Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Like you,Greg ,when Toby retired in 2008 from the hospital she was working in 27 years she had a wonderful party and a few days later we left for her dream vacation ,two weeks in Alaska.A 7 night land trip followed by a 7 night cruise.Our follow up cruise was also a dream cruise for her,Central America including the Panama Canal.

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip and a wonderful way to celebrate new chapter in life🤩

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip and a wonderful way to celebrate new chapter in life🤩

For the Panama Canal trip we made plans to have 2 other couples join us .One couple ,the wife and Toby were friends since they were 12 .The other couple and I met our first day in college ,became instant friends and never had a break in our friendship.Even though we spent a lot of time with them going to the theater,movies,concerts,etc we never cruised with them.

The two other couples knew each other .That made the cruise so much enjoyable

On the cruise we met and became friends with a couple.The wife told us that she posts on a board called CC and suggested that we check it out when we get home.I did and joined.She still posts on CC but they cruise exclusively on HAL.

• Like 6

A bit cloudy and currently 59 degrees with a high of 63 expected.     

I did my food shopping yesterday at Shoprite and happy to say their shelves were well stocked.    I was able to get everything on my list plus more.     Didn't like the total when I got to the cashier over $250 but we needed everything since we cleaned out fridge before we left for LBI beginning of October.      Last night I made homemade alfredo sauce with colossal shrimp and broccoli over fettucine.     

Today I am making beef stew in the crockpot.

I went to start my "winter" car as I always put my convertible in the garage for winter (usually by Thanksgiving) and since I hadn't driven that car since May or June it didn't start.    I do start it every week and last month took it for a ride around the neighborhood but I guess sitting for the month of October and the chilly weather is a sign to get a new battery.     Going to pick up one today as the car is scheduled for annual inspection tomorrow.     

Eric got his pfizer booster shot.   All went well, overall he feels okay other than he had no appetite for breakfast but he did have a lot of pasta last night then some cheesecake for desert.

I go for my annual physical on Wednesday and will get my flu shot while there.    

going out to trim my holly bush next. 

have a great day everyone       

Happy Halloween:classic_ninja:

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A few days prior my boss and I returned from a business trip.Everything was enjoyable.Every Friday he invited an employee to join him for breakfast .My secretary came into my office and said “John wants to see you in his office”.I assumed it was for breakfast .When I entered his office he handed me an envelope and said that for economic reasons I was being  terminated.I nearly fainted when he said that.He was only working there 2 years .After I left his office I went back to mine and people working near my office saw the look on my face and asked what happened.They could not believe it when I told them.Everyone was shocked.

December will be 25 years .

I am not surprised you were shocked Lenny as that was totally unexpected especially after you and your boss had just come back from a business trip.

Graham.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A few days prior my boss and I returned from a business trip.Everything was enjoyable.Every Friday he invited an employee to join him for breakfast .My secretary came into my office and said “John wants to see you in his office”.I assumed it was for breakfast .When I entered his office he handed me an envelope and said that for economic reasons I was being  terminated.I nearly fainted when he said that.He was only working there 2 years .After I left his office I went back to mine and people working near my office saw the look on my face and asked what happened.They could not believe it when I told them.Everyone was shocked.

Lenny, That is unbelievable to be let go in December. Brings a whole new meaning to the word "Scrooge". I have a different name for your old boss but out of respect for everyone here on the boards, I won't say it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Re memories.When I was 13 I began keeping a journal of every thing I could remember and continued with the journal till I was 35.

I read it about once a year and read a good portion of it to my grandkids.I also have my Elementary school yearbook.

The best baby gift we ever got for our daughter was from my bestie 3rd grade friend, a book called "The Parents Book". Unlike traditional baby books (which I had anyway) that chronicles baby's first step, first word, growth, etc., this Parent Book chronicles parents lives.  So, in it, our daughter can read all about our lives, what we loved to do as youngsters, fave songs, hobbies, school stuff, when and where her dad and I met, our favorite dates, our engagement, our hopes, dreams, our experiences of being new parents, our pride in even her smallest accomplishments, etc.  Pictures included!  I gave it to her years ago and hope she has it in a special place in her home.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Alaska and Panama Canal are on our bucket list.

These are definitely 2 "Not To Miss" places to go. The beauty of Alaska was something to behold. Absolutely gorgeous landscapes and scenery.

When the time comes for the Panama Canal, be sure to do a "Full Transit" going through the original Locks. To be able to understand what was accomplished over 100 years ago with the equipment of that time period is something that has to be seen to be believed.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, George C said:

Gracie brother Joebob image.thumb.jpeg.53ae574e2d6da3dbdcbf76dca0543cbd.jpeg

He is beautiful!

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, the Northern Lights are supposed to be visible tonight in NYC to Portland Oregon. In fact, as far south as Raleigh, NC could see some on the horizon. 

Now if only the damn clouds get out of the way!

We had pouring rain here last night!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

FB_IMG_1635685591861.thumb.jpg.1ba2827895ea2b6d34596ff5f7643afb.jpg

Aw, c'mon, now!!  Too cute!

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Big Brother Rocco has been won over by Samantha.  She spent part of the morning playing with him.  Now it is time to find a place to nap.

1904053289_Roccosamantha.thumb.jpeg.fd327ed7e5fbadff232532a363801094.jpeg

Rocco looks like a wonderful big brother!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Happy Halloween everyone!!   

image.jpeg.c69ac360c21c7986812fe929e74db241.jpeg     

Too funny!!

There are 1560 people living in our condo development .Hundreds of them are kids but on Halloween not that many come to our door or any other house.We wind up having to eat most of the candy every year.

We were at our Condo for Halloween two years ago.  I bought bags of candy, but had to eat it all myself.  Not one child!!!  There aren't many children in our community, but there are some!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am not surprised you were shocked Lenny as that was totally unexpected especially after you and your boss had just come back from a business trip.

Graham.

Horrible!

31 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Lenny, That is unbelievable to be let go in December. Brings a whole new meaning to the word "Scrooge". I have a different name for your old boss but out of respect for everyone here on the boards, I won't say it. 

Indeed!

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

.  Pictures included!  I gave it to her years ago and hope she has it in a special place in her home.

I'm sure she does have it in a special place, Bonnie.  ❤️

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Yes,one of the employees was so angry that she was in the building lobby with a sign reading “Lenny was unfairly fired”.She tried to get people to resign in protest.Another person called me and I called the woman and told her that I appreciated what she was doing but I do not want anyone to resign.They all had families.She promised me that she would not do this again but the next day it was the same thing.It went on for a week until she stopped but she quit the following week.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The best baby gift we ever got for our daughter was from my bestie 3rd grade friend, a book called "The Parents Book". Unlike traditional baby books (which I had anyway) that chronicles baby's first step, first word, growth, etc., this Parent Book chronicles parents lives.  So, in it, our daughter can read all about our lives, what we loved to do as youngsters, fave songs, hobbies, school stuff, when and where her dad and I met, our favorite dates, our engagement, our hopes, dreams, our experiences of being new parents, our pride in even her smallest accomplishments, etc.  Pictures included!  I gave it to her years ago and hope she has it in a special place in her home.

We have something similiar.A book for each of our daughters that they write about things from grade 1 to 6 and there is a section for the parents to write about their own experiences.Pictures included.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

These are definitely 2 "Not To Miss" places to go. The beauty of Alaska was something to behold. Absolutely gorgeous landscapes and scenery.

When the time comes for the Panama Canal, be sure to do a "Full Transit" going through the original Locks. To be able to understand what was accomplished over 100 years ago with the equipment of that time period is something that has to be seen to be believed.  

We did a partial transit,big mistake.I find it amazing that the 3 major NYC bridges were constructed so very long ago .

• Like 2

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!🎃🎃🎃

Twenty years ago today, Jim and I became Nana and Pop, when our oldest daughter and son-in-law delivered our very first grandchild, Erin Elizabeth!  I had been in NYC for the day on October 30th, and after I got home, my son-in-law called to say our daughter was in Labor.  They lived in Scituate Harbor at the time.  Jim and I quickly got into the car and drove about 5 and a half hours to the hospital.  We were allowed up to the delivery floor and waited for an update.  We were told our granddaughter (we did not know if we were going to have a granddaughter or a grandson!) had arrived and would we like to go in and see her.  In the delivery room??  OMG, we went into the room and our son-in-law asked if I would like to hold Erin.  I get goosebumps whenever I think of that moment.  As I held our baby pumpkin Erin, she looked up at me...sigh..❤️

Five years ago today, we moved into our home in New Jersey!  Great move on our part.😉

Later today, we will be across the street where our neighbors invited us to sit around their firepit  and hand out candy while enjoying cocktails with them.

Enjoy your day, my friends!  Happy Halloween, once again!🎃

Maryann

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

My sentiments exactly!

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Five years ago today, we moved into our home in New Jersey!  Great move on our part.😉

Later today, we will be across the street where our neighbors invited us to sit around their firepit  and hand out candy while enjoying cocktails with them.

Maryann

Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I used to do a big halloween display light show that I think I've posted in the past. I quite doing it after my back and knees couldn't do all the work.

When we first had the house built, most of our neighbors would gather on my driveway and enjoy the show while handing  out candy with our little fire pit and some really good cocktails. Now all of our kids are grown so we don't do it anymore. Kind of sad. I miss those days.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Twenty years ago today, Jim and I became Nana and Pop, when our oldest daughter and son-in-law delivered our very first grandchild, Erin Elizabeth!  I had been in NYC for the day on October 30th, and after I got home, my son-in-law called to say our daughter was in Labor.  They lived in Scituate Harbor at the time.  Jim and I quickly got into the car and drove about 5 and a half hours to the hospital.  We were allowed up to the delivery floor and waited for an update.  We were told our granddaughter (we did not know if we were going to have a granddaughter or a grandson!) had arrived and would we like to go in and see her.  In the delivery room??  OMG, we went into the room and our son-in-law asked if I would like to hold Erin.  I get goosebumps whenever I think of that moment.  As I held our baby pumpkin Erin, she looked up at me...sigh..❤️

Maryann

Happy Halloween to you and family,Maryann.

My 4 legged grandson,Porter is in a Manhattan park now celebrating with his dog friends.

My 4 legged grand puppy,Beuk will be going door to door with his sister Mallory later today.

• Like 1

When I retired 13 years ago, they didn't make a big deal about it, everyone knew I would be back as a contractor. My retirement package package included one weeks wage for each year worked, and I had been there for 43 years. Part of the deal was I technically  was still working, so I had to wait for 43 weeks before I could come back.

So, we did our first B2B cruise, my first on RCI, but as a D since we had been cruising  on Celebrity, and we were Elite. That cruise was an Easter Med cruise, and a TA to MIA.

I did end up doing contract work for 6 more years, until that dried up.

In the end, things had changed, and it really wasn't as much fun as before.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My sentiments exactly!

Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I used to do a big halloween display light show that I think I've posted in the past. I quite doing it after my back and knees couldn't do all the work.

When we first had the house built, most of our neighbors would gather on my driveway and enjoy the show while handing  out candy with our little fire pit and some really good cocktails. Now all of our kids are grown so we don't do it anymore. Kind of sad. I miss those days.

In our relatively small town hundreds of home owners decorate the outside of their homes for Halloween.They start way before October.When we get closer to your favorite holiday I will post something that you can Google and view on you tube that is truly amazing.A display by a politician in the area where my kids grew up that is still going on today.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann

Happy Birthday Erin Elizabeth!  What a wonderful story.  I hope all your future Halloweens will be equally fabulous and meaningful.

• Like 2

I hope you know about it when your boss gets his termination notice. 
Companies don’t have to be heartless. They can be just as successful treating employees as team members and not blindsiding them. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Halloween to you and family,Maryann.

My 4 legged grandson,Porter is in a Manhattan park now celebrating with his dog friends.

My 4 legged grand puppy,Beuk will be going door to door with his sister Mallory later today.

It’s so wonderful that Mallory can go back to just being a kid!!!

• Like 5