Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Walking along the Charles River right now on the Esplanade. Beautiful weather today to be here. 

Eric used to row in college meets on the Charles River.    His crew won Head of Charles 2 years in a row.     We haven't been there since the early 90's.    Hope to get back some day soon.   I keep looking at cruises out of Boston.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, when we were kids we didn't suffer from cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, adult onset diabetes, etc., etc.  We just weren't concerned at the negative outcome back then.

I'm getting tired of our seemingly non stop 100+ degree temps in the Dallas area.  Going to reach 105 later in the week.  I don't know how many days of 100+ temps we had in a row but it's a lot!  No rain in sight.

I know we have had 20 days hundred or more and forecast for next week shows nothing but a hundred .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't realize until now that they serve breakfast at Park Café.  Has anyone had breakfast there?  What do they serve? 

Park Cafe has breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt parfaits, danish, muffins and also a bagel station with flavored cream cheeses and lox.  I have never seen anything that would be a plated breakfast like eggs and bacon.  Definitely a nice change of pace from the WJ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is not diabetic either but maybe I should check out diabetic socks and see if available in ankle or crew style then he would probably wear them.       Thanks Lenny and take care.

Charlie wears the crew style diabetic socks.  We have found them in Walgreens, sometimes Shop Rite and Walmart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are going on an 8 day Allure in October.   Our 8th day diner will probably be Chops.  😆   Here is a pic of what the app says it will be in the MDR on the 8th day.  It a long scrolling pic so it will probably post narrow and you will have  to spread it out.  If it doesn't work let me know and I will get several small pics to post.

Here’s what my app says for American Icon on Day 8. 
And the other two restaurants says Venue Closed. As though it!’s turn around day!

69EAB984-2230-4BED-B056-6250F82E4DDD.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan

We have been trying to get my daughter and two kids a room on the Oasis.  No rooms for three open, except a suite, which is too much.  Trying to figure every angle but even our TA is coming up with nothing. She could use a change of scenery, they have been very sad.

Sigh

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@jagsfan 2nd try.

Appetizers.   The regulars are left off.

image.thumb.png.28faba1b3173c98a903c0ee8e845639a.png

Entrées

image.thumb.png.1791f9f178629ce20361e32154fd57f6.png

image.thumb.png.613d17f15ef1dd0d5e0a38b611891d23.png

image.thumb.png.b9e2f1816a64ee81545157c6e17de9a2.png

Desserts

image.thumb.png.9cb6ccdffba7f93f04685c99c24e7891.png

image.png

Thank you. I’m fine with Prime Rib again. 
Dick will not eat in a specialty restaurant again. He says “It takes too long and the food’s not as good as Windjammer’s.”

Yes, that’s a quote.
How a foodie and a plain toast is better person have lasted almost 61 years is a modern miracle!
I don’t know what the app doesn’t show lunch and dinner for my sailing!

It’s quite a shock, considering how good Royal’s IT department is!

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The coccyx is the tail bone. It is attached to the bottom of the sacrum.

Thank you. I learned something new today.

11 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm paranoid. Waiting for another shoe to drop. Can't be the car...was T-boned last April going to the dentist. Not much left!

Yikes. I would be a little paranoid too. Hopefully nothing more.

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have been trying to get my daughter and two kids a room on the Oasis.  No rooms for three open, except a suite, which is too much.  Trying to figure every angle but even our TA is coming up with nothing. She could use a change of scenery, they have been very sad.

Sigh

Keep trying. I'm sure something will open up.

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle

I have another idea, since there are plenty of interior cabins...

Two inside guarantee ... with you or Charlie as "figure head" in one of them...

That's an excellent idea!!

• Like 2

I wandered by during breakfast and saw some breakfast sandwiches, scrambled eggs, bagels, danish, donuts and fruit.     We usually prefer WJ for their fresh made to order omelets, eggs benedict, or I like to get some of the indian dishes.      We also like JR's.    Maybe once per cruise will we do breakfast in MDR.     

I did not know Windjammer did  eggs Benedict. 
In the MDR the English muffins need a saw to cut them up. 
I’ll definitely check them out in WJ next month. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sigh

Do either of the cabins that you already have booked sleep three?  You could try to add to one of those cabins and then move everyone around at guest services once you board.

I am looking to book Oasis too and prices for that week are much higher than any of the other weeks.  I got my reimbursement for my quarantine expenses yesterday and have a large credit balance sitting on my AMEX that needs to be spent. 😄 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm paranoid. Waiting for another shoe to drop. Can't be the car...was T-boned last April going to the dentist. Not much left!

I hear ya!  We were without our dishwasher for the past 2 weeks.  We googled how to fix it;. Jim bought a new part, but it still didn't work.  Repairman came 2 days ago.  Just a stupid switch.  Our fridge has been making noise lately...........

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Walking along the Charles River right now on the Esplanade. Beautiful weather today to be here. 

Enjoy!!!  I love Boston. We'll be there in Oct during our NE cruise☺️ Our daughter and grandchildren visit frequently, since they live in CT.

• Like 3

I wandered by during breakfast and saw some breakfast sandwiches, scrambled eggs, bagels, danish, donuts and fruit.     We usually prefer WJ for their fresh made to order omelets, eggs benedict, or I like to get some of the indian dishes.      We also like JR's.    Maybe once per cruise will we do breakfast in MDR.     

I guess once I eat "The Sandwich" at boarding,  Park Café is forgotten.   I forget to go there for bags of chips too.

Sharon loves the Indian food too.  One cruise She asked about curry food in the MDR the first day.  After that, no matter what she ordered, they would also bring a curry dish out too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Park Cafe has breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt parfaits, danish, muffins and also a bagel station with flavored cream cheeses and lox.  I have never seen anything that would be a plated breakfast like eggs and bacon.  Definitely a nice change of pace from the WJ.

The bagel station with flavored cream cheese sounds real good.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our two cabins are only for two.  I don’t think we can remove me or Charlie.  I told her to find someone to go with her.  If we put a second adult and have them no show it wouldn’t work because of the kids.

I am looking at the site that you can't name here that shows lots more available cabins than Royal's website.  There are a lot of inside cabins, side by side but not connecting, available on deck 8 and 9 forward.  I know you said you can't remove you or Charlie, but can you move one of you to a cabin for 2 with one grandchild, put second grandchild in your original cabin with Charlie and put your daughter solo in an inside beside the other cabin?  You could then get duplicate keys at guest services and have all three of them sleep in one of the insides, even if one kid is on the couch?  At least they would be able to come.  Just an idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sigh

Can you add a child to one of your existing cabins then book the mother and other child into whatever cabin category they want.   Cabins for 2 are available.

The child could then sleep with Mom.

Or if you book for 2 adults and 2 children and have 2nd adult as a no show there is one OVB balcony available 11606 for 4 people.

I was browsing royals site before I hit send.   Sorry for duplicating as I see others have made same suggestions.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Here’s what my app says for American Icon on Day 8. 
And the other two restaurants says Venue Closed. As though it!’s turn around day!

69EAB984-2230-4BED-B056-6250F82E4DDD.jpeg

Although it shows more days, it seems like it is showing menus for a 7 day cruise.  You probably already know but in your app you can look at any ship.  Our Allure cruise is October 15.  It shows menus for an 8 day cruise if you want to compare.  Now if Our port days are different, things will be different such as when some places are open for lunch. 

Last night, when I looked up the menu for you,  I spent a bunch of time checking out different stuff.  I am looking forward to trying out the Samba Grill for the 1st time.  We might try 150 too.  We are trying the UDP for the first time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our two cabins are only for two.  I don’t think we can remove me or Charlie.  I told her to find someone to go with her.  If we put a second adult and have them no show it wouldn’t work because of the kids.

Why cannot you have 2nd adult be a no show?  Is it because of the kids sail free promo?

@DaniDanielle  Marietta, there are also multiple sets of connecting balconies available all over the ship.  I wonder if they would let her get a connecting pair of balconies with a child solo in the cabin since it has the interior connecting door.  It might be too expensive though since they are balconies.

Edited by reallyitsmema