P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The site was down for an update ,the web design team thought they would give

us a rocket :classic_unsure: Good idea ? You never know it could take off :classic_wink: 

🎶  But I think it's gonna be a long long time ...I'm a rocket man 🎶 :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DamianG said:

It's been interesting to read some comments about the cost of UK breaks as we've just returned from a 4 night stay at Dacre Lakeside Park, East Yorkshire at a cost of £1200. It was our son's birthday so in the absence of cruising we decided to go for it even though I couldn't help thinking we once took a 10 night cruise for 2 people for £1000 in total albeit 10 years ago (in an outside cabin on Arcadia I might add).

This is how Hoseasons portray "a typical Bulrush Watersedge" lodge on their website:

01.JPG.498a4f6f2cb90227c72490b0fa0b605c.JPG

This is our actual hot tub balcony view (sorry it's sideways but you get the idea):

4a.thumb.jpg.13295f79e81808a716e1296ee921c2b3.jpg

The small print of the booking states that you may be allocated a pond view (rather than lake view) but at best I think we got an obstructed view. The decking was dirty with leaves, feathers and bird poo but to be fair to the staff someone came to sweep up within 10 minutes of reporting it. The tree was touching the lodge roof and when it got windy it made a banging noise.

Hoseasons website advises that the lodges have WiFi but the staff onsite openly admit that it does not work for the cabins located furthest away from the reception area. Our cabin was located at the back of the park so also suffered from traffic noise from the main East Coast road A165 from early morning to late at night.

The park itself is lovely, near Brandesburton so handy for the East Yorkshire coast and we enjoyed a good day out in Bridlington. However, I wish we'd known more about the lodges beforehand and had been able to choose one specifically. I've written to Hoseasons, in particular highlighting the misleading information on their website, but I've not received a reply and don't really expect one.

As for the cost, I appreciate supply and demand, fluid pricing and even some companies trying to stay afloat by increasing prices to catch up for lost revenue. However, I also think that there is excessive profiteering in some cases and this is one of them.

We may return in future but not in that particular lodge and definitely not at that price.

Wow what a price Damien! I’m glad you enjoyed yourselves mostly but it is a rip off. 
I really think these places are going to regret these big price hikes because as soon as they can people are going to go overseas with cheaper prices and guaranteed sunshine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Beat me too it!

I know the site has been down this afternoon - I guess that might have been to make us all rocket-powered? 🙂

… and now the rockets have disappeared 

🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ps I’m not keen on these rockets! 

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

… and now the rockets have disappeared 

🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just noticed that myself!

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Rockets have now blasted off ……🤣

Don't worry I've got this under control    !  :classic_unsure:

giphy.gif.8900082c820accefb65d56a29f4ae9cf.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

We went to buy a couple of new sofas. Then lunch with no booze. Look at the rockets. I can't find what you are on about. Oh dear the little rockets have gone. A bit like watching an episode of the X files.👽🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Ha! No rockets now but what I  I presume is a post count has appeared, under our avatar/initial.  (That is new, isn’t it?)

Watch this space for the next exciting development 🙄

I think the post count has always been there, but I would have enjoyed the little rocket.🚀🛸

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We have had a lovely warm afternoon for bowling today.  We managed to win on what some of us consider to be the worst green in Stoke-on-Trent.

We'll done Josy.

Just a quiet day for us.

18°C and sunny.

We had lunch in the garden and Pauline cut the grass this afternoon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Ha! No rockets now but what I  I presume is a post count has appeared, under our avatar/initial.  (That is new, isn’t it?)

Watch this space for the next exciting development 🙄

I see no rockets or post count on my smart phone, there might be on my laptop, but the poor thing is now so old and decrepit that I could mail in my posts faster than use the laptop.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I see no rockets or post count on my smart phone, there might be on my laptop, but the poor thing is now so old and decrepit that I could mail in my posts faster than use the laptop.

8630. That is your post count. The little Klingon kid left it behind when his rocket left.🛸

But the count is imprecise now and sits next to a grey speech bubble 💬 

So yours, zapp, says 💬 4k 

terrierjohn has 8.6k, I have 1.7k and Graham beats us all into a c0cked hat with 💬 23.1k

As if it matters at all …

Shows what our lockdown lives have become 😋

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

But the count is imprecise now and sits next to a grey speech bubble 💬 

So yours, zapp, says 💬 4k 

terrierjohn has 8.6k, I have 1.7k and Graham beats us all into a c0cked hat with 💬 23.1k

As if it matters at all …

Shows what our lockdown lives have become 😋

I feel deprived, are you all seeing these things on phones or tablets or laptops or maybe an old steam powered desk top, or what?  Even my tablet is rocket and post count free  I am bereft.😥

• Haha 1