Cruise with Confidence extended

30 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

FCC still has to be used by end of 2021. I think that’s very unfair. Prices for 2021 are already sky high. This will push them up further as people try to use up the FCC.

Of course. They know what they're doing. 

• Like 2

Royal needs cash, and their boats likely aren't going to be sailing at capacity any time soon.  It's really a win/win for them to offer this.  No skin off their backs if they have to give FCCs as long as they have the cash up front.  I'm sure these extensions will continue for quite a while.

Edited by firefox247

I was also surprised to see this as we don't sail until 8/29 Symphony.

We got such a great price on this sailing way before this Covid-19 mess. I am afraid to see it get pushed to next summer 😞

Can someone help explain this to me? We are booked in star class which is a non-refundable deposit. However, I have made some payments towards the cruise as well over the past few months. If we decide to cancel, will I get everything back over and above  the deposit we have paid? And can we apply the $1000 FCC towards our already booked cruise in March 2021?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Can someone help explain this to me? We are booked in star class which is a non-refundable deposit. However, I have made some payments towards the cruise as well over the past few months. If we decide to cancel, will I get everything back over and above  the deposit we have paid? And can we apply the $1000 FCC towards our already booked cruise in March 2021?

Thanks!

Yes, any extra payments you made would be refunded to the original form of payment. 

As as long as the cruise is  before Sept 1 then the full deposit amount can be moved to another sailing. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, any extra payments you made would be refunded to the original form of payment. 

As as long as the cruise is  before Sept 1 then the full deposit amount can be moved to another sailing. 

Thank you so much for the clarification. We are on an August 23rd Harmony sailing and I am trying to decide if we should just roll the dice and see if the cruiseline cancels and we get a full refund or if I just go ahead and cancel and apply the deposit to my March cabin. We have some time to decide I guess. 

Just now, Hammergirl said:

Thank you so much for the clarification. We are on an August 23rd Harmony sailing and I am trying to decide if we should just roll the dice and see if the cruiseline cancels and we get a full refund or if I just go ahead and cancel and apply the deposit to my March cabin. We have some time to decide I guess. 

You have about another 7 weeks or so until your final payment...lots of time. 

So how does this work?  I have a cruise booked out of Amsterdam on Brilliance this summer.

I'm thinkg that If I cancel now - I get a FCC?

Do I have to wait till they cancel the cruise to get my deposit refunded?

When would they cancel this? I guessing soon because if the TA over to Amsterdam doesn't happen then my cruise is in effect cancelled.  

Just now, livylotte said:

So how does this work?  I have a cruise booked out of Amsterdam on Brilliance this summer.

When would they cancel this? I guessing soon because if the TA over to Amsterdam doesn't happen then my cruise is in effect cancelled.  

If you cancel now you will get a FCC for 100% of your deposit. (Sailings before Sept 1) 

In order to get a cash refund Royal has to cancel the cruise. 

Thanks Ourusualbeach.  I thought that would be the case.  Only paid deposit so far - final payment isn't due till June 13th.  At this point I'd rather have a refund so will hold out for them to cancel it.  I really can't see any of the TA's coming over to Europe this year.  We got this cruise for a really good price and current price for a similar itinerary in 2021 is too high.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, livylotte said:

The May 2 Brilliance Transatlantic to Amsterdam (which we were on) was cancelled on March 24th - along with other cruises through May 11th. It was the last of the scheduled spring Transatlantic cruises, and all were cancelled, except Allure's.

Edited by NancyIL

26 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

The May 2 Brilliance Transatlantic to Amsterdam (which we were on) was cancelled on March 24th - along with other cruises through May 11th. It was the last of the scheduled spring Transatlantic cruises, and all were cancelled, except Allure's.

Thank you NancyIL.  I'm sorry you lost your cruise 😞

I didn't know they cancelled the TA, I've not been on here for a while - I actually think I had Corona but won't know that until these antibody tests come out.  A bit gutted because corner aft on deck 9 of Brilliance was my dream cabin on my dream ship sailing my dream itinerary (Norway & Iceland).

Edited by livylotte

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Prices for 2021 are already sky high. 

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

Royal needs cash

They know that an extremely large majority of consumers have zero patience .... just take a look at most every post here on CC. Almost everyone wants to rebook now with their FCC, "book now before it's too late, prices are going UP UP UP... ... AAAAAAAGH!!!!" 

I think you're going to find MEGA deals after final payment. Let everyone re-book cruises now at higher prices.

Once final payments happen and everyone else's FCC's are used up, you'll be there with yours to perhaps book at a deep discount compared to your fellow cruiser.

Did you book with NRD or with a refundable rate? If refundable rate, I personally would take the immediate refund.

9 hours ago, livylotte said:

I really can't see any of the TA's coming over to Europe this year. 

If RC are to restart cruises on all ships before the autumn, I think those ships would sail empty to Europe. They have ports booked and paying customers already booked. If they stay in the US they’d have a huge logistics exercise to create itineraries for the ships and would have to book in passengers as last minute sailings. Someone more knowledgeable than me may be able to say if there’s even enough port capacity to put extra ships into an area. 

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Ken 🌷.

We're booked on Explorer for September 27th, 2020. Wondering if Explorer will even arrive to Europe for the summer season....

We’re booked on Explorer in early September. If they don’t stumble upon an existing treatment or medication which works for the worst symptoms of the virus then I don’t expect that cruise to happen ☹️

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

We’re booked on Explorer in early September. If they don’t stumble upon an existing treatment or medication which works for the worst symptoms of the virus then I don’t expect that cruise to happen ☹️

New report today saying that China could resume cruising in a matter of weeks. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22699-chinese-cruise-industry-could-start-up-first.html

• Like 1