Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

10 hours ago, rakkor said:

I posted the new menus from our Aug Sun Voyage on my Blog  - All bar the first day - https://blog.rakkor.uk/blog/britannia-daily-menus/q123p-sun-voyage-menus-august-2021/

I've just spent a very happy half hour reading your blog. I love Jane's dress on the post from the 24th. The menus are definitely making me feel hungry.  

12 hours ago, rakkor said:

I posted the new menus from our Aug Sun Voyage on my Blog  - All bar the first day - https://blog.rakkor.uk/blog/britannia-daily-menus/q123p-sun-voyage-menus-august-2021/

Thanks for posting the link. I think the new menu is an improvement.

During his lunchtime announcement the captain told us the guess who was medivaced is doing well. 

Another warm day but a bit more wind. 

• Like 3

For my __th birthday, Mister took me for a staycation at Ginormous Theme Park Not Mouse Themed about an hour away. News was reporting the place was “a ghost town” due to school returning and mask requirements. Turns out, the place was PACKED. Maybe 1 in 100 were wearing masks or even attempting to social distance. We did the best we could, stayed as far from people as practicable and stayed masked up. All in all it was a nice treat, though. We were careful and enjoyed ourselves. For now we will stay hidden in our home again until June when there is a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas for our niece’s wedding. Hopefully the world will be well on its way to righting itself by then. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Thanks for posting the link. I think the new menu is an improvement.

During his lunchtime announcement the captain told us the guess who was medivaced is doing well. 

Another warm day but a bit more wind. 

LL, by any chance did you get to see Queen Mary 2 which has been running sea trials in the Bay of Biscay? Looking at the tracks of both ships they have intersected several time, of course they could have been vastly separate times. QM2 is headed to Southampton today, and I hope to get a good lock at her post repaint. She looked quite stunning in the dry dock in Brest. 

56 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

LL, by any chance did you get to see Queen Mary 2 which has been running sea trials in the Bay of Biscay? Looking at the tracks of both ships they have intersected several time, of course they could have been vastly separate times. QM2 is headed to Southampton today, and I hope to get a good lock at her post repaint. She looked quite stunning in the dry dock in Brest. 

Sadly we have not seen QM2 maybe we will see her. I would hope they would announce it if there is a chance of seeing her.

32 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

Sadly we have not seen QM2 maybe we will see her. I would hope they would announce it if there is a chance of seeing her.

She is currently west of the Isle of Wight, and will be in Southampton this evening. I would imagine for several days. I don't know when your voyage ends, but I think you might just get a look at her as you sail up Southampton Water. She is supposed to be tied up at berth 101, and QE is due to be at 106. so you will be neighbors. 

13 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

She is currently west of the Isle of Wight, and will be in Southampton this evening. I would imagine for several days. I don't know when your voyage ends, but I think you might just get a look at her as you sail up Southampton Water. She is supposed to be tied up at berth 101, and QE is due to be at 106. so you will be neighbors. 

We are due back on Friday so we should see her. Ii am on the starboard side so if I am up early enough would see her from my cabin. 

Landing details have arrived. I should be off at 8.30 so about normal time even without priority. 

That's always a bad sign, enjoy the rest of your time on board.

Here I've been commuting with Mr HH to save fuel, so my day starts 30 minutes earlier than normal. We would have had enough but one of our nieces is getting married 100 miles away next Monday so we wanted to save enough to get there. Whether I'm ready to deal with that many people is a different question 😱.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

We are due back on Friday so we should see her. Ii am on the starboard side so if I am up early enough would see her from my cabin. 

Landing details have arrived. I should be off at 8.30 so about normal time even without priority. 

I watched QM2 sail up Southampton Water and go to berth 101. There was a final close up from the youtube Solentships Box camera and she looks splendid even in the moonlight. I will wait for your impressions LL.

8 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

I watched QM2 sail up Southampton Water and go to berth 101. There was a final close up from the youtube Solentships Box camera and she looks splendid even in the moonlight. I will wait for your impressions LL.

I have just been to hear Mr Payne talk about qm2.  On returning to my cabin the dreaded leatherette cover  is on the bed. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, Bigmike911 said:

We went to see QM2 in grey, drizzly Southampton this morning. She was looking good in her new paintwork, but the weather was terrible! We are down to use our many times cancelled pre cruise hotel bookings. Have joined two together. We should see QE in tomorrow as well.

Enjoy the end of your cruise, Lanky Lad.

20210930_125538.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Welcome home and thanks for posting during your trip.

Thanks HH. I had a great time, but will do a more detailed report.

Mum is not happy (under statement) as she was due on QE in November taking my niece and great niece who is only 7. She got an email on Thursday to say her booking will be cancelled.

1 minute ago, Lanky Lad said:

Thanks HH. I had a great time, but will do a more detailed report.

Mum is not happy (under statement) as she was due on QE in November taking my niece and great niece who is only 7. She got an email on Thursday to say her booking will be cancelled.

I have an 8 year old grandson and I know he would be heart broken, as well as I. I am so sorry for your mother and nieces.

5 minutes ago, techteach said:

I have an 8 year old grandson and I know he would be heart broken, as well as I. I am so sorry for your mother and nieces.

Thanks techteach. They were due on QV in December 2020 so this is the second cancellation.

What a shame.

I'm back home after a couple of days in Herefordshire for our niece's wedding. We were a few guests and 1 bridesmaid down with Covid.

It was a beautiful wedding but the weather was mixed, the bride and groom got drenched having photographs taken and we got very wet getting to and from our taxi back to our Airbnb.

Back to work tomorrow

• Like 1

Well, things didn't go quite to plan for us. We had to return home from Southampton on the Friday as I tested positive for covid.

Turns out I have had/got severe covid and I ended up in hospital for most of yesterday. Thankfully, I am home now with a raft of drugs and orders to monitor my sats carefully. Thank heavens I had had the vaccine! I also have a chest infection, which would not have been helping. It all got a bit frightening yesterday, but I feel a lot better already today.

If anyone out there has not had the vaccine yet. Please, please get it now. It could save your life.