P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for your good wishes Eddie.

I keep telling Pauline to slow down but TBH I am like this when she is poorly too as we are together almost 24/7.

Take care.

Graham.

Good morning Graham😊 It's good to know you had a good night's sleep and you're feeling a touch better this morning. It sounds like you're on the road to recovery at last. There's no way you're going to get get Pauline to ease up until you're well again Graham, it comforts us to us know we're helping during your recovery, so enjoy it while it lasts. That's love. 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My daughter's covid results came back negative, so that's a huge relief. This second lockdown isn't doing her mental health much good though. We managed to get her through the first one, but this time feels like it will be more difficult.  When will this damn thing end??

Avril

• Like 9

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Barbara.

Pauline has been marvellous looking after me.

Just woke up after a long peaceful sleep. 

I am stopping in bed because at the moment I feel good but yesterday I suddenly felt shivery for an hour then overheated and felt drowsy and went to sleep for hours.

It catches my breath when I speak so I am quiet and give Pauline the thumbs up all the time.

Take care Barbara.

Graham.

Great to read that you feel,you are feeling better and relaxing in bed.

One step at a time mate and you will get there ,so at the moment you are in the right place 

and have the best carer you could wish for (Pauline).

I hope you are still eating the good stuff salmon etc. Soon you will be on chicken soup !

Everyone has chicken soup when they are unwell. My gran ,my mother used to give it to me

and now even Mrs Kalos... Chicken soup , everytime.

Whatever you have I hope it makes you feel well and helps you on your way to a very 

speedy recovery ,take care :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for your good wishes Eddie.

I keep telling Pauline to slow down but TBH I am like this when she is poorly too as we are together almost 24/7.

Take care.

Graham.

Glad you seem to be feeling better Graham I do hope you are now over the worst.  Have you been taking any medication to help alleviate the symptoms, I assume that the NHS helpline has some advice, but I am avoiding looking myself,, just in case!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter's covid results came back negative, so that's a huge relief. This second lockdown isn't doing her mental health much good though. We managed to get her through the first one, but this time feels like it will be more difficult.  When will this damn thing end??

Avril

Some good news there at least, Avril.  And there is at least now an end in sight which looks both relatively near and actually achievable.  Considerable cause for optimism, compared even with just 8 days ago.  😄

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Great news Avril  and looking back to the devastation that covid had on your family 

in the early days of lockdown , I understand what a  a huge relief this must be for you and 

other members of the family .

Look at how far you have come so far and I'm sure you will cope with a vaccine not too far away .

Chin up lass , you can do this , take care & stay safe :classic_smile:  It will get better :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope you are still eating the good stuff salmon etc. Soon you will be on chicken soup !

Everyone has chicken soup when they are unwell. My gran ,my mother used to give it to me

Whatever you have I hope it makes you feel well and helps you on your way to a very 

What’s this with chicken soup? Lucozade was the magic cure for every illness. Big bottle covered in orange plastic film with gold foil covering the cap. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

What’s this with chicken soup? Lucozade was the magic cure for every illness. Big bottle covered in orange plastic film with gold foil covering the cap. 

MMMM, I love Lucozade, even when I'm not poorly.

Glad you're feeling a tad better grapau27. take it SLOWLY, other wise it will be one step forward 2 backwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Our family  weren't  that rich Pete  . I could drop on if I took ill near my Dad's pay day then 

I would get a bottle of lucozade but if I fell asleep the bottle seemed to evaporate.

I now know this was down to younger family members who decided they were also ill,

well, until they had drained the bottle  for me .:classic_unsure:

Chicken soup is the best !

When did you last see a poorly chicken running around a farm yard ? :classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning Graham😊 It's good to know you had a good night's sleep and you're feeling a touch better this morning. It sounds like you're on the road to recovery at last. There's no way you're going to get get Pauline to ease up until you're well again Graham, it comforts us to us know we're helping during your recovery, so enjoy it while it lasts. That's love. 

Avril

Thanks Avril.

It is a massive comfort getting all these get well messages on cc.

We have been overwhelmed also by the offers of help from friends and family, fortunately we had plenty of food in and Pauline has already wrapped and labelled everyone's Xmas presents.

Graham.

• Like 3

Avril

Avril.

That's great news that your daughter had a negative covid19 test.

Tell her we are all supporting her and hopefully by December 2nd this lockdown will be over.

Best wishes to all your family.

Love Graham & Pauline x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great news Avril  and looking back to the devastation that covid had on your family 

in the early days of lockdown , I understand what a  a huge relief this must be for you and 

other members of the family .

Look at how far you have come so far and I'm sure you will cope with a vaccine not too far away .

Chin up lass , you can do this , take care & stay safe :classic_smile:  It will get better :classic_biggrin:

It's not depression I'm feeling kalos, It's frustration.  Just when you feel things are improving your feet get knocked out from under you again. Much more of this and I shall be stamping my feet, shouting, crying, screaming and going orange in the face like a certain ex-president we all know😁

Only joking, I am after all, a mature adult😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great to read that you feel,you are feeling better and relaxing in bed.

One step at a time mate and you will get there ,so at the moment you are in the right place 

and have the best carer you could wish for (Pauline).

Thanks Kalos for your sincere best wishes I really appreciate them.I had chicken soup on Friday.

Take care of yourself and Mrs Kalos too.

Graham

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

It is a massive comfort getting all these get well messages on cc.

We have been overwhelmed also by the offers of help from friends and family, fortunately we had plenty of food in and Pauline has already wrapped and labelled everyone's Xmas presents.

Graham.

I don't say much on this site usually just every now and then - but I do certainly read  all the posts most days and usually have a little chuckle.  Just to say it is lovely to see you gradually returning to your usual postings.  You take care and keep improving!!

Alison

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Glad you seem to be feeling better Graham I do hope you are now over the worst.  Have you been taking any medication to help alleviate the symptoms, I assume that the NHS helpline has some advice, but I am avoiding looking myself,, just in case!!!!!!!!

Thanks John.

I have no additional medication except for my normal HA medication.

NHS said they could arrange oxygen to be sent to our home if needed but thankfully so far I haven't needed it.

Graham.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Can't stand chicken soup. I remember when we were young, mum would give us a spoonful of Virol(anyone remember that?) every morning. Lucozade was always trotted out when my children were ill. The doctor said it wouldn't do any good, but it made them feel better and they had fun looking through the orange film at things around them.

Avril

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

MMMM, I love Lucozade, even when I'm not poorly.

Glad you're feeling a tad better grapau27. take it SLOWLY, other wise it will be one step forward 2 backwards.

Thanks I totally agree  that is why I continue to stop in bed and only get up to go to the bathroom.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alija1960 said:

I don't say much on this site usually just every now and then - but I do certainly read  all the posts most days and usually have a little chuckle.  Just to say it is lovely to see you gradually returning to your usual postings.  You take care and keep improving!!

Alison

Thanks Alison it is lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for your kind comments.

Graham.

Avril

Great news Avril.

• Like 1

Avril

Graham, Good to hear you're feeling a bit better. Just take it slow and take as long as it takes - don't rush it!

Avril

Good news about your daughter's result, Avril.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We didn't get either. To start with I don't like chicken soup. We used get weak orange squash made with boiled water and glucose when sick.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Barbara.

Pauline has been marvellous looking after me.

Just woke up after a long peaceful sleep. 

I am stopping in bed because at the moment I feel good but yesterday I suddenly felt shivery for an hour then overheated and felt drowsy and went to sleep for hours.

It catches my breath when I speak so I am quiet and give Pauline the thumbs up all the time.

Take care Barbara.

Graham.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, just take it easy now and don't try to rush you recovery.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Josy. How are things with your niece and her family?

Avril

I have  been shopping this morning so I dropped some groceries and treats off for them that I picked from M&S.  I was doing a drop and knock but she opened the door as I was getting in my car.  She said that her husband is in bed and struggling to get up even to go to the bathroom because he feels so ill, she is giving him paracetamol to bring down his temperature, the children are both fine.  Yesterday she said that she was going to book a test today because she felt so poorly, the symptoms that her husband has are similar to her chemo reactions but she had a really bad headache which was one thing that her husband had complained of but today she says she feels fine so not bothering to book a test.

My sister's and I feel awful because none of us can go to help her or get the children to give them a break because they are all having to isolate.

• Like 1