Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How are you cutting them off? I accidentally had a teensy pocket knife in my purse they took. Another time I had scissors they took. I'm down to nail clippers. 

I always have a small knife and a pair of scissors in the first aid kit in our checked bag.  Never had a problem with those. I did have one of these confiscated by TSA once, so it goes in the checked bag now. 

IMG_7219.thumb.jpeg.856e6e5da750ecf69709e1ff9998861f.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, George C said:

For about triple the price you can get a royal suite with hot tub on balcony, we  rarely use balcony and never use hot tub . 

😁 But I like to do three cruises for the price of one suite.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

@BonTexasNY Enjoy your B2B. They are amazing.  We’ll see you in the Diamond Lounge on Bella 2 👍😁

Yes! Not sure we have enough time pre dinner since we have early seating but we'll make it work.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s too bad, the careless ones have to ruin it for the rest of us. I have a feeling a lot of those are going to be cut off.

There is a sticker that says not to lay it flat. 

Does not say anywhere not to recline. 

• Like 3

I know there are a few Celebrity cruisers here, so I'll try this question here first before venturing to the Celebrity boards.  We're looking at taking our first Celebrity cruise out of Port Canaveral (easy drive) sometime this winter.  The only ship out of Port Canaveral at that time is Equinox.  We want to try the Retreat.  I'm considering booking a suite guarantee...which I'm guessing will almost certainly end up putting us in an entry level Sky Suite.  That saves us about $200 vs. booking a specific Sky Suite.  Are there any "bad" Sky Suite locations such that's it's worth spending an extra $200 to get a specific cabin location?  Seems like all regular Sky Suites are on deck 12.

Anything else worth considering before booking something on Equinox?  We already have our Captain's Club numbers which translates from our Royal D+ to Elite Plus.  Ken...look for an email when you get back from your Utopia cruise. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My logic would be...these are brand new chairs so the bands must have been in place for shipping to keep the chairs in an upright position.  They must have forgotten to remove the "shipping bands" when putting the chair on the balcony.  I will therefore help them out by cutting the band off for them. 😁

I am going with that thought.

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know there are a few Celebrity cruisers here, so I'll try this question here first before venturing to the Celebrity boards.  We're looking at taking our first Celebrity cruise out of Port Canaveral (easy drive) sometime this winter.  The only ship out of Port Canaveral at that time is Equinox.  We want to try the Retreat.  I'm considering booking a suite guarantee...which I'm guessing will almost certainly end up putting us in an entry level Sky Suite.  That saves us about $200 vs. booking a specific Sky Suite.  Are there any "bad" Sky Suite locations such that's it's worth spending an extra $200 to get a specific cabin location?  Seems like all regular Sky Suites are on deck 12.

Anything else worth considering before booking something on Equinox?  We already have our Captain's Club numbers which translates from our Royal D+ to Elite Plus.  Ken...look for an email when you get back from your Utopia cruise. 🙂

BOOK IT!!!!!!!

My favorite S class ship.

Apart from pool deck noise I cannot think of anything else. If the difference bw a Gty and non is $200, I would go with a known numbered cabin. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I would have no problem letting celebrity pick the suite . The biggest gain for suite is Luminae which is the suite restaurant, lounge called the retreat is normally a relaxing place for drinks , plus you have access to concierge which does same stuff as rccl concierge. Outdoor retreat is nothing special unless you are on a E class . Luminae is far superior compared to CK.

Edited by George C
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The only ship out of Port Canaveral at that time is Equinox. 

We were on Equinox 10 years ago and enjoyed the ship, especially the food, very much.

I've looked at the deck plans now. All the Sky Suites (S1) are under the Oceanview Caffe, but since it closes at 9PM, I don't foresee problems.

I, for one, prefer to pay a bit more and choose my location, preferably as close as possible to elevators and stairs.

If you decide to choose, I'd go with 2124 (starboard, the closest to elevators and stairs).  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn’t want a Sky Suite on Deck 12 as they are all under the Oceanview Cafe…but perhaps noise doesn’t bother you.  I personally would pay extra to be able to select my cabin but that’s subjective.  The Equinox did not receive the full Retreat amenities during her dry dock conversion as due to the accent at the Freeport dock she had to go to Cadiz for the work and that took extra time away from the schedule.  So Equinox’s Retreat Deck has no pool or hot tub and in fact no access except stairs so it’s not handicap accessible.  The Retreat Lounge on Equinox is the repurposed Michael’s Club on Deck 5.  Nice room but no ocean views.  Luminae and a larger cabin are the main benefits.  I’m sure Ken can advise you on the best area to book. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I've looked at the deck plans now. All the Sky Suites (S1) are under the Oceanview Caffe, but since it closes at 9PM, I don't foresee problems.

The Oceanview may close the main dinner stations at 9 but salad, pizza and pasta are available until much later.  Main issue is the noise from the cleaning crews (moving chairs etc on non carpeted areas) and the noise from the carts setting up and taking down.  Extremely early in the morning and late at night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I wouldn’t want a Sky Suite on Deck 12 as they are all under the Oceanview Cafe…but perhaps noise doesn’t bother you.  I personally would pay extra to be able to select my cabin but that’s subjective.  The Equinox did not receive the full Retreat amenities during her dry dock conversion as due to the accent at the Freeport dock she had to go to Cadiz for the work and that took extra time away from the schedule.  So Equinox’s Retreat Deck has no pool or hot tub and in fact no access except stairs so it’s not handicap accessible.  The Retreat Lounge on Equinox is the repurposed Michael’s Club on Deck 5.  Nice room but no ocean views.  Luminae and a larger cabin are the main benefits.  I’m sure Ken can advise you on the best area to book. 

My only cruise on S class was a free upgrade to a corner aft sky suite under cafe and we had no negative issues, that got us to book suites from then on. 

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

How are you cutting them off? I accidentally had a teensy pocket knife in my purse they took. Another time I had scissors they took. I'm down to nail clippers. 

Sorry I missed this. 

Scissors in checked luggage.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:54 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this.   How did his injury happen?   

Sending hugs and prayers to him and your family.  🙏🙏🙏  (((((❤️)))))

We are not sure how it happened but his two hind legs were paralyzed and the surgery did not go well.The Veterinary Surgeon is supposedly the best in Long Island .He is likely going to be in a dog wheelchair when he comes home.

Thank you ,Debbie for your words and prayers.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2024 at 6:31 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Gorgeous family and that handsome boy of yours will soon tower over both of you.  Continue to enjoy your cruise.  I hope by now that you've gotten used to your "sweaty cabin".

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Thanks,Bonnie

On 7/20/2024 at 9:24 PM, Luckynana said:

I am so very sorry to hear about your granddog's spine injury, Lenny.  I do hope for a recovery where he will walk again after his surgery and recovery.🙏

Thanks,Maryann.He has to be in the animal hospital for awhile.I am not sure how long.My youngest daughter who is a HS Teacher returned Saturday from a two week trip in Israel with a group of Educators.She left her car by my house and came here from the airport .Instead of having a nice afternoon we were all crying

• Like 2