Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks just like Sorrento's. 😏

Sorrento's for me requires both that I've had enough alcohol, and that it's sometime after 9:00pm.  Even then, Cafe Promenade usually wins.

I was going to add needs to be past midnight.

I am four pages behind,  but I just wanted to share with all of you beautiful friends on here, that Ava Jude is on her way home, even as I am typing this!  She sounded tired when she talked to her mom just before boarding the plane, but excited to be coming home.  Her dear friend Bella's family took such wonderful care of her, and we are so very grateful for this.  My daughter said that everyone had arrived in the Dominican Republic last Friday, and four of the adults in their party came down with a stomach virus.  The rest of the group then became sick as the days went on;  Ava then became sick on Monday, but by Wednesday, she was rushed to the ER, where they admitted her.  Jim and I got home Thursday afternoon, but Melanie didn't tell us about Ava until she saw us in person yesterday, since she didn't want us to worry.

I sincerely thank you all for your concern and your many prayers.  I am truly Blessed to have you all in my life.❤️

Thank you all again!❤️

Maryann

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Looks amazing.😋

Thank you....your picture inspired me and thanks to you and Sue from England for telling me what it was. I looked up the recipe and picked the easiest one with 3 ingredients from BBC food. I enjoyed making it. And eating it!😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I am four pages behind,  but I just wanted to share with all of you beautiful friends on here, that Ava Jude is on her way home, even as I am typing this!  She sounded tired when she talked to her mom just before boarding the plane, but excited to be coming home.  Her dear friend Bella's family took such wonderful care of her, and we are so very grateful for this.  My daughter said that everyone had arrived in the Dominican Republic last Friday, and four of the adults in their party came down with a stomach virus.  The rest of the group then became sick as the days went on;  Ava then became sick on Monday, but by Wednesday, she was rushed to the ER, where they admitted her.  Jim and I got home Thursday afternoon, but Melanie didn't tell us about Ava until she saw us in person yesterday, since she didn't want us to worry.

I sincerely thank you all for your concern and your many prayers.  I am truly Blessed to have you all in my life.❤️

Thank you all again!❤️

Maryann

Wonderful news Maryann.

I'm pleased Ava Jude is well and on her way home.

Graham.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, I am so sorry about Ava.    I hope she is well enough to fly back home tomorrow.   I am sure she misses her Mother's care while she is sick.💕  and her Mom will be feel better when she is back home.        She is in our thoughts and prayers🙏

Thank you, Debbie❤️

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You have more prayers coming your way for Ava Jude's full recovery and safe trip back home.  To be 16 and in a foreign hospital feeling sick must be scary. Glad Bella's family has been with her constantly.  Oh those hugs Ava will be getting when she gets off that plane.

Sad in TX also.

Thank you, Bonnie❤️

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

How scary for her (and you!) to be hospitalized so far from home.  Thank goodness she has her best friend & caring people with her.  Prayers that she gets better & can fly home soon. 

Thank you, Deb❤️

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You never know the new recruit may not work out and they may come back to you.  Paris - envious.  Exciting that you move is getting closer.

+1  Like aussie said!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A guy who frequently posts on CC stating that Sorrento’s pizza is awful was on a cruise that I was on in 2019.The only place I ever saw him on the ship was at Sorrento’s and always with 2 slices on a plate.

Whenever I have been on a RCI cruise and in Sorrento’s it has always been crowded.

Perhaps that guy has to keep trying it again and again to see why he does not like it?😁LOL!

We like Sorrentos'. It may not be what everyone wants it to be and to everyone's standards, but for cruise ship pizza, we have liked it better than the pizza on other cruise lines. The Sorrento's on the Anthem is the best among most of Royal's ships...IMHO.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all again!❤️

Maryann

Very happy to hear that Ava is on her way home!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Perhaps that guy has to keep trying it again and again to see why he does not like it?😁LOL!

We like Sorrentos'. It may not be what everyone wants it to be and to everyone's standards, but for cruise ship pizza, we have liked it better than the pizza on other cruise lines. The Sorrento's on the Anthem is the best among most of Royal's ships...IMHO.

MSC has great pizza , of course that’s a Italian line, I always remember Princess being one of the best , rccl pizza is good only when there are no other options.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks just like Sorrento's. 😏

Sorrento's for me requires both that I've had enough alcohol, and that it's sometime after 9:00pm.  Even then, Cafe Promenade usually wins.

Have you ever been to an empty Sorrento’s ? I never have ,not even at 2 AM .I have eaten pizza all over the US and in my opinion the best pizza is in NYC .I grew up eating more pizza than any other food.

I have never had a Sorrento’s pizza that tasted bad.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Fortunately, there is nothing complicated about treating this. So though I appreciate your concern for your granddaughter don't worry that the treatment is occuring in the D.R. I am sure they can handle this just fine.

Thank you, OB!

BTW, your pictures of Central Park are beautiful!  I hope the weather gets better for you.

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Maryann, I hope your granddaughter is better and is able to fly home.  🙏 

We never stop worrying about kids and grandkids.

Thank you, Mark!  You're not kidding about how we will never stop worrying about our kids and grandkids!😉

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think I will like that over our hot tub, and it has some features that will give us some privacy from the neighbors.  My daughter graduated with the one neighbor, and she told her that they watch us in the hot tub.  So I guess we have to behave, at least until the project is finished 😏😳

Oy!!  Also, don't forget that sound carries, also!  My neighbors in our old neighborhood would talk loudly to each other while in the hot tub.

Enjoy your new gazebo, Mark!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George C said:

MSC has great pizza , of course that’s a Italian line, I always remember Princess being one of the best , rccl pizza is good only when there are no other options.

Now I beg to differ. I found MSC's pizza the most awful! Especially their charcoal pizza dough.

Princess was good too. I liked it on the Enchanted.

😁This just shows how everyone has different loves and hates where foods is concerned. It's all good among friends. Makes interesting conversations!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Once again we agree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I am not Italian but I worked for 25 years for a company in which 99% of the employees were Italian.We went out for pizza at least once a week.I never go to the Windjammer .I head for Sorrento’s for my lunch every sea day and back to Sorrento’s in the evening every day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all again!❤️

Maryann

Sooo thankful to hear.  Thanks for sharing.  Let us know when she makes it back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Now I beg to differ. I found MSC's pizza the most awful! Especially their charcoal pizza dough.

Princess was good too. I liked it on the Enchanted.

😁This just shows how everyone has different loves and hates where foods is concerned. It's all good among friends. Makes interesting conversations!

If we all liked the same things it would be a very dull world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

I have a group of friends who are Italian and only cruise on MSC .They will not touch the pizza on the ships they have been on.They have told me that it is awful

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all again!❤️

Maryann

Fantastic news!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It really is good.If the majority of cruisers do not like a product and voice their opinion it’s guaranteed that a cruise line is aware and they would make changes.

Bottom line, any food opinion is subjective. Enjoy what you like. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

I am so, so sorry, Sue and Rick.  Whether Carrie is euthenized, or dies in her sleep, either way will be so painful.  Belle died in her sleep, but Clyde and Scoutie had to be put to sleep.  It is a sad and tearful experience either way.  I am sorry.😢

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes they are and I found them rather mediocre last night. Well placed F bombs can be effective but when it is every other word the impact is lost.

Norah was great on our cruise.  We were in Port in Puerto Rico that day, and the hauser rope got sucked into the thruster while there, causing several hours delay, so Norah had a field day.  Amazing how quickly she had material ready on this subject!

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

All so hurtful for our daughter. Meanwhile,  she is experiencing pain in her chest on the right side. Her doc referred her for a mammogram then a sonogram. They didn’t find anything on the side that is painful however they found a lesion in the left breast . She has been awaiting an appointment for a biopsy.   Meanwhile, her dad is going to have knee surgery on May 5th.  Her life has been too , too traumatic. 

Judy, prayers that all goes well with your daughter's biopsy,  as well as your husband's knee surgery. 🙏 

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, there are gorgeous photos.  Thank you @aussielozzie18   Glad the weatherman was wrong and you have a nice sunny day.

@aussielozzie18photos are awesome!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not Italian but I worked for 25 years for a company in which 99% of the employees were Italian.We went out for pizza at least once a week.I never go to the Windjammer .I head for Sorrento’s for my lunch every sea day and back to Sorrento’s in the evening every day.

How many years or decades ago was that, I don’t recall pizza on my MSc cruise 20 years ago but on my MSc seaside cruise it was very good, best pizza I had was in Naples , not Naples Florida but Italy. You also see the Italian restaurant Olive Garden crowded but you would have to pay me to eat there . 

• Like 3