Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is five guys the place where they just keep bringing you more fries.

No, they serve them in a brown paper bag and that's it. It's just a much larger portion than you'd expect. Five Guys does have free peanuts that you can shell and eat while you are waiting for your food.

• Like 4

Just a few updates. 

Our weather radar is showing storms between 6-10. I hope there wrong. 

27EFB490-5C79-4DB3-BEC9-12056D6CCEBF.thumb.jpeg.e53efdc81cb72a36bbb0e82f36874344.jpeg

Now some pictures of Lizzy 

When she is done eating she takes one pellet of food in her paw and plays with it till

it  goes under the pantry door. I threw away 11 today. 

C059EE9E-324C-49DD-9F30-365CE4DBA9DF.thumb.jpeg.be0601cad1eae2ffaa7aa8d0a8a42772.jpeg

Now to resolve this behavior. 

64611C70-EC2D-4A96-9B76-28F627EF36B2.thumb.jpeg.02b814afb79cab92d2db2a0ecb27016d.jpeg

Sue.  1

Lizzy. 0. 

Be safe. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Last time we were in Disney, there is also 3 Wawa's in  Kissimmee, Florida.

We also have a WaWa in Naples, Fl.

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Quite well.

I got her out in her new car yesterday and she did great in it. She’s pretty much independent at home and still using the cane but less and less every week.

That is wonderful news about your mom.  It must be such a relief for you that she's doing so well!!!

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Or an A&W Burger. 👍

A & W root beer.....just the best ever!!!  I actually have an old A & W root beer mug they served our daughter many years ago.😉

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley turned 1 month last week.  I forgot to post pics. 😲 

IMG_6343.thumb.JPEG.60518911de6f7f157bc56f0f558cc02e.JPEG

IMG_6356.thumb.JPEG.5ed8d0b3980d60d2fa872df5f3300524.JPEG

IMG_6355.thumb.JPEG.38ab764f2c87a6cffe72daa185dd9dce.JPEG

How very sweet!  Thank you,John!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Heading out to Yankee Stadium tonight.   Aaron Judge hit his 60th Home Run last night to tie Babe Ruth's for 2nd place for the single season Home Run record.  Hopefully tonight, he'll hit number 61 & 62 to tie, then break, the real "clean" home run record.🙂

Have a great time!  Go Aaron!!!!!!  Go Yankees!!!!!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We didn’t get the nasty weather Sue was talking about this morning.  

It was nice enough that some had their convertibles out.  This is one of those “green” vehicles with only one horsepower. 

12BAECD2-D89A-4753-9EFD-742AFBDCB39C.thumb.jpeg.21a84fce51d81fb6294e152adc329e4b.jpeg

We also made a run across the border for a gas fill up.  $2.99 a gallon in Ohio now, compared to $3.95 here in PA. 

Wow!  That's a big difference!   Beautiful picture, btw!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I usually don’t fall for the “let’s take your photo” but it wasn’t that bad for $12 for this camera shy dog.

0CA65677-BF7C-4E59-80EE-C2B07FC4EF31.thumb.jpeg.45275383c19e298fd34a9cf208fe5132.jpeg

What a great memento!  Love this pic of the two of you!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Heading out to Yankee Stadium tonight.   Aaron Judge hit his 60th Home Run last night to tie Babe Ruth's for 2nd place for the single season Home Run record.  Hopefully tonight, he'll hit number 61 & 62 to tie, then break, the real "clean" home run record.🙂

I heard an interview with the family of Roger Maris .As much as they root for the Yankees they would like to see the 61 stay at the top.I remember that year..My feeling was that the only player who would ever come close to 61 would be Mantle.

Do you ever go to see the Hudson Valley Renegades ?

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

In and Out is OK, but Five Guys is my favorite. I love the caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. The fries are good, too.

Have you ever eaten burgers at Scotty P's? They grind their own meat and the burgers are thick and juicy.  

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Finnley is so precious!

My words exactly!

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Whataburger is my go to fast food when I'm in Texas.  They are great. I like Blue Belle but I love Braums when I am in that part of the country.  

We totally, absolutely LOVE Braums.  We're there at least once a week.  It's the only place I have vanilla ice cream.  So creamy, smooth and has a better taste than other vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you ever eaten burgers at Scotty P's? They grind their own meat and the burgers are thick and juicy.  

I haven't heard of this place. Is it nearby? Is it fast casual or table service? Sounds interesting!

All this burger talk made me think of Snuffer's. Have any of the DFW locals eaten there? I prefer their marinated grilled chicken tenders to the burgers, and of course the cheese fries with the addictive ranch dressing. I don't know what they put in the ranch, but I am tempted to drink it out of the little container...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just a few updates. 

Our weather radar is showing storms between 6-10. I hope there wrong. 

27EFB490-5C79-4DB3-BEC9-12056D6CCEBF.thumb.jpeg.e53efdc81cb72a36bbb0e82f36874344.jpeg

Now some pictures of Lizzy 

When she is done eating she takes one pellet of food in her paw and plays with it till

it  goes under the pantry door. I threw away 11 today. 

C059EE9E-324C-49DD-9F30-365CE4DBA9DF.thumb.jpeg.be0601cad1eae2ffaa7aa8d0a8a42772.jpeg

Now to resolve this behavior. 

64611C70-EC2D-4A96-9B76-28F627EF36B2.thumb.jpeg.02b814afb79cab92d2db2a0ecb27016d.jpeg

Sue.  1

Lizzy. 0. 

Be safe. 

I bet you the score will end being Lizzy 1 - Sue 0 when she figures out how to flit the plastic bin😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

No, they serve them in a brown paper bag and that's it. It's just a much larger portion than you'd expect. Five Guys does have free peanuts that you can shell and eat while you are waiting for your food.

OK, I think I got the place I was thinking.   David's Burgers.  If you eat there they keep coming around giving you more fries.  Their burgers are good too.

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of hamburger restaurants,  has anyone tried Freddie's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.  They make smash burgers.  I like the crispy edge.

I like Smash Burgers much better, but not a fan of their fries.  First had one of those after visiting the WTC in 2016 nearby.  Now there is one on the Country Club Plaza in KC.  We have 3 Freddy’s near us, but we rarely go there.  The crispy edge seems too closed to over cooked to me.  I think they are much like Steak and Shake.  The local franchise holder for Steak and Shake was a high school classmate.  He sold his stores to a larger franchise holder.  The last few times I have eaten at S&S it has been so disappointing.  

My wife loves Smash Burgers, so I have to make sure when we go to KC we have eaten before we get to the Plaza.  🤣

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Definitely worth the wait.  One time I bought a dozen in Las Vegas and was stopped multiple times on the strip.  Everyone wanted to know where I bought them.  One guy selling bottled water traded me a bottle for a donut🤪

Can't remember the last time I ate a donut. I'd much rather have a cheeseburger.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow - 1 month already - time sure does fly by.    I love the smile - so Adorable.    I have not yet seen a photo with her eyes open.   Does she have big baby blues?

Ya, time flies and seems to speed up the older I get.  Her eyes are rarely open but she is smiling more each day.  Her eye color doesn't look established to me but then again I rarely see them.  A couple days before the above pics were taken she visited Kenzie's house where Kenzie set up a photo shoot.

image.thumb.png.cbc515a64b3eca18bac6e855f2eef8c7.png

image.thumb.png.e459fd98df462738f605eb2a12b0713e.png

Finnley said, Kenzie you don't need too many flowers...

image.thumb.png.620e6709314681bb85aeff4402474c8e.png

K, ... is this to many?  F, .... well, mmmmm.......

image.thumb.png.a27ecdfb2994ae87155bf95fec13010d.png

K, ... could you open your eyes?  F, ... seriously!

image.thumb.png.e403b3787ff12bca6ce27c5ffb6ebe1d.png

F, ... Really Kenzie, this is taking to long.....

image.thumb.png.503e3a0b30693a1056b188a3f8797655.png

image.thumb.png.671447a06752115e19e7b971be8f6d3d.png

K, ... nice, quick,  get the pic!

image.thumb.png.84c06a321816d56609a3cf9a6cfdbe2c.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I can't wait for your review but sad it will mean your cruise is over.  Carry on and continue to enjoy.

Yes, I remember those diners as well.  New City diner was on 303 and I do remember Janet Hogan's Diner on 59, W. Nyack.  That area on 59 always flooded after a heavy rain. I remember those multi page menus at most diners.  Amazing selection. Their cake slices were huge.  We also frequented the Ramapo diner in Suffern.  No longer there.  So much fun remembering Rockland County.  I lived there from 1976 until 2003.  Wonderful, happy years.

I need to self-correct.  As you well know, New City Diner was on route 304, Blauvelt Diner on 303.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ya, time flies and seems to speed up the older I get.  Her eyes are rarely open but she is smiling more each day.  Her eye color doesn't look established to me but then again I rarely see them.  A couple days before the above pics were taken she visited Kenzie's house where Kenzie set up a photo shoot.

image.thumb.png.cbc515a64b3eca18bac6e855f2eef8c7.png

image.thumb.png.e459fd98df462738f605eb2a12b0713e.png

Finnley said, Kenzie you don't need too many flowers...

image.thumb.png.620e6709314681bb85aeff4402474c8e.png

K, ... is this to many?  F, .... well, mmmmm.......

image.thumb.png.a27ecdfb2994ae87155bf95fec13010d.png

K, ... could you open your eyes?  F, ... seriously!

image.thumb.png.e403b3787ff12bca6ce27c5ffb6ebe1d.png

F, ... Really Kenzie, this is taking to long.....

image.thumb.png.503e3a0b30693a1056b188a3f8797655.png

image.thumb.png.671447a06752115e19e7b971be8f6d3d.png

K, ... nice, quick,  get the pic!

image.thumb.png.84c06a321816d56609a3cf9a6cfdbe2c.png

So unbelievably sweet.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you all rack up three pages since I checked this morning. All y'all <---- (how do you like that).... need to go to work.😯😇😊

Crazy isn't it.  About 3 pages on hamburgers.  You just never know what will take off here.

You surprised me with "All y'all"  .  Great time to use it.  Now all I have to do is figure out where "work" is.  Maybe TripAdvisor will help.  🤔 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Crazy isn't it.  About 3 pages on hamburgers.  You just never know what will take off here.

You surprised me with "All y'all"  .  Great time to use it.  Now all I have to do is figure out where "work" is.  Maybe TripAdvisor will help.  🤔 

I learned something from reading 2912 pages of this thread.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I haven't heard of this place. Is it nearby? Is it fast casual or table service? Sounds interesting!

All this burger talk made me think of Snuffer's. Have any of the DFW locals eaten there? I prefer their marinated grilled chicken tenders to the burgers, and of course the cheese fries with the addictive ranch dressing. I don't know what they put in the ranch, but I am tempted to drink it out of the little container...

The point bars in Dallas area always had a really good hamburger. I definitely eaten in Snuffers but not in a long time , haven’t been to the new Addison location ,  I like the Kobe beef burgers at table13 good but not cheap . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Typically what ever the color is at 4 months is what they are going to be. But if you would like to supply the eye color of the parents and grandparents I'd be happy to supply the genetic probabilities and possibilities. Include great grandparents for improved accuracy.😊

• Like 7
  • Haha 1