of tea.👍

John West with the crusts cut off.You're milking it now geeze,lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

With apologies to those who've already seen it (probably most - sorry!), maybe this little advertising video might bring a little warmth and happiness:

https://www.johnlewis.com/content/give-a-little-love

Advertising, sure, but positive sentiments.  🎅

Funnily enough Harry, Mrs Kalos and I was working out what our seasonal favorites 

are up to yet ...  UK Films 

In first place    Lil the goat          https://youtu.be/MgIigoL1Lro

In 2nd place    Kev the carrot   https://youtu.be/-mfMGayV_Fs

A few weeks to go and these could change but one of my favourites is from Ireland 

Called   Will He Come ?  It's has a ending that warms your heart :classic_love:  ... :classic_smile:

Even kids worry about covid :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

I have never watched 'Celebrity get me out of here' but I too may watch it as its coming from Wales!!

We purchased a static caravan in the summer and the site is about a mile from the castle. Soooo excited for the locals as this must be helping the tourist industry in lovely North Wales. We have never watched before but will be tonight as we can't visit our lovely caravan but may see it from a distance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tring said:

Cheers,

Barbara

A lovely post Barbara and Mr and Mrs Presto add our best wishes to it : )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Shows the power of a uniform! 

Lovely chap, terrible injuries,  but the worst dancer by far.   

But he didn't swear and he hasn't had a recent brush with the law over drugs like Maisie has.. 

It usually follows the same pattern, the no hoppers go first, then it's a popularity vote before you get down to the nitty gritty... 

Andy 

14 hours ago, tring said:

Cheers,

Barbara

Thank you Barbara.

Pauline has been marvellous looking after me.

Just woke up after a long peaceful sleep. 

I am stopping in bed because at the moment I feel good but yesterday I suddenly felt shivery for an hour then overheated and felt drowsy and went to sleep for hours.

It catches my breath when I speak so I am quiet and give Pauline the thumbs up all the time.

Take care Barbara.

Graham.

• Like 9

Ah, there you are Graham!  Good to see you and it’s nice that you may be moving back to normal-ish night time sleeping.  You’ll need some daytime naps too.  Keep up the good work but don’t rush.  All the best to Pauline too - she must take opportunities to put her feet up when you are comfortable.

No lockdown news here - today is likely to be like yesterday which will probably also be much like tomorrow.  Ho hum.  This, like all things, will pass.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Ah, there you are Graham!  Good to see you and it’s nice that you may be moving back to normal-ish night time sleeping.  You’ll need some daytime naps too.  Keep up the good work but don’t rush.  All the best to Pauline too - she must take opportunities to put her feet up when you are comfortable.

No lockdown news here - today is likely to be like yesterday which will probably also be much like tomorrow.  Ho hum.  This, like all things, will pass.  

Thanks for your good wishes Eddie.

I keep telling Pauline to slow down but TBH I am like this when she is poorly too as we are together almost 24/7.

Take care.

Graham.

32 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s on my list, but we’ll be starting the new series of ‘The Crown’ tonight 

We enjoyed the first episode last night. Extremely well done, of course, but as always left wondering about how much was fact and how much fiction. Great stuff though.  I’m absolutely not a royalist, but the politics are fascinating.

Daughter’s planning to watch the whole series over the next day or two. I’m sure a lot of people will. One a week for us will be fine. The pleasure’s as much in the anticipation - much like cruising! 🙂

• Like 3