Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

Checking in…

I hate sounding negative on here so don’t mean this to be this way…it’s just been my week.

17 year old teenage girl drama (enough said on that one)

I was brushing my teeth Tuesday night and a filling came out. Went to the dentist Thursday and he couldn’t salvage the tooth. Had oral surgery yesterday to remove it and one other so Ive been a painful mess. I also had bone grafting done to start an implant process.

today I made the trip up to Denver (on meds) to see my mom for the first time since Labor Day and post her being home from the hospital. She’s doing well. I made her some Medical Medium brain fog recipes to keep in her fridge for the week and took her some essential oils that are supposed to help with it 🤷‍♀️ She’s had a hard time focusing and multi tasking, she says.

anyway, tonight was the Yellowstone premiere and THAT was epic. Can’t wait for next week. So many questions.

hope everyone has a great week!

Been there done that with teenaged girl drama.  That's a really tough age for girls.  They are sooo much better in their twenties.  Sorry to hear about your tooth problem.  I had one removed in the lower back right of my mouth and decided not to bother with a replacement.  It wasn't visible and after a little while, I got used to the empty space there.  Not a fun process at all.

But the important part of your post is Yellowstone.  Definitely did not disappoint.  There's going to be some serious...stuff...going down in the next few episodes.  I like the addition of little Rip.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was surprised that he asked that question but there are people who are not aware that there are fitness centers on ships.My first cruise was in 1973 and gyms on ships did not exist then.Had that been the only cruise I was on I might not have realized that there are fitness centers currently.

I've still never used a ship fitness center.  I used to at least walk into them and take a look to see what was there.  Now, I don't even bother with that.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What I don’t like is it wants to turn the car of at stop lights.  There is a button to push to turn it off but we don’t always remember when we first start it.

My wife hates that feature of her Outback. Yesterday was a bad day , Bills lost and I had no luck at my poker game 😢😢

• Like 3

@jagsfan @George C  I was hoping to be able to add an upbeat post, with lots of pictures, about watching the Bills beat the Jags in person yesterday.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  I went to the game with a bunch of local Bills fans, and joined what must have been at least 20,000 other Bills Mafia.  Tailgating was crazy with Bills jerseys and flags flying everywhere.  I'd guess that 90% of our entire section of the stadium was Bills fans.  We were loud and proud before the game with "Let's Go Buffalo" shouts happening everywhere.

Unfortunately, it was a dud of a game with the Bills losing 9-6 (it even hurts to type that).  The Jags defense played great.  I can't recall them missing a single tackle.  Bills offense never adjusted to what the Jags were doing.  I think the egos of the Bill's coaches got in the way, thinking that if they just keep doing what they were doing, the Bill's superior talent would win out.  Never happened.  3 Turnovers and more than 118 yards in Bills penalties (often at critical times) didn't help.  Sigh.  The life of a Bills fan...even when they are good.

Jacksonville being a military area, they did a good job of recognizing the local military members and family throughout the game.  It started with a flyover of four F-15s from the local Air National Guard right after the National Anthem.  They were low and LOUD.  At one point, they had the family of a father who was stationed overseas being recognized in the end zone.  They played a video of the father from where he was stationed on the big scoreboard.  They then surprised the family with the father being there in person.  I love those surprise reunions.  Pure joy for everyone involved. 

• Like 6

@singinalot

Sorry about your tooth troubles, hope it all gets better.

Starting my journey for bone grafting and implants on back right lower teeth in February.

Did a major mess up with broken dead teeth, and had to wait till area heals.

(I wonder if chewing all that ice as a teenager did me in).

Oh it gets better.

So today when I get up I take my pills, have a cup of coffee, (coffee maker, not a K cup) and sit down and check my mail on my phone.

Well. the time change did me in.

Instead of deleting "ads" in my inbox, I deleted the whole "INBOX'.

So I did what any techno illiterate person would do (There has to be someone else out there but me).

Went to SETTINGS.

Went to MAIL

Nothing about resetting INBOX

So I did what any blonde would do (I can only use that excuse one more month, new color for New year).

I texted the DH and told him what I did.

He goes he his busy now, but when he has a chance will look at it on his phone.

He goes do not worry, it happens.  (That's what he says to me but in reality he is thinking.......)

"Oh God, what did she do now, she was only up not 10 min and she managed to yet screw up her phone".

The last time I managed to do something abnormal with my smart phone, he said he was getting rid of this phone and getting me a "trak" phone.

Getting back to no INBOX:

I told him no problem  I can check on the computer.

And if you cannot fix it I will go to the AT & T store and ask them.  Besides I know most of the workers in Niles Ohio on a first name basis (Yup we won't go there, let us just say this is not the first time the phone misbehave, of course it would never be me).

Well, not wanting to be out done, he said he would take care of it and he will, eventually, may take him all evening when he gets it back, but he should, and if not Off to AT&T tomorrow.

Today is beautiful outside.

Bright sun, all those pretty colored leaves, on his lawn.

Yup. more work for RICKY.

OK gotta go make the shopping list.

Take care.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What I don’t like is it wants to turn the car of at stop lights.  There is a button to push to turn it off but we don’t always remember when we first start it.

I've had that in my last 2 cars.  Two cars ago, I got used to pushing the button to turn it off as part of my routine when getting in the car.  For my current car, I leave it on.  I'm now used to it and actually like it.  The engine always starts instantly when I touch the gas and it definitely gives my a couple extra MPG.  If I'm going to be stopped for more than just a couple of seconds, I'll also enable the brake hold feature which keeps the brake on without pressing on the brake pedal (this also disengages when I touch the gas).  I can sit comfortably at a stop light with the brakes on and the engine off and when it's time to go, just press the gas pedal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@jagsfan @George C  I was hoping to be able to add an upbeat post, with lots of pictures, about watching the Bills beat the Jags in person yesterday.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  I went to the game with a bunch of local Bills fans, and joined what must have been at least 20,000 other Bills Mafia.  Tailgating was crazy with Bills jerseys and flags flying everywhere.  I'd guess that 90% of our entire section of the stadium was Bills fans.  We were loud and proud before the game with "Let's Go Buffalo" shouts happening everywhere.

Unfortunately, it was a dud of a game with the Bills losing 9-6 (it even hurts to type that).  The Jags defense played great.  I can't recall them missing a single tackle.  Bills offense never adjusted to what the Jags were doing.  I think the egos of the Bill's coaches got in the way, thinking that if they just keep doing what they were doing, the Bill's superior talent would win out.  Never happened.  3 Turnovers and more than 118 yards in Bills penalties (often at critical times) didn't help.  Sigh.  The life of a Bills fan...even when they are good.

Jacksonville being a military area, they did a good job of recognizing the local military members and family throughout the game.  It started with a flyover of four F-15s from the local Air National Guard right after the National Anthem.  They were low and LOUD.  At one point, they had the family of a father who was stationed overseas being recognized in the end zone.  They played a video of the father from where he was stationed on the big scoreboard.  They then surprised the family with the father being there in person.  I love those surprise reunions.  Pure joy for everyone involved. 

The reunions always make it a good  day, regardless of winning or losing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

In the pregame show on tv they talked about a new museum that will open next year in Arlington Texas honoring the Medal of Honor winners , I had a chance to listen to several a few years ago and shake there hands , they had amazing stories.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well. the time change did me in.

Instead of deleting "ads" in my inbox, I deleted the whole "INBOX'.

You should be fine.  There's a full version of your Inbox online so you won't lose anything.  As soon as you add it back to your phone, and the online version gets downloaded, you'll be good as new.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Checking in…

I hate sounding negative on here so don’t mean this to be this way…it’s just been my week.

So sorry about the tooth, and I really feel about the teenage drama, girls can be so vicious I have 2 daughters and went through it with both of them at different levels.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, jagsfan said:

I did my pre-op and COVID test today.

Be at the hospital at 8am. 
Expected 3 hour surgery at 10:10am. 

Anything that makes surgery safer is a good thing!

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers…I need them!

Mimi

Mimi,

Sending positive thoughts for tomorrow, from ALL of us here 🥰

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

Checking in…

I was brushing my teeth Tuesday night and a filling came out. Went to the dentist Thursday and he couldn’t salvage the tooth. Had oral surgery yesterday to remove it and one other so Ive been a painful mess. I also had bone grafting done to start an implant process.

today I made the trip up to Denver (on meds) to see my mom for the first time since Labor Day and post her being home from the hospital. She’s doing well. I made her some Medical Medium brain fog recipes to keep in her fridge for the week and took her some essential oils that are supposed to help with it 🤷‍♀️ She’s had a hard time focusing and multi tasking, she says.

anyway, tonight was the Yellowstone premiere and THAT was epic. Can’t wait for next week. So many questions.

hope everyone has a great week!

Sorry to hear about your tooth.

Prayers 🙏 and best wishes for both yourself and your mam.

Graham.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll also enable the brake hold feature which keeps the brake on without pressing on the brake pedal (this also disengages when I touch the gas).

Sharon loves this feature, especially in a drive through.  With Sharon driving almost every time,  it will be awhile before I learn it all.  I can see me driving and Sharon pushing buttons here soon.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I'm still fine with my '95 Riviera. 

NTOT = Riviera car ☹️

16 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I'm intrigued with EV, but the infrastructure (at least where I live) just isn't there yet. 

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My son has had a Tesla Model X for a couple years.  

Turns out the German government is promoting EV cars.

My cousin and her DH bought a Tesla Y for 62.000 Euro, and got a "cash-back" of 6.000 Euro from the government 😁

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Last night's sunset. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Palm trees in UK? 🙁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

NTOT = Riviera car ☹️

Turns out the German government is promoting EV cars.

My cousin and her DH bought a Tesla Y for 62.000 Euro, and got a "cash-back" of 6.000 Euro from the government 😁

Palm trees in UK? 🙁

Lunch yesterday.

Breakfast this morning with our Sarah and her best friend Mel.

Currently sunny and 78°F.

Graham.

IMG_20211107_145922.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sorry...not sure what you mean???  1995 buick riviera - coup. Final design for the car that GM came up with - discontinued around '99. 

Unknown.jpeg

NTOT

😁 Introducing Dani's "new thing of today" (NTOT - or "what I've learned today from this thread"....) 😁

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Breakfast this morning

Amazing! Just curious... Do you ever eat like...just a piece of toast or 5 oz. container of yogurt for breakfast???  Bowl of cereal?  No offense meant in any way - but I'm just astounded by your pictures of these cruise-ship-caliber breakfasts. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

ntroducing Dani's "new thing of today" (NTOT - or "what I've learned today from this thread"....) 😁

OK...lol!!!  Never thought about it...but...given where you live, I don't suppose too many GM cars made it over there!  Well, for one thing, it's a BIG car by today's standards at 207" long. My wife always kids me that wherever we go I have the biggest car on the lot. It'd never work to try and find parking places in most European countries I suspect. 

Here's more you might find interesting...  https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a35471836/1995-buick-riviera-by-the-numbers/   I still think it's one of the coolest looking cars to ever roll off the (at least american-made) line. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My son has had a Tesla Model X for a couple years.  

Not too familiar with the X, but I've looked at (not in person however) the Model S. The 3 is rather spartan inside. Weird how - with many of these - it's basically just a huge monitor on the dashboard. Wireless updating, so that you can wake up one morning and the car will have different features than the night before. That's a bit too much learning curve for this old dude. 

• Like 3