Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, mets07 said:

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

View of the Manhattan skyline as we road trip to FL for the 3rd time in 6 months. Wish we were headed to the port in Bayonne 😉!

We really needed a happy note and a road trip picture today 🙏, THANKS

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Very sorry about Maggie ☹️

My thoughts as well.   It's so very hard to lose our fur babies, and is so sad to see them suffer before the end.  

I still grieve the loss of my girls more than two years later...both to the demon cancer.  😢

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We've been to the vet twice in the last 5 days. He doesn't think she is going down yet but she is not eating, very lethargic and her eyesight is going. The other night she tried to go down the stairs and fell. It's a miracle that she did not break any bones. Tonight while watching tv she just laid in my lap clinging to me. She usually lays next to me but not on me. It's sad. Luckily our dog/house sitter has watched her before. She is good. I have to prepare myself that she could go downhill while we are on our cruise. I can't stand to see any animal not their regular happy self.  Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it.

These are times when you know how much you love a pet. When it makes your heart hurt knowing they’re slipping away. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to the bride and groom and your whole family.

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Stunning setting for the reception!  Wow.

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely setting and congratulations to your younger son and his bride. Graham.

+4 , exquisite flower arrangements 💐

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Today the biopsies came back -- my wife has invasive ductal carcinoma (a fancy term for breast cancer). We will have to cancel the transatlantic cruise we booked for later this month.

Three years ago, I was diagnosed with advanced metastatic melanoma in my neck. We had to cancel a European trip that was supposed to begin the day after my surgery.

Stuff happens, unfortunately, doesn't it?

Life getting in the way of life. 
I hope your wife gets exactly the right course of treatments to make her whole again. Next year a transatlantic cruise will be closer to normal than they are today. 
🙏🙏🙏

• Like 3

All packed (weird packing only cold weather clothes) for our early flight tomorrow morning to Spokane Washington.  Three hour drive in the rental SUV to Lake Chelan.  A week of enjoying the area wines, without the crowds, being off season.  

Will be enjoying nights at the condo with the fire going and enjoying some interesting Syrahs we will pick up during our winery tours.  😉  

Bucky packed his massive polar bear type coat (I think he over did it, but I am not going to tell him that.  He would use it against me if he froze by not taking it!  😄 ).     Me, I am more into the Alaska version of "layering".   Comical watching him try to close his suitcase.  😉 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

Congratulations to the whole family.  Stunning and elegant venue for a wedding.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

Fabulous setting for a reception!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

All packed (weird packing only cold weather clothes) for our early flight tomorrow morning to Spokane Washington.  Three hour drive in the rental SUV to Lake Chelan.  A week of enjoying the area wines, without the crowds, being off season.  

Will be enjoying nights at the condo with the fire going and enjoying some interesting Syrahs we will pick up during our winery tours.  😉  

Bucky packed his massive polar bear type coat (I think he over did it, but I am not going to tell him that.  He would use it against me if he froze by not taking it!  😄 ).     Me, I am more into the Alaska version of "layering".   Comical watching him try to close his suitcase.  😉 

better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 47°F and has just stopped raining.

We are having a lazy day at home.

This was my breakfast earlier.

Graham

IMG_20211103_123225.jpg

Looks like a great breakfast.  Good wifey.

You guys seem to eat a lot of beans.

Just saying

• Thanks 1

@mets07

I must say your new daughter in law as excellent classy taste.

That setting is AWESOME.

Looks like they had a dream wedding reception and I am sure everything else was perfect.

I wish them the best of happiness as they start their lives as a married couple.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

When it makes your heart hurt knowing they’re slipping away. 

I was thinking this just last night.  I'm been having a tough time dealing with the fact that my sweet dog's body (liver and back) is failing him.  I need a new dog sitter and although he is no problem I worry about leaving him with someone new.  He thinks he is a pup and could easily get hurt or paralyzed if given the chance to jump on any furniture.

@Sea DogI'm glad you have someone you trust to care for Maggie.  A good sitter is worth their weight in gold!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

He definitely has it.   Bulging suitcase and all.  😉 

Me...would just give me an excuse to shop if I didn't have it and needed it.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I was thinking this just last night.  I'm been having a tough time dealing with the fact that my sweet dog's body (liver and back) is failing him.  I need a new dog sitter and although he is no problem I worry about leaving him with someone new.  He thinks he is a pup and could easily get hurt or paralyzed if given the chance to jump on any furniture.

@Sea DogI'm glad you have someone you trust to care for Maggie.  A good sitter is worth their weight in gold!

Unfortunately things might be changing. We are taking Maggie to the vet now. Things are not good.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Unfortunately things might be changing. We are taking Maggie to the vet now. Things are not good.

I am so sorry.  I still have nightmares about my last Vet visit with my sweet Katie.  There never seems to be a time that is too late...or too early to do the right thing.  It is just a tough decision.  

My heart goes out to you.  It's a tough trip for sure.  

• Like 6

@DaveSJ711 More thoughts and prayers for your wife.  The cruise will happen, just not this year.

A similar situation happened with my in-laws with their cruise to Alaska.  Both times my MIL was diagnosed right before each trip but they made it, just took a few years!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@mets07

I must say your new daughter in law as excellent classy taste.

That setting is AWESOME.

Looks like they had a dream wedding reception and I am sure everything else was perfect.

I wish them the best of happiness as they start their lives as a married couple.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you, @Lionesss 

She does have exquisite taste and detailed planning skills - ha. They wanted a non-stop party and orchestrated the Reception to keep the fun and dancing going.  The after-party was just off the main room and kept the party going another 90 minutes. 

• Like 3

mets07

Congratulations and good wishes to the newlyweds!

Was the reception at Oheka Castle?

I have been to several luncheons there. 

The grounds certainly accommodate lovely photo ops especially with the LI Sound  in the background. 

The photos will be fabulous !