Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

The trash talk here is pretty meh, in my opinion.  The backlash is way overblown.

My favorite basketball player of all time is Gary Payton.  I find it amusing that trash talking/taunting by GP, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, etc. is proof of their fire and competitiveness, but when females do it...

OMG how disrespectful!!!!

Trash talk has been around as long as sports has been around.  

Agreed. For any player, if they can give it they should take it. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Women's Final was more exciting then this game. All it's turning out to be is every trip down the court each team's player is fouled and goes to the line to shoot foul shots. Boring !

Don't know I can still keep watching this game for the last 15 minutes.

I only watched the last 3 minutes of the game.I expected Conn to win.My only mistake was not picking them in the pool I was in.I picked Indiana .

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, I watch the news of the protests with sadness, a civil war in Israel.  The secular population need to be heard!

The ultra orthodox party is powerful in Israel and I stand with you in stopping/limiting their power.

Jack and I had to jump hoops to get permission to marry in Israel, all thanks to the orthodox influence in the Israeli government.  I know it's just as difficult now.

I can totally understand your desire to move and the reasons for keeping you in Israel for the present.

I'll get off my soapbox now with the hopes the protests quiet down with a reasonable solution.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to get married in the States?

On 3/28/2023 at 8:07 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Good luck with your new kitchen.  If I were still a homeowner and redoing my kitchen, I would only have slide out drawers, even deep ones for large pots and pans, plus large double width drawers for cutlery.  I would also have a faucet installed over the stove.

When we sold our houses, both in NY and TX, I was amazed at what I found in back of the lower cabinets; stuff I forgot I had and hardly used because the items weren't visible.

Kitchen in our TX house that we sold 5 years ago:

Do you prefer renting over owning?

On 3/28/2023 at 8:57 AM, Sea Dog said:

Better thank you for asking. Swelling in my ankles and feet have gone back to normal. My itching is almost all gone. I still don’t know what caused it. Knees feel better. I think all that walking as you know how big a cruise ship is contributed to the soreness.

Greg, maybe the itching was from something you over did. I did that with strawberries one summer. Had to many over the summer and towards the end I would get itchy skin. Didn’t have problems later (didn’t eat as many 😁) or since then. We have a mango tree so I eat a lot of mangos. I used to not be allergic to the sap and didn’t really care if it got on me. I would wash it off after picking them. Now if I get a little bit of the sap on me I wash it off immediately. I also wear gloves now.I know allergies change, but I think definite the strawberries it was because I over did it. I love them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

I don’t watch women’s basketball even though I lettered in basketball in high school. 

When I was in HS there was no such thing as women’s basketball.Every player on every basketball team in my HS went on to play college basketball but only one made it to pro basketball.At  6’5 I was the tallest student in the school but had no interest in playing which made the Coach very angry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I have it in DVD and VCR as well. Not sure why I still have the VCR tape as I don't have a player but hey, never know when it may come back in style. Like vinyl records. 😁

Love that movie, I can watch it over and over and still laugh at the same jokes.  I also might have a mild crush on Marisa Tomei. But I would love it even without her, just a little less. 😉😇

I have 300 VHS movies and two VCR’s .I do not think that VCR’s will come back.A few years ago the only appliance store in my small town offered a free VCR with any purchase of a large screen TV .The store owner who is a neighbor said that nobody wanted a VCR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I need to toss my last few vhs tapes in the garbage since my last player died recently had hundreds at one time , also had the original Betamax which I bought in 1976 . Still have hundreds of vinyl albums and about a hundred 45’s . 

Are you saying that I should consider throwing out my U-Matic tapes???  I took the picture in front of the CC page just to prove the picture was current 😉

image.thumb.png.f0ba2a69cf354dc74b73356701823488.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

The trash talk here is pretty meh, in my opinion.  The backlash is way overblown.

My favorite basketball player of all time is Gary Payton.  I find it amusing that trash talking/taunting by GP, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, etc. is proof of their fire and competitiveness, but when females do it...

My favorite basketball player of all time is Roger Brown who played for the Indiana Pacers and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2015.

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Greg, maybe the itching was from something you over did. I did that with strawberries one summer. Had to many over the summer and towards the end I would get itchy skin. Didn’t have problems later (didn’t eat as many 😁) or since then. We have a mango tree so I eat a lot of mangos. I used to not be allergic to the sap and didn’t really care if it got on me. I would wash it off after picking them. Now if I get a little bit of the sap on me I wash it off immediately. I also wear gloves now.I know allergies change, but I think definite the strawberries it was because I over did it. I love them.

Doctor said it was a buildup of histamine’s which could have been caused by food and drink or even environmental changes. I think it might have been a combo of both. Coming from a tropical humid climate to a cold very dry climate. Doctor put me on a steroid pack. By the next day my itching was gone and I’m fine now.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Are you saying that I should consider throwing out my U-Matic tapes???  I took the picture in front of the CC page just to prove the picture was current 😉

image.thumb.png.f0ba2a69cf354dc74b73356701823488.png

Boy do I have a few of those.unfortunately you can’t hardly find a machine to play it. Our station has only two left and the engineers have trouble getting parts when they break down. I at least transferred a lot of my stuff to digital before we started to run out of machines.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Boy do I have a few of those.unfortunately you can’t hardly find a machine to play it. Our station has only two left and the engineers have trouble getting parts when they break down. I at least transferred a lot of my stuff to digital before we started to run out of machines.

My last U-matic player died about 5 years ago.  I still have some archival material on some of them, but if I really need to get something, I have several very good friends of mine over at the CBC that keep a few machines running.  At least they did a few years ago.  Haven't needed to in a good while.  I figured you would be the one to know what this is...

image.png.5d8a8bad3983bf15831358915bd93183.png

dp

• Like 2

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

Such a warm, loving family... and everyone accepted me with open arms, literally -- hugs from everyone.

What a wonderful outcome.  I'm very happy for you, and for your newly found family as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu Wishing you and your country all the best.

On 3/28/2023 at 3:08 PM, mo&fran said:

WE turned pinnacle in N0vember and still haven't received  our PIN pins. WE asked the LA on our cruise last week , and he had no answer.

We have friends that made Pinnacle almost a year ago and still haven’t gotten their stuff. I’m not holding out much hope for us to get ours anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really do feel like I won the lottery with this family discovery. 

(And I just went online and bought five tickets for tomorrow night's Mega Millions lottery drawing, just in case my luck holds out!) 

211760753_359949302156151_644912274469664342_n.jpg

What a great day. So excited for you.

I posted the meme because it made me laugh out loud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm not happy with either of their actions but Clark had a healthy plate of what goes around comes around served by the Karma Gods. Live by the sword, die by the sword.  IMO from previous examples of her sportsmanship, had her team won she would have been just as bad in the finals to LSU.  

I see the same behaviour with kids that Owen has played against.  When the arrogant ones fall, the victory is even better.  Unfortunately Reese let it get the better of her, which isn't a good look on her either.

I am surprised that you are not equally disappointed with Caitlin from her actions during previous games.  She showed the same disrespect, if not more from what I have read.  Up to the final game she had the trash talk and the game to back it, she just couldn't seal the deal in the finals. 

Clark pulled the “You can’t see me” wave during the Elite Eight.  

ScreenShot2023-04-04at8_43_48AM.thumb.png.380d10116d7ba3e1aa1cebd8793b21d0.png

From your article came the following quote... "The taunt she (Reese) employed was frequently used by Clark when Clark was winning".  

Two wrongs don't make a right, an in this case there are cameras everywhere so every one could see both of their actions. One might only guess that Reese had enough of Clark's actions during the tourney. Hopefully both have learned something but at this age it seems unlikely.

Here's an article you might want to read about Clark's actions during the tourney.  

https://baltimorefishbowl.com/stories/for-the-girls-that-look-like-me-baltimore-county-native-and-ncaa-champion-angel-reese-faces-double-standards-on-court-with-criticism-over-taunting-during-basketball-game/

I had not seen Clark do it in previous games, but in the big stage(Final Game)  I had wish I didn't have to see what Reese did on live Tv like that.

It was a great game never-the less, who knows Clark may be back in the Finals next year and get her championship title.

Have a feeling those 2 may meet again or who knows maybe end up on the same team some day.

• Like 1

I’ve fallen behind again which we all know is so easy to do.  Been busy with a big closet clean out and I’m finally getting rid of all those clothes and shoes I hold onto ‘in case I need it’ someday. So far I have three of those big contractor bags full for the donation center and still need to go through the coat closet.  

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

College decisions have been announced to our family.  Ava will be attending URI, and Meghan will be heading to the University of Maryland.  We are so very proud of both of them, and are excited by their choices!

Congratulations to them Maryann. Such a big decision and an exciting time for them.  Does this mean there might be a trip to RI in your future 🙂?

So, today was the day -- I finally met my birth father, Bill!

Bill and his brother Jack drove up from Alabama.  They checked in to their hotel, and then called me to join them.  They were waiting out in the lobby when I got there... Jack wanted to catch the meeting on video, but his shaky 81yo hands didn't quite get the job done, so we staged a repeat that was recorded on my phone by a hotel employee!  LOL

We went to their room and they showed me some pics, and then we headed out to dinner.  I had given them a list of restaurant options earlier in the day, and they somehow chose Red Lobster (I say "somehow" because those two squabble like no two siblings I've ever seen!  It's all good-natured, but they sure do pick on each other something fierce!).  

Jack and I did most of the talking during dinner... I get the feeling that Bill is the quieter of the two in general.  But it wasn't an uncomfortable situation of him not talking -- he answered questions and interjected on occasion, he just wasn't as talkative as Jack and I were.

After dinner, we went to my Aunt Linda's (their younger sister) house.  I met her and her husband, then their son came with his family, and the grandsons who live in the basement came up and joined the group, too.  The living room got pretty loud, with multiple conversations crossing the room at the same time.

Tomorrow morning is breakfast with Bill, Jack, and Linda, and my son Matthew is joining us.  I'm going to take a pad of paper and a pen and try to write down as many names and relationships as I can -- this big family thing is totally new to me!  Tomorrow night is dinner again, hopefully my son and his girlfriend can join us as well.  Then going back to Aunt Linda's house after dinner to meet her daughter who couldn't make it out tonight.  Bill and Jack head back to Alabama on Wednesday morning.  

Such a warm, loving family... and everyone accepted me with open arms, literally -- hugs from everyone.  I've already been invited out to Aunt Linda's for "Easter" dinner on Saturday before I go to work... I might make everyone wear nametags!  LOL

I took the time to look in Bill's eyes and tell him that he has NOTHING to feel guilty about -- he had absolutely no way of knowing that I ever existed.  I can tell that he does feel guilt over it, but hopefully in time it will fade.  The second he knew the truth, he stepped right up and claimed me and accepted me, which is more than anyone has really ever done for me before. 

(And I just went online and bought five tickets for tomorrow night's Mega Millions lottery drawing, just in case my luck holds out!) 

Your journey has been amazing.  I can’t say “what a great ending” because it’s actually a new beginning.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Trash talk though you see with guys though doesn't actually use hand motions though on National TV.

More like trash "talk" back and forth which like you said has happened for years.

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My favorite basketball player of all time is Roger Brown who played for the Indiana Pacers and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2015.

I grew up in an NBA city, but loved the old ABA.  They made basketball more exciting for sure.  

My first favorite player growing up as a Supersonics fan was Spencer Haywood.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I grew up in an NBA city, but loved the old ABA.  They made basketball more exciting for sure.  

My first favorite player growing up as a Supersonics fan was Spencer Haywood.

I loved my hometown Knicks late 60’s and early 70’s with Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Bill Bradley, Dave Debusschere and Earl the Pearl Monroe , listed to there 1970 championship game in radio in Germany while in the army, went to several games. Unfortunately they have done very little in last several decades . Dallas Mavericks were fun to watch with Dirk Norwitzki , have a couple of his autographs and a picture of us with Dirk, I never looked so short.

image.thumb.jpeg.3bfe7531794e7d43846e94a0171a1cb3.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was a great game never-the less, who knows Clark may be back in the Finals next year and get her championship title.

Have a feeling those 2 may meet again or who knows maybe end up on the same team some day.

That would be interesting. If they were on the same team they could be the best of fiends or worse enemies. 

If you have the time this is a great documentary about the relationship of Magic and Larry Bird. Once rivals who became friends along their carrier. It makes me smile, and brings a tear at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

So, today was the day -- I finally met my birth father, Bill!

Bill and his brother Jack drove up from Alabama.  They checked in to their hotel, and then called me to join them.  They were waiting out in the lobby when I got there... Jack wanted to catch the meeting on video, but his shaky 81yo hands didn't quite get the job done, so we staged a repeat that was recorded on my phone by a hotel employee!  LOL

We went to their room and they showed me some pics, and then we headed out to dinner.  I had given them a list of restaurant options earlier in the day, and they somehow chose Red Lobster (I say "somehow" because those two squabble like no two siblings I've ever seen!  It's all good-natured, but they sure do pick on each other something fierce!).  

Jack and I did most of the talking during dinner... I get the feeling that Bill is the quieter of the two in general.  But it wasn't an uncomfortable situation of him not talking -- he answered questions and interjected on occasion, he just wasn't as talkative as Jack and I were.

After dinner, we went to my Aunt Linda's (their younger sister) house.  I met her and her husband, then their son came with his family, and the grandsons who live in the basement came up and joined the group, too.  The living room got pretty loud, with multiple conversations crossing the room at the same time.

Tomorrow morning is breakfast with Bill, Jack, and Linda, and my son Matthew is joining us.  I'm going to take a pad of paper and a pen and try to write down as many names and relationships as I can -- this big family thing is totally new to me!  Tomorrow night is dinner again, hopefully my son and his girlfriend can join us as well.  Then going back to Aunt Linda's house after dinner to meet her daughter who couldn't make it out tonight.  Bill and Jack head back to Alabama on Wednesday morning.  

Such a warm, loving family... and everyone accepted me with open arms, literally -- hugs from everyone.  I've already been invited out to Aunt Linda's for "Easter" dinner on Saturday before I go to work... I might make everyone wear nametags!  LOL

I took the time to look in Bill's eyes and tell him that he has NOTHING to feel guilty about -- he had absolutely no way of knowing that I ever existed.  I can tell that he does feel guilt over it, but hopefully in time it will fade.  The second he knew the truth, he stepped right up and claimed me and accepted me, which is more than anyone has really ever done for me before. 

Playing ‘catch up’ again, but wanted to jump in and say how happy I am for you! This was better than a Hallmark movie!

🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Only peripherally as a sports fan growing up...I was into most sports.  I remember Mel Daniels and George McGinnis from those old Pacer teams of the 70's.

I contributed to the making of a Documentary about the life of Roger Brown.The film was released in 2011 and won two Emmy’s .

• Like 3