Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It really is frustrating, Debbie!  CVS (here) insists the appointment has to be made online when I stopped in the store to ask.

Here in New Jersey, we have a similar venue called the PNC Arts Center.  It used to be the Garden State Arts Center.  We saw Joe Cocker year ago, with seats under the pavilion near the stage, and another time we saw Rod Stewart while sitting on a blanket on the hill.  The skies opened up with lightening and pouring rain.  The show stopped until the lightening was over.  Then Rod took to the stage to continue.  His shows are amazing!  We've also seen him at Madison Square Garden.

Wow, Dani!  Stunning picture!

That looks amazing!!!!!

We have been there when it was the Garden State Arts Center.

We have a great music venue in LI,Jones Beach .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Can RCL mail a test to be done at home (or in a hotel) prior to the cruise? 

They have a link to purchase the proctored ones, they will accept, on their website. They recommend waiting until a couple weeks prior to the cruise to order them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

In San Juan this afternoon,  on Allure. cruise is going great. Passenger count is approximately 3200. Most people are following guidelines but there are exceptions as always. Food has been good. Had dinner at 150 it was excellent. Will try to catch up with thread later this week.

Cruising is back!!

IMG_20211116_135735499.jpg

I alway look forward to returning to San Juan and entering the channel by El Moro. Great picture.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Judy is 82 and lives in Manhattan .Many singers had hit records written by other people.

I was pretty sure she still lived in Manhattan. She is one of the few singers who I would actually like to meet and have a conversation with. When I was a teenager and in college I used to play and sing a lot of Judy Blue Eyes' music. Neil Diamond is another who's music I would play and I'd love a conversation with him also.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So a covid test / cruise-related question. In March (assuming covid testing will still be required), we are going out of Baltimore. If RCL requires a test two days before the cruise, how exactly is that accomplished if we're not home? We will be staying at the Inner harbor a few days before the cruise. I just hate the idea of all this hassle - was just reading someone's post on the Celebrity forum about preparing for an international cruise and trying to manage all the covid protocols for the various countries they will be visiting. I'm completely turned off by all of that. 

Maybe you could arrange shead of time to have a test at a pharmacy near where you will be staying? I agree, these hoops that have to be jumped through are a bit if a turn off. I would find them more tolerable if the hoops negated the need for masks aboard ship.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was pretty sure she still lived in Manhattan. She is one of the few singers who I would actually like to meet and have a conversation with. When I was a teenager and in college I used to play and sing a lot of Judy Blue Eyes' music. Neil Diamond is another who's music I would play and I'd love a conversation with him also.

My sister in law graduated HS with Neil Diamond.Jay Siegel of The Tokens and Neil Sedaka also graduated from the school when she was a student there.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

So a covid test / cruise-related question. In March (assuming covid testing will still be required), we are going out of Baltimore. If RCL requires a test two days before the cruise, how exactly is that accomplished if we're not home? We will be staying at the Inner harbor a few days before the cruise. I just hate the idea of all this hassle - was just reading someone's post on the Celebrity forum about preparing for an international cruise and trying to manage all the covid protocols for the various countries they will be visiting. I'm completely turned off by all of that. 

You can buy online thru emed or optum 2, 3 or 6 pack of the rapid proctored test that Royal accepts.  Takes about 15 minutes to do online directly with test Proctor.  Easy way to get done.

I would wait till February and see what's needed then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should try some of the music charter cruises that we take , constant music all day and night, great interviews and you get the chance to talk to artists and have them sign your albums. We are big fans of Judy and also Neil Diamond who we were lucky enough to see several times in concert. 

• Like 2

My contribution to last night's music conversation: I'd rather go to a Barry Manilow concert than Bob Dylan. Every day.  In fact, I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard with cats in heat as backup singers than listen Dylan. 

Just my personal preference. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My contribution to last night's music conversation: I'd rather go to a Barry Manilow concert than Bob Dylan. Every day.  In fact, I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard with cats in heat as backup singers than listen Dylan. 

Just my personal preference. 

Yes,opinion .However,to say Barry Manilow has more talent than Bob Dylan 

is like saying Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon .I guarantee you that if you had the opportunity to speak to Manilow he would tell you that Bob Dylan is a much better singer and song writer than he is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

is like saying Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon .I guarantee you that if you had the opportunity to speak to Manilow he would tell you that Bob Dylan is a much better singer and song writer than he is.

Maybe Manilow would be better if he spent more time practicing and less time with his plastic surgeon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 11/13/2021 at 10:41 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Are you saying someone placed a fake mouse in the elevator?  Was that you?

No, we found it in the elevator.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, A&L_Ont said:

It happened again today, but this time to Owen.   Boarding hit from behind. He is in emergency right now with Lisa, but getting his arm/hand X-rayed. He was on the ice for a good five minutes. …

I’m trying to catch up, but I hope Owen is ok. Contact sports can be very scary.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

No doubt, Dylan is a great song writer, especially for his time.  I do wonder if he was to come out in today's day & age, would his songs resonate??  As a singer,  well, that's like arguing who has better pizza.  I guess I just singers when you can understand the words. 

The Beatles are timeless.  As are many love songs. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

You should try some of the music charter cruises that we take , constant music all day and night, great interviews and you get the chance to talk to artists and have them sign your albums. We are big fans of Judy and also Neil Diamond who we were lucky enough to see several times in concert. 

Just trying to catch up here.  I would love to be on the 70's music charter cruise.  I know you've talked about those cruises before and mentioned all the artists that were on them.  Would love to be on a cruise with them.  

Was at a Styx concert a few years ago.  It was only with Dennis DeYoung, the group's co-founder, lead singer and keyboardist.  It was fantastic concert.  Fleetwood Mac concert a couple years ago was outstanding.  I love Neil Diamond and been to several of his concerts and it might be that he is getting up there in age but at the last concert, instead of singing his songs, he would just say the words.  And he talked a lot.  You kind of just wanted him to sing.

A song popped into my head yesterday by another classic group, Moody Blues- Question.  Profound lyrics. Another is Nights In White Satin. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Just trying to catch up here.  I would love to be on the 70's music charter cruise.  I know you've talked about those cruises before and mentioned all the artists that were on them.  Would love to be on a cruise with them.  

Was at a Styx concert a few years ago.  It was only with Dennis DeYoung, the group's co-founder, lead singer and keyboardist.  It was fantastic concert.  Fleetwood Mac concert a couple years ago was outstanding.  I love Neil Diamond and been to several of his concerts and it might be that he is getting up there in age but at the last concert, instead of singing his songs, he would just say the words.  And he talked a lot.  You kind of just wanted him to sing.

A song popped into my head yesterday by another classic group, Moody Blues- Question.  Profound lyrics. Another is Nights In White Satin. 

I always thought the Moody Blues were very underrated.  

Love Styx.  Dennis DeYoung had an album called "10 on Broadway". Yes, it's classic Broadway show tunes, sung brilliantly by a brilliant vocalist. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie made it to another birthday!CF763AB8-1CF9-4531-BE5B-87FD1EA4DA70.thumb.jpeg.ad32de44d77961a578c2230eaa4792dd.jpeg

Happy Birthday to Charlie.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:46 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to more concerts than anyone that I know.Primarily because I knew many singers.
A woman who had more songs written about her than probably any person on the planet had an online chat room 20 years ago where singers and musicians would post in real time. I was a good friend of hers and she invited me to join them.

Sometimes you only tell half the story. So who was she?

Okay. I have been properly chastised for my comment. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: And because I have to set up a new desktop that I purchased.(And not looking forward to it) I will ask: 

What was your first computer? And when did you get on the internet?

My dad was a Systems Analyst and used mainframes. When I was in college in the 70's, early 80's we used computers connected to the mainframes. 

Around 1984 I acquired an Osborne Executive computer with a modem and started accessing early bulletin boards. It may have been stolen from a freight container. My mom's boyfriend worked at a truck yard in Oakland, and people frequently ran by carrying merchandise. Adam Osborne was the Elizabeth Holmes of his time. 

But the Osborne worked great with large floppy discs and online text access to other people. Whole new world. :classic_smile:

In 1994 we purchased a Compaq computer. Netscape, 32k modem? And we could look at other people's vacation photos on the color monitor. We didn't know who they were, but it was amazing to see all of these things. We won a 56k modem playing "You Don't know Jack" trivia, online. Every Wednesday night. And it was the coolest thing ever. And because it was hooked up to the phone line...you could actually make phone calls through the computer. 

So what was your first computer? And what did you do when you first went online? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2