Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Sometimes I wish we had a pool but then we would lose the view from the back patio and one of my favorite trees.  Plus we are pretty busy so I don't know how much time we would have for the pool anyway.  

Prior to the pandemic we liked to sit by one of the pools and converse with neigbors.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

We have been eating in restaurants since last May.  81% of people over 65 have been vaccinated in Florida and that it is the population that is especially vulnerable.  We don't need 70% of the people vaccinated.  We need 70% of the people having immunity which can be from having had covid or being vaccinated. Moderna and Pfizer are both coming up with boosters and I am sure that we will be able to get one before our immunity wanes.  I feel that being vaccinated I am not at risk for becoming seriously ill so I will take the Florida Surgeon General's advice.  

So many people have died from covid.  Young as well as old.  I am not a gambler.  I want to protect myself, my family and my community.  Even if you don't get covid- you can pass it to more vulnerable people.  

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Prior to the pandemic we liked to sit by one of the pools and converse with neigbors.

We ate out on our deck a lot 

but now part of it is torn up for repair.  Hope it’s done soon

1 minute ago, seamus69 said:

We have a huge deck but very rarely sit on it to eat because there are too many bees who like to visit.We also have a very large terrace but almost never sit out because of the same reason.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have a huge deck but very rarely sit on it to eat because there are too many bees who like to visit.We also have a very large terrace but almost never sit out because of the same reason.

We also spend time on our deck. We barbecue and our family and friends join

On 5/9/2021 at 7:51 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I am not a gambler.  I want to protect myself, my family and my community.  Even if you don't get covid- you can pass it to more vulnerable people.  

Exactly. I've been super careful since I wanted to visit my Mom and aunt...both in their mid to upper 90s. Haven't seen them since October. We got take-out to have some lunch with my aunt. That was the first take-out in over a year. What a treat!  Now we'll start doing a bit more - but not ready for eat-in yet, especially with the restaurant capacity increases coming soon. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 5/8/2021 at 9:10 PM, Keksie said:

Sometimes I wish we had a pool

Can't wait to open mine, but hoping for a better swimming season. Last year lots of problems with chemical imbalance. Pools are nice,  but like anything else, have to be willing to do the maintenance and all else that goes with it. We have large hedges that border the pool on two sides - so it's very private. Hoping the weather warms up soon so I can get the water temp up in a few days after opening. Deck is really dirty in this pic - but near end of last season I bought a power sprayer and got the whole thing pretty clean. Gotta admit, during the summers that chair with the blue cushion on it is about my favorite place to be!  

So for anyone thinking of putting in a pool...I say...go for it!!  Has been especially nice during the pandemic. 

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, seamus69 said:

We need to have ours rebuilt too. But we are having a difficult time finding contractors and wood. :classic_rolleyes: Or a roofer to repair a small tree branch hole in the roof, or the kitchen remodel, or much of anything that needs to get done. :classic_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

But we are having a difficult time finding contractors

Sounds like my problem with trying to get landscapers. Have contacted several over the years and most never get back to me. I suspect some of them get involved with well-paying contracts taking care of businesses, offices, etc. and don't need to bother stopping over at someone's house to look around and give ideas for replacing trees and shrubs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Love the backyard 

YEAH!  Bring on the pool pics!!  Next time take your finger away from the front of the lens though  😉  Beautifully landscaped near the pool...do you have a big problem with leaves, etc. blowing in there?  I don't have any shrubbery real close by except for two long hedges. Our neighbor has a gigantic tree though that sheds these huge (tough to rake up) leaves towards end of summer already. Wish he'd get it cut down or at least trimmed back. If the whole tree ever comes down in a storm and falls my way, it'll likely severely damage the pool. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

YEAH!  Bring on the pool pics!!  Next time take your finger away from the front of the lens though  😉  Beautifully landscaped near the pool...do you have a big problem with leaves, etc. blowing in there?  I don't have any shrubbery real close by except for two long hedges. Our neighbor has a gigantic tree though that sheds these huge (tough to rake up) leaves towards end of summer already. Wish he'd get it cut down or at least trimmed back. If the whole tree ever comes down in a storm and falls my way, it'll likely severely damage the pool. 

We have a leaf blower and good gardener.  My dh keeps it neat and clean. In the back we have a beautiful waterfall next to the slide.   Sorry about the finger.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cdde8ddbba9d4fa659ef1de537be6fc4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdde8ddbba9d4fa659ef1de537be6fc4.jpeg
Upside down.  Sorry

how do you keep the water from falling out?

jk...reading on my laptop so easy to turn upside down and it looks very nice.

I'm sure a lot of pools that were under-utilized have been getting more use since COVID.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have a leaf blower and good gardener.

A good gardener, eh?  I have one of them too...same guy that's typing this!!  Thanks for more pics. I hate it when stuff comes out upside down. Took a video on my iphone of the last snowstorm and that's how it turned out. I still like using my Sony videocam for doing video. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're hoping our deck repair is finished today so we can get back to using the deck without ducking under caution tape.  I have to put dirt back in the raised flower beds and get a few herbs planted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of our COVID masks restrictions are DROPPED, except in nursing homes, healthcare settings, and public transportation. Businesses can still require masks, and each city or town can require masks if they choose.  My town doesn't have any mask requirements, but I carry mine with me for when I go into businesses that require them.  I also carry my vaccination card for businesses that may require proof of vaccination.

As far as restrictions in the nursing homes go (I work in one), some of our restrictions are loosened, while others are tightened.  

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 5:40 AM, seamus69 said:

We're hoping our deck repair is finished today so we can get back to using the deck without ducking under caution tape.  I have to put dirt back in the raised flower beds and get a few herbs planted.

We finally had a deck repair person come today for an estimate. I went out and he was talking to DH, and they were both wearing masks. I told him we were both vaccinated, and he didn't need to wear it. He said OTG, and they both took them off. Things went a lot cheerier after that. :classic_biggrin: We are slowly getting back to normal here. :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...