What do you order from the deli?

crusinpsychRN

Hot dogs on a toasted bun with mustard and sauerkraut, sometimes with cheese and chili and sometimes I get some bacon from Guy Fieri's to put on it.  Add french fries and a cold beer and I'm good...YUM.

32 minutes ago, tattoos said:

Hot dogs on a toasted bun with mustard and sauerkraut, sometimes with cheese and chili and sometimes I get some bacon from Guy Fieri's to put on it.  Add french fries and a cold beer and I'm good...YUM.

Where do they toast the bun?

6 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I'd bet most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind taste test between "pre-assembled" and "freshly made"

I would take that bet. When they sliced the Corned Beef and Pastrami right out of the steamer, it was really good. The Pastrami is now served with a tomato sauce of some kind, gross. I requested a fresh sandwich and he made it with mustard as it should be,

• Like 1

cruisinpsychRN:  He toasted the hot dog roll on the panini press.  The toppings were in covered hot bins to the right of the Deli.  After he gave me my hot dogs, I stepped to the right and there they were.  I uncovered chili and sauerkraut...don't know what was in the other bins.  The mustard was in a container.  The only thing they didn't have that I like on hot dogs is sweet relish.  On my next cruise, I'm bringing some individual sweet relish packets.

I hope they still have hot dogs available when I cruise in October on the Breeze.

I agree with LIZE, the tuna salad is delicious.

2 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

A lousy grilled cheese is usually caused by using the wrong cheese. I've  used what I call block cheese--sharp cheddar in a block and it's good. American slices and it's gross.

I have grilled cheese sandwiches with American cheese all the time. Love 'em. The grilled cheese I had from the deli on the Horizon in March was....well, I don't know what it was, other than it was terrible.

57 minutes ago, tattoos said:

cruisinpsychRN:  He toasted the hot dog roll on the panini press.  The toppings were in covered hot bins to the right of the Deli.  After he gave me my hot dogs, I stepped to the right and there they were.  I uncovered chili and sauerkraut...don't know what was in the other bins.  The mustard was in a container.  The only thing they didn't have that I like on hot dogs is sweet relish.  On my next cruise, I'm bringing some individual sweet relish packets.

I hope they still have hot dogs available when I cruise in October on the Breeze.

I agree with LIZE, the tuna salad is delicious.

Sometimes they have condiments around the corner on top of a cabinet.  Odd for sure.  I should have remembered the press. Thanks.

Pastrami on rye and then I stop at the salad station to put cole slaw and 1000 Island dressing on it (they don't have Russian dressing). Not quite NY deli standards, but it does it for me on the ship. Sometimes I get a pastrami reuben and add the dressing. Wish I had both of them right now!

16 hours ago, coevan said:

read the label, there is less than 50% cheese, it's labeled as a processed cheese product, look it up

the same can be said for those kraft cheese slices you buy in the package ..almost all mass market produce cheese is processed

15 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

What does the contents of American cheese have to do with what we think of the deli grilled cheese?

maybe you should read the posts, someone specifically asked me about the contents of American Cheese

1) Cubano Mixto

2) Reuben

3) Pastrami on Rye

4) Hot Dog.

Last cruise there was some sort of BBQ sandwich special which was excellent as well, just don't recall the exact name or description.  I might have had a few Mojitos before going to the Deli!

On 5/5/2020 at 1:18 PM, crusinpsychRN said:

A lousy grilled cheese is usually caused by using the wrong cheese. I've  used what I call block cheese--sharp cheddar in a block and it's good. American slices and it's gross.

I agree 100% - american "cheese" is gross.  It's definitely not real cheese.   Thats why my grilled cheese sandwiches are the REAL DEAL !  lol

and 

10 hours ago, shof515 said:

the same can be said for those kraft cheese slices you buy in the package ..almost all mass market produce cheese is processed

those "Kraft cheese slices" are also AMERICAN cheese...    but you are correct,  the "cheese" products you get in those individually wrapped slices is very processed "cheese" and isn't good at all. 

If I'm making a sandwich, I'm either getting deli sliced BLOCK cheese or I'm buying the blocks and slicing them myself.

I've never had a sandwich from the Deli on the ship - but I'm definitely going to try it on our next cruise!

does anyone know if the tuna salad has celery in it?  (celery ruins it, in my opinion... never been a fan!!)

• Like 1