Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR GRANDSON🎂    4 yrs old is such a sweet precious age. 

Thank you. He was born with a very strong and stubborn personality. We're lucky that his older brother is very accommodating.

Is it Shavuot that you will be celebrating? Yes, it is. The actual holiday is on June 5.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Odd indeed. Not only that, but my reply to @NHProud was also locked down... First time it happened to me since I've joined CC ☹️

On a happier note, we have a Jewish holiday approaching, where the tradition is to eat lots of cheese.... Since our inlaws will be abroad [they got an offer to visit Normandy which they couldn't refuse 😉] and our "mutual" grandson was 4 years old today, we'll celebrate more than a week ahead, and I volunteered to bake.... surprise... a cheese cake. A new recipe.

So today I've baked "part 1", it has to "rest" at least a day in the fridge, and Friday morning I'll do the top.

Part 1 --

image.thumb.jpeg.af501f804cbfb689dbfc29a1fb72c5fa.jpeg

Happy 4th birthday to your grandson Dani 

birthday-wishes.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dani- I am thinking that you would like to get a gift for Captain Kate. If so, I have a suggestion. You mentioned that she has a statue of St Nicholas. I am Catholic and I was not aware that he is the patron saint of sailors.

So,I looked up some information about St Nicholas. Here it is:  

Many ports in Greece have his icons (statues,art pieces) displayed. In some ports,instead  of wishing one another good luck,sailors say “May St Nicholas hold the tiller.

With that in mind, Capt Kate May appreciate a medal of St Nicholas that she could wear on a chain around her neck,on a bracelet chain or keep it in her pocket.

I am not sure if such a medal would be found in the Christian sites near Haifa or if you could purchase one from an online religious jewelry store. 

Just a thought.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If you want get the NBC Peacock App and watch all the Below Deck Sailings from Below Deck, Below Deck Med, Below Deck Sailing and Below Deck Down Under with all their seasons. You could watch 24/7.

I watch reruns of BD while I exercise on the eliptical.

I forgot about the BD Down Under season.   I'll add to my list of things to watch.   

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks everyone for all your posts. I haven’t been online much as someone tried to hack me on this hotel network so staying off wifi and sleeping. Fever finally gone and breathing better so hope to get out of here as planned. 

@DaniDanielle I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to your family. 

@Luckynana sending prayers for baby Ginny. 

I'm glad to hear your breathing is better and your fever gone.  

So many people have been getting hacked a lot lately.   What a shame that people don't have anything better to do with their time.

Thank you for Ginny's prayers.

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

I didn’t realize how caregiving is exhausting.   

Good to hear that your DH is doing so well.

I hope you've been giving yourself a break once in a while!!

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

- it was a large pug dog!! She then began dressing the dog in a shirt that matched her own outfit! All in an elementary school cafeteria. It was... unusual.

Congratulations on your son's 5th grade Graduation.

Good grief!  I can't believe this woman was permitted into the school with her pug!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Odd indeed. Not only that, but my reply to @NHProud was also locked down... First time it happened to me since I've joined CC ☹️

On a happier note, we have a Jewish holiday approaching, where the tradition is to eat lots of cheese.... Since our inlaws will be abroad [they got an offer to visit Normandy which they couldn't refuse 😉] and our "mutual" grandson was 4 years old today, we'll celebrate more than a week ahead, and I volunteered to bake.... surprise... a cheese cake. A new recipe.

So today I've baked "part 1", it has to "rest" at least a day in the fridge, and Friday morning I'll do the top.

Part 1 --

image.thumb.jpeg.af501f804cbfb689dbfc29a1fb72c5fa.jpeg

Happy 4th Birthday to your grandson today!!!

I thought of you last night while watching the Celebrity Webinar on Greece last night, Dani.  Captain Kate was talking about how excited she is to be on the Beyond and heading to Greece.   How many "sleeps" before you board the Beyond?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your knee op recuperation is going well Greg.

I have an appointment tomorrow at my doctor's to get the results of all the x-rays on both my knees.

Best of luck tomorrow at your doctors appointment, Graham.  Hoping for good news🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

So,I looked up some information about St Nicholas. Here it is:  

Many ports in Greece have his icons (statues,art pieces) displayed. In some ports,instead  of wishing one another good luck,sailors say “May St Nicholas hold the tiller.

MJ🙋🏻

MJ, great suggestions for Dani...

@dani negreanu Dani, perhaps your DH could paint a little plaque saying "May St. Nicholas hold the tiller". for Captain Kate.

You are so thoughtful, MJ!🌹

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy 4th Birthday to your grandson today!!!

I thought of you last night while watching the Celebrity Webinar on Greece last night, Dani.  Captain Kate was talking about how excited she is to be on the Beyond and heading to Greece.   How many "sleeps" before you board the Beyond?

I watched the webnar also.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

3 hrs.

Yes, I should've said 3. 😁  I don't always watch the 3rd hour, once I see who the winner is.  Here's hoping Johnathan wins.  If not Johnathan, then Mike.🤞

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, I should've said 3. 😁  I don't always watch the 3rd hour, once I see who the winner is.  Here's hoping Johnathan wins.  If not Johnathan, then Mike.🤞

I hope the challenges are physical ones. That will give Jonathan the best shot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I watched the webnar also.

I do wish they showed Greece more.  We've been to Santorini and Athens, and I did enjoy hearing Captain Kate and Captain Dimitrias (sp)?, but I would've liked to have seen more of Greece.  We were supposed to sail out of Venice and visit several of the Greek Islands in October 2021.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I usually cut out on the third hour, also. I have to get up early in the morning.

• Like 2

That’s a good idea, Luckynanna. If Dani can’t find a St Nicholas medal, a hand drawn little plaque with that saying would make a lovely gift. It would be more personal,for sure.

I always associated St Nicholas with Christmas as the character of Santa Claus is based on his generosity to children. Santa Claus aka St Nick.

We can learn something everyday. !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good news.My doctor who recommended me for the Wheelchair/Walker ,designed for people who have Parkinson’s called me last Thursday and said he is having the combo delivered to his office this week and that I should have it this week.He just called me and asked me to come to his office tomorrow afternoon to learn how to use it and take it home.Having this should enable me to have the ability to do many things that I cannot currently do.

• Like 24

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good news.My doctor who recommended me for the Wheelchair/Walker ,designed for people who have Parkinson’s called me last Thursday and said he is having the combo delivered to his office this week and that I should have it this week.He just called me and asked me to come to his office tomorrow afternoon to learn how to use it and take it home.Having this should enable me to have the ability to do many things that I cannot currently do.

I am so happy for you!!!!!!

• Like 5