P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks lovely Graham. I have made a note of the hotel for future reference 

Michelle

It is a fantastic choice at Bowness on Lake Windermere.

Another recommended hotel is 

Inn on the Lake at Glenridding on Lake Ullswater where Prince William and Kate visited last year.

We have also stayed at these 2 hotels and I did Tripadvisor reviews on them.

Graham.

• Like 1

We have a lovely sunny morning here in Stoke and I am desperately hoping that it stays this way because it is our first bowling match since mid September 2019.  All of our bowling greens were closed last year so we couldn't even practice and I have been lazy since they were allowed to open last month so haven't bowled a single wood for 20 months.😱😱

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Josy.

We always feel relaxed when we are at the Lake District and it was a great tonic for us both.

Graham.

We haven't been up to the lakes for about 5 years, we used to visit regularly for weekends walking.  It is one of my favourite parts of the country, I think we need to look into a break up there because we have decided to stay in the UK this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

We have a lovely sunny morning here in Stoke and I am desperately hoping that it stays this way because it is our first bowling match since mid September 2019.  All of our bowling greens were closed last year so we couldn't even practice and I have been lazy since they were allowed to open last month so haven't bowled a single wood for 20 months.😱😱

Good luck today and hopefully your good bowling form is with you on the green.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

So it’s a case of spectators stand back and try to keep looking in all directions at all times? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Me too graham let’s hope he’s been reading but don’t want to comment yet and hope he and Michelle are well and happy and will return soon 🙏.

Good morning to everyone nice blue skies here and peaceful for a little while before the builders get her at 7.45 , I’ve parked my car on the road this morning to stop them parking across my driveway let’s see what happens when I go shopping and hospital appointment. 

Jane I hope you had a good day yesterday back at work after your fall and they looked after you .

I did thanks Sandra. They looked after me very well. There was a lovely welcome back cake, a walking frame at the surgery entrance with my name on it, a set of crutches in my office, and stickers all over the place saying "mind the step, do not fall down the stairs, watch where you tread, keep upright" and many more. It was fun - and the patients thought it was hilarious. A good day.

Hope your builders are safely parked and yes, I too hope Andy and Michelle are both well but still reading.

Jane. X

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I did thanks Sandra. They looked after me very well. There was a lovely welcome back cake, a walking frame at the surgery entrance with my name on it, a set of crutches in my office, and stickers all over the place saying "mind the step, do not fall down the stairs, watch where you tread, keep upright" and many more. It was fun - and the patients thought it was hilarious. A good day.

Hope your builders are safely parked and yes, I too hope Andy and Michelle are both well but still reading.

Jane. X

Great reception from your work colleagues Jane and rightly so.

Take care.

Graham x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm hoping Andy pops in to let us know Michelle and himself are both well.

Graham.

So do I. I mention them often, hoping he still reads the posts occasionally and knows we still miss him and they're not forgotten. Andy let us know that he wouldn't be posting, but Harry and Selbourne just - well  they just disappeared. Maybe there both too busy at the the moment to post🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is a fantastic choice at Bowness on Lake Windermere.

Another recommended hotel is 

Inn on the Lake at Glenridding on Lake Ullswater where Prince William and Kate visited last year.

We have also stayed at these 2 hotels and I did Tripadvisor reviews on them.

Graham.

Like many, I get an email every morning about discounted hotels. We will try the Laura Ashley one before the darling little children start there hols. I saw a film about children in the lake District running around shooting innocent folk with bows and arrows. I hope it has changed since then🤔

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, a lovely morning here, blue skies but a bit breezy.

We had our 2nd Covid jabs on Sunday, I have been fine but hubby has been ill and had to ring in sick at work yesterday. He slept all day but I am pleased to say he feels better today but not 100% yet. 

My husband had the exact reactions as yours to his second AZ jab. At least the worst of it only lasts 24 hrs. I can only imagine how terrible it must be to actually contract the real thing. Thank goodness we now won't find out.

Avril 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not really up on local politics Sue, but isn't she West Yorkshire Mayor?  Dan Jarvis is the Mayor for South Yorkshire and if memory serves, he's 3 years into a 4 year term.🤔I could be wrong, it has been known😉

Avril

Sorry Avril, you are correct , I read somewhere she was South, wrong info posted on the internet shocker!! 😉

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So do I. I mention them often, hoping he still reads the posts occasionally and knows we still miss him and they're not forgotten. Andy let us know that he wouldn't be posting, but Harry and Selbourne just - well  they just disappeared. Maybe there both too busy at the the moment to post🤞

Avril

I think Harry and Selbourne do tend to post more when cruising is going - they’ll come back!

Just hope Andy does...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Definitely.

We both got Prawn sandwiches with a side of chips but they have a great choice of starters mains and deserts.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and I got fish and chips (photo).

The views are fantastic overlooking Lake Windermere.

You can park in the hotel car park and register the number plate at reception then you can walk around Lake Windermere and Bowness and leave your car at the hotel.

IMG_20210415_121116.jpg

Thanks Graham, it will be going on my list! Looking to book one or two before we go but it’s hard when I don’t know the restaurants.

We’re not too far from Bowness.

• Like 1

Morning everyone, and Andy and Michelle.

A beautiful day here, blue skies, sunshine, with a little high cloud and 12c. I've had wander down to the greenhouse this morning, and all the beans  and courgettes I planted are coming along nicely. I experimented with some wild strawberry seeds I had too, not thinking that they would grow, but the pots are now full of tiny seedlings. So far so good🤞.

I'm pleased things went well for you at work Jane, you can't have thought you were going to sneak back unnoticed did you?😉 The warning signs and walking aids were a nice touch though😄 

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

So it’s a case of spectators stand back and try to keep looking in all directions at all times? 

I will warn you, be very careful Wednesday May 26th we will be playing at Goldenhill.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

No Kalos this morning. Perhaps he's a bit upset after yesterday. I hope that's all it is. Not quite the same without his morning cheer up.🤔🤡

• Like 1

Good morning.  Another day of sunshine and showers awaits, sunny at the moment so time to give the small trees and bushes a haircut. 

Hope to have an hour on the patio later but who knows with this very changeable weather ?

Stay safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Alf Roberts was a better mayor.

I’ve been watching Classic Corrie in the afternoons (sad I know) and dear old Alf is still in it at the moment, he does look ill though 😢

Tricia left a couple of moths ago!

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No Kalos this morning. Perhaps he's a bit upset after yesterday. I hope that's all it is. Not quite the same without his morning cheer up.🤔🤡

He was late posting on this thread yesterday, but was posting on other threads earlier, and seemed his cheerful self. Having said that, I've looked through them all this morning as usual, and he's not posted on any as far as I can see.  Hopefully he's just other more important things to do today and all's well🤞

Avril

• Like 3

On 5/9/2021 at 5:30 PM, Josy1953 said:

Today has been a nightmare for us.  I noticed a damp patch on the hall carpet this morning.  When DH pulled the carpet up the floor underneath was soaking but there is no pipework in the hall.  We tried to get British Gas to come out because we have a Homecare agreement with them that is supposed to give us emergency plumbing callout 7 days a week, we can have an appointment for Wednesday.  We ended up calling my niece's plumber husband who came round and pulled up floorboards and traced the pipe work back to the bathroom where he found a pipe leaking behind the sink.  The water was tracking along a pipe under the floor into the hall.  He has now repaired it for us at no cost but it has made me wonder why we are bothering to pay BG.  I will be complaining to BG tomorrow about their service levels.

We were the same. The heating broke down and we are supposed to get emergency call outs as part of the service, they took 3 days (and as it would be the 3 days where we went to minus overnight) but thankfully were able to fix it there and then when they did eventually come. While they were in they did the annual service as well.

What we did find out as a result was that we were entitled for a refund for the service they didn’t / couldn’t do last year. If you didn’t get your service as a result of lockdowns ask and you will might be due a refund as well if BG is the same as SG.

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were the same. The heating broke down and we are supposed to get emergency call outs as part of the service, they took 3 days (and as it would be the 3 days where we went to minus overnight) but thankfully were able to fix it there and then when they did eventually come. While they were in they did the annual service as well.

What we did find out as a result was that we were entitled for a refund for the service they didn’t / couldn’t do last year. If you didn’t get your service as a result of lockdowns ask and you will might be due a refund as well if BG is the same as SG.

I spoke to BG this morning and they told me to submit an invoice for the work that was done.  My niece does all of her husband's  accounts and she has kindly emailed an invoice for his work to me even though he doesn't  want paying.   If I do manage to get the money back I will give it to my niece to do whatever she wants with it because I don't  think that he should be doing work that we have already paid for and not getting paid.

• Like 5

I’ve just had my boiler serviced this morning. Thankfully all ok. But I was staggered that in these Covid times he asked to use my bathroom. I’m afraid I said no.

Not having the best day as the buyer of my house dropped out (a few weeks short of exchanging). Pathetic excuses from her. She is of course entitled to do so, but after having allowed her five visits to measure up and plan garden I’m not exactly full of good feelings towards her!

Am waiting to hear if the owners of the property I want will give me time to find a new buyer.  Talk about stressed.....

On the plus side I’m getting my second jab of Pfizer this afternoon.

Gill x

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve just had my boiler serviced this morning. Thankfully all ok. But I was staggered that in these Covid times he asked to use my bathroom. I’m afraid I said no.

Not having the best day as the buyer of my house dropped out (a few weeks short of exchanging). Pathetic excuses from her. She is of course entitled to do so, but after having allowed her five visits to measure up and plan garden I’m not exactly full of good feelings towards her!

Am waiting to hear if the owners of the property I want will give me time to find a new buyer.  Talk about stressed.....

Gill x

I understand how you feel about losing your house sale, we lost our sale four times, three times at contract stage, it cost us a fortune in solicitors fees. Glad to say we sold and moved within six weeks. 
Michelle 

• Like 1

Oh Gill, how horrible our house sale/purchase system is.  I’m positive there’s no need for it to be as perilous and that something based on the Scottish system could be used and transactions could be done and dusted in a matter of weeks (and pretty certain from the start, enabling bridging loans etc and penalising anyone who backs out like your ... person

It’s still very blustery here.  Warm enough, in the sun, but heavy showers likely this evening.  We’ve done our long walk, so can stay smug indoors and let it rain.  Fields and gardens are at least looking refreshed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

That’s dreadful, I don’t know how you cope with a house sale system like that where someone can drop out at the last minute with no penalty. At least the housing market is boyant at the moment so hopefully someone will come along soon.

Good luck with the jag.

• Like 2