Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We were on our way to Maine from Florida and parked on top of the Port Authority Building and took the train to the Fair. We had our just potty trained little girl with us, so I visited every ladies’ room with her. 
Some of what we saw there wound up at Disney World and Disneyland. 
I vividly remember sitting on the curb eating Belgian Waffles covered with whipped cream and huge strawberries. 
That was a great treat!

Yes, It's A Small World was there!

35 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have happy memories of the fair also.  Spent one day only my dad and me.  Went many times with friends, we were 13 and had such good times.  I especially remember seeing the Pieta, so beautiful.

Yes, that was why the Pope went to visit the Vatican Pavilion...I believe all of the Vatican volunteers were invited to see the Pope that memorable day,  I was very happy for my Mom.  Years ago, while my Mom was in the Nursing Home, I found a statue of the Pieta in a shop in upstate NY and brought it back for her.  (I don't know what happened to the statue after she passed away at the age of 92)

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I remember the Belgian Waffles ,absolutely delicious.

It was probably the first time tasting them for many of us!

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In January of last year I was begging my wife and my doctors to put me in hospice.In April my best friend died from Covid and I was devastated.In August a cousin who I was very close with died and 2 months later another close friend.The people who post on this thread are wonderful.I enjoy so much having the opportunity to post to them.They lift my spirits every day.

Lenny, I'm so glad that we are here also.  ((Hugs))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Camel is a group that has been around since the 70’s.I never heard of them until a few weeks ago and really liked their sound.I happened to mention it to one of my daughters.

Ok, I think I found the Camel band.  They are in English band that formed in 1971.

42 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have happy memories of the fair also.  Spent one day only my dad and me.  Went many times with friends, we were 13 and had such good times.  I especially remember seeing the Pieta, so beautiful.

I only went that one day.I wish I would have gone more times .My parents went to the 1939 Worlds Fair .They bought something that opens up that 

shows what the country will look like in 2000.It is very accurate.It is still in the case that it came in.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, that was why the Pope went to visit the Vatican Pavilion...I believe all of the Vatican volunteers were invited to see the Pope that memorable day,  I was very happy for my Mom.  Years ago, while my Mom was in the Nursing Home, I found a statue of the Pieta in a shop in upstate NY and brought it back for her.  (I don't know what happened to the statue after she passed away at the age of 92)

It was probably the first time tasting them for many of us!

Lenny, I'm so glad that we are here also.  ((Hugs))

😀

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Another ride at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Carousel of Progress, was at the World’s Fair.  There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day.  It’s a great ride on a hot day.  Air conditioning, comfortable chairs and it’s a great 21 minute nap!

• Like 5

Owen had a ball game tonight against the second placed team. They won 6-1 against a team that trounced them last time. Watched an amazing sunset on the ride home and made back before dusk. 

I also just finished watching the first episode of the remake of Fantasy Island.  Not sure what to make of it compared to the original one.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Another ride at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Carousel of Progress, was at the World’s Fair.  There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day.  It’s a great ride on a hot day.  Air conditioning, comfortable chairs and it’s a great 21 minute nap!

Agree with all of this statement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We were on our way to Maine from Florida and parked on top of the Port Authority Building and took the train to the Fair. We had our just potty trained little girl with us, so I visited every ladies’ room with her. 
Some of what we saw there wound up at Disney World and Disneyland. 
I vividly remember sitting on the curb eating Belgian Waffles covered with whipped cream and huge strawberries. 
That was a great treat!

We lived in New Jersey at the time.  All I remember were the waffles and the ride "It's a Small World"  Those were very good waffles.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, George C said:

…Wife is addicted to Judge Judy and we both love jeopardy.

I haven’t seen her in a long time, but I used to watch her a lot. I like the no bs kind of judge. I tried some of the other judge shows and they were horrible.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am bed confined 21 hours a day and tend to watch too much TV.

Sorry to hear that. Hoping you are as comfortable as possible. 

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would say you were looking pretty cool. I remember having hair that long.

Mike used to have hair like that in collage, but now not so much. 😃

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We watched Below Deck Mediterranean tonight.

Same here. We have over 300 shows taped. Most of them will eventually get deleted. Never enough time.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Drinking at age 15?😇

I saw that too. 😁🍻

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I believe we have made the decision to go!! Now, we are deciding on our September 5th Oasis, we may move it to Anthem in January.  

So happy for you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thrill Water Park is free, along with parking at the port so that’s something.

That’s great if they are giving free parking.

In January of last year I was begging my wife and my doctors to put me in hospice.In April my best friend died from Covid and I was devastated.In August a cousin who I was very close with died and 2 months later another close friend.The people who post on this thread are wonderful.I enjoy so much having the opportunity to post to them.They lift my spirits every day.

Glad this forum/people lift your spirits. ❤️

I’m finally caught up. Now I need to do the same on a few others. If I missed anyone’s weddings, birthdays, or anything else I’m truly sorry. It wasn’t intentional.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

You may not remember being at the Worlds Fair but you were there.😀

There is one very grainy, faded B&W picture of my mom in front of one of the pavilions,  holding a bundle of rags.  I'm told that's me.

I've always said there were 3 great events that happened in the US in 1964:

Beatles came to America.

Ford released the Mustang.

Me! 😆😇  (j/k)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This year I decided to expand my garden by three 4’x8’ raised beds. To make one it takes three 2x12x8.  In early April the 3 boards were going to cost a little over $100.  I decided to make a couple of beds out of concrete block which cost a little less and will last much longer. Today I checked the cost of a 2x12x8 untreated, $12.92. Almost 1/3 the cost.

• Like 1

Any fans of Schitts Creek here?

I've been watching Annie Murphy (Alexis Rose - love her!!) on a show on AMC called Kevin can F Himself. I guess its considered a dark comedy about a wife fed up with her husband. Pretty much watched it because I like her and it started off a bit slow but I grew to enjoy it. The thing I really like about it is the way its filmed. Any scenes with her husband Kevin is filmed as your basic, stupid sitcom - bright lighting, typical sitcom living room set, lame jokes, fake laugh track, terrible acting. But when he leaves the room, it becomes a drama - dark, moody lighting, no laugh track although the jokes are actually funnier, serious overtones, etc. Very creative I think and not easy to switch roles from one-dimensional sit-com character to multi-layer drama character.

It's only 8 episodes so its worth checking out. Give it at least 3 episodes.

• Like 5

Lenny- I tried to post earlier but it went poof. Having some difficulties communicating on CC.

Being confined to bed must be very difficult for you,but you have the spirit to communicate with so many here on this thread. 

i have enjoyed your posts about music and groups that were a significant part of my younger days.

i especially liked your mention of going to American Bandstand on a school trip.

When I was about seven,I would watch the show and dance in our living room along with the teenagers on TV.

sometimes my older cousins would have a dance session and they would include me .I loved dancing the Stroll with them. Good times !

Goodnight ,Lenny.

I hope you are feeling safe and loved.

• Like 4

HBE4

We’ve found Schitts’ Creek on Netflix and we are getting a kick out of it !

Glad there are six seasons of it.

We also watch Arrested Development on Amazon and Mrs.Brown on Britbox.

Need some laughs these days.

I am watching the Durrell’s on Corfu ,I think it is on Amazon. It was a show on PBS Masterpiece Theater. Didn’t get into then,but I am enjoying it now- DH ,not so much.

Waiting for The Crown and Mrs.Maisel to return.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Expo in Montreal had wonderful waffles and whipped cream too.My wife and I were there in 1969,although the actual expo was 2 years earlier.

I'm glad this forum can help you Lenny.  I remember visiting the Montreal Expo site sometime in the early 70s.  I think it was called Man and His World at that point.  I was fascinated.  

• Like 1