Waiting for my May 23rd cruise to be cancelled...

Thanks all for your replies.

It leaves me quite concerned, as basically, not one person has actually successfully got there money back yet.

Im just hoping they are not going to delay it as long as possible to see if they go out of business first. Push for your money back as soon as possible because.... if they do go pop... you will be lucky to get a percentage of it back.

Would be sad sad times if these ships never sailed again 😞 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mashisback said:

Thanks all for your replies.

It leaves me quite concerned, as basically, not one person has actually successfully got there money back yet.

Im just hoping they are not going to delay it as long as possible to see if they go out of business first. Push for your money back as soon as possible because.... if they do go pop... you will be lucky to get a percentage of it back.

Would be sad sad times if these ships never sailed again 😞 

No, even when many ship sailings in past canceled due to Hurricanes people had wait 3-4 weeks get money back/FCC, this situation obviously busier

2 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Hope RCI would cancel May 17th Harmony this week???

I’ve been hoping my cruise on May 17th on liberty would still happen but yesterday the wife was told no more time off until June since she is a nurse practitioner.  Now it’s time to play the game do I cancel on my own and take the fcc to put towards a new cruise in the fall before prices go up or do I wait and hope for an extra 25% and the price increase is less than 25%.  Decisions decisions.  

5 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Now it’s time to play the game do I cancel on my own and take the fcc to put towards a new cruise in the fall before prices go up or do I wait and hope for an extra 25% and the price increase is less than 25%.

Neither, take the refund when they cancel your sailing. Wait till inside final payment to book/go on a cruise for the next 6+ months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Neither, take the refund when they cancel your sailing. Wait till inside final payment to book/go on a cruise for the next 6+ months.

And if they don’t cancel the cruise and the price goes up in the fall for the cruise we want to switch to?  

2 minutes ago, dominicr said:

And if they don’t cancel the cruise and the price goes up in the fall for the cruise we want to switch to?  

You can cancel till 3 days out - if RCI cancels the sailing, it will be way before that.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can cancel till 3 days out - if RCI cancels the sailing, it will be way before that.

Yeah I did see that.  But what do I do then if I wait to cancel and the price of the cruise we want to switch to on September 27th goes up in price?  

4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Yeah I did see that.  But what do I do then if I wait to cancel and the price of the cruise we want to switch to on September 27th goes up in price?  

You can put a hold on a cruise with no deposit due until May 31

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, dominicr said:

But what do I do then if I wait to cancel and the price of the cruise we want to switch to on September 27th goes up in price?  

There's little chance of that, but that's a risk most would take. Again, I would not book anything outside of final payment.

Edited by Biker19

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can put a hold on a cruise with no deposit due until May 31

I didn’t know that.  Guess that’s more proof our travel agent doesn’t fully know what they are doing.  I was told by them yesterday it’s held until Friday and that’s when payment would be due.

4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I didn’t know that.  Guess that’s more proof our travel agent doesn’t fully know what they are doing.  I was told by them yesterday it’s held until Friday and that’s when payment would be due.

That was big news sent to agents last week. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Why would you book a cruise that will definitely be cancelled?

who says it will get canceled?  I will stay optimistic until I get a call saying it is canceled.  If that happens, will just take another 125% FCC an apply it to another cruise.   Will it get canceled, maybe.  But right now I am going to hope we get to go and hold good thoughts until I am notified otherwise.  

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was big news sent to agents last week. 

Just got off the phone with my agent and she didn’t know anything about this.  Said she was calling royal now to ask about it.  Told her we want to hold the suite we priced out yesterday on harmony is September until royal makes up their mind on May cruises then if they sail in May do the 100% fcc and if they cancel take the 125% and put it towards a sept cruise.  Let’s see if she messes this up.  

• 2 weeks later...

So its 1 month today that apparently RC will be back setting sail..

With that said, are we assuming it will be today/tomorrow that they announce the next month of being closures? 

If my 23rd may cruise goes ahead..im going to be caught off guard... i stopped my pre getaway diet for starters 🤣 

Havent been able to get any holiday clothes... just would be not prepared at all!

18 minutes ago, mashisback said:

If my 23rd may cruise goes ahead..im going to be caught off guard... i stopped my pre getaway diet for starters 🤣

I believe your husband has a better chance of getting pregnant than you do of going on a cruise on May 23rd.

• Like 1