Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Question about my iPad. I’ve been using charging cables from Amazon for years. All of a sudden it has trouble keeping the connection to charge. This is happening with all 3 cables. I’ve tried plugging the cables in different locations so I know it’s not them. When plugged in it will charge for a couple of seconds, but then quits. If I move the cable wire around just so it will connect again, but it’s hard to fine this exact spot. It works fine with the original cable that came with the iPad. It must be the connection inside the iPad. Problem is it is only about 3’ long. I hate the short cables. Is there a way I can fix it or do I have to take it in? I tried cleaning out any dust, but I didn’t see any in there.

• Like 1

Good morning. 
My comment is only in regards to athletic events and steering away from the so called “art” of France. 

Just a quick comment about the Olympics and I only want to say I look forward to watching the athletes compete. 

With having satellite and in addition some pay sites I have many options to watch what I like. 

However, a three hour time block had tons of history, profiles of athletes, commentary that there is little time for the actual viewing of any competition. 

I hope they get back to televising the actual events! 

Safety to all athletes! 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, George C said:

Feeding time they love there wet food but will eat dry also,

image.thumb.jpeg.9c358ead66e47ce45b3a906c0a39a80d.jpeg

Oh they are adorable. Congratulations George. 

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

No words needed!IMG_2495.thumb.jpeg.4b896562e907e94e124be4765886e3ff.jpeg

That is a peaceful puppy. So cute. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We were out to an outdoor concert tonight.  Huge crowd there.  Maybe the nice weather had something to do with it.  

We went for a walk during the concert and found a couple turkeys.  

IMG_2032.thumb.jpeg.0747aef2f9b77e588b3b6de00405ab42.jpeg

IMG_2031.thumb.jpeg.8bb64e16fcb785dfd7d31d0a8095c4ad.jpeg

Looks like they need to grow some before Thanksgiving.  😁

Good pictures, I am assuming you zoomed in on them?  If we got that close to the Turkeys around here they may charge us. 

Your summer of fun’s look so great I think everybody would want to be your grandchildren. Kudo’s to you to keep up to them.   Are you doing a live from cruise?

Enjoy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Question about my iPad. I’ve been using charging cables from Amazon for years. All of a sudden it has trouble keeping the connection to charge. This is happening with all 3 cables. I’ve tried plugging the cables in different locations so I know it’s not them. When plugged in it will charge for a couple of seconds, but then quits. If I move the cable wire around just so it will connect again, but it’s hard to fine this exact spot. It works fine with the original cable that came with the iPad. It must be the connection inside the iPad. Problem is it is only about 3’ long. I hate the short cables. Is there a way I can fix it or do I have to take it in? I tried cleaning out any dust, but I didn’t see any in there.

This happened to my wife’s iPad. The connector has become loose which can happen with non apple charging cables. Apple sales guy told Linda they don’t repair them and that she should get a new one which she did. There are places that can fix it but it may cost several hundred dollars. The new iPads use a usb-c connector which is better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

When plugged in it will charge for a couple of seconds, but then quits. If I move the cable wire around just so it will connect again, but it’s hard to fine this exact spot. 

It's likely the wires inside the cable have worn and become broken from being bent many, many times.  Same thing happens to my wife, she goes through about two cables a year.

Order a six-foot cable from Amazon.  There are many cheap cables sold on Amazon with fake reviews.  Stick with a known vendor like Belkin or Anker.  

Paracable is one of the best, but they carry a premium price tag too.  Some say buy the best cables, some say buy the cheaper cables and replace them every so often.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
My comment is only in regards to athletic events and steering away from the so called “art” of France. 

Just a quick comment about the Olympics and I only want to say I look forward to watching the athletes compete. 

With having satellite and in addition some pay sites I have many options to watch what I like. 

However, a three hour time block had tons of history, profiles of athletes, commentary that there is little time for the actual viewing of any competition. 

Safety to all athletes! 

Get the Peacock app. You have have to pay for the service but it has most of the events and a lot of them without broadcast commentaries. Feels like you are there.

• Like 4

I’ve been absent for a while, we’ve been dealing with a lot of stuff with Andy’s Mom. It’s the familiar story of someone who’s 88 and living alone but shouldn’t be.  She really needs to be in assisted living but refuses.  My MIL lives outside Albany not far from Andy’s sister and the sister is very lackadaisical in doing anything. The family dynamic there is just 🤷🏻‍♀️.  
 @dani negreanu you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  

@George C your new kittens are adorable.  Based on a recent comment you made, I have a name suggestion, Johnny & Walker. 

@Sea Dog I hope you’re healing well.  

@FromSea2ShiningSea I’m loving your pictures! Keep ‘em coming.

Other than the MIL situation, all good here. We are gearing up for our three grandsons coming up from PA August 12th.  We’ll drive them home on the 20th, then start getting ready for our trip to Hawaii.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope you’re healing well.  

Thanks Deb. Getting there as my dissolving stitches have disappeared but I still have a gnarly black eye still. Hopefully it will be gone by this weekend.

• Like 6

@Sea Dog  Greg, I am way behind here but I wanted to say when I read about the Christmas movie about your team I thought of you. Then I read you were an extra, so cool. The gal played Summer on Young and Restless she was good in it. Can’t wait to see the movie. I like you don’t change the channel during Christmas in July. My husband enjoys them too but he really doesn’t have any say in the matter 😀

Sorry you have had some skin cancer issues. Hopefully you recover quickly.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

@Sea Dog  Greg, I am way behind here but I wanted to say when I read about the Christmas movie about your team I thought of you. Then I read you were an extra, so cool. The gal played Summer on Young and Restless she was good in it. Can’t wait to see the movie. I like you don’t change the channel during Christmas in July. My husband enjoys them too but he really doesn’t have any say in the matter 😀

Sorry you have had some skin cancer issues. Hopefully you recover quickly.  

Thank you Dorthy for thinking of me and your comments. I had to sign a NDA so I will be able comment on my experience later but it was an experience of a lifetime.

My skin cancer surgery went well with them removing it on the first layer. I did get a pretty gnarly black eye out of it. I hope it clear up by this weekend.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Dorthy for thinking of me and your comments. I had to sign a NDA so I will be able comment on my experience later but it was an experience of a lifetime.

My skin cancer surgery went well with them removing it on the first layer. I did get a pretty gnarly black eye out of it. I hope it clear up by this weekend.

Can’t wait to see your movie , how are your puppies doing , how old are they now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

Are you doing a live from cruise?

I hope to do one that includes our Utopia sailing, plus our week at Disney.  I will post a link here, after I start it on Wednesday.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Can’t wait to see your movie , how are your puppies doing , how old are they now?

Thanks. Lizzy and Charlie are doing good. They will be 3 in October. Lizzy likes to bark at deer in the backyard and Charlie likes hunting for the chipmunks that live under the patio and are a nuisance. They are obsessed with playing fetch everyday with these rubber balls. 

IMG_4313.thumb.jpeg.863d3a24d59e350411f0554ca67e3124.jpeg

Then after that it’s time to relax.

IMG_4608.thumb.jpeg.0db357e68996515b3136d7809ea6690d.jpeg

And then after that they like to relax.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I hope to do one that includes our Utopia sailing, plus our week at Disney.  I will post a link here, after I start it on Wednesday.  

My niece and her husband wrote a book “Disney on the mountain “ which has won some awards about the true story of Disney trying to create a sky resort/park , I thought it was interesting. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks. Lizzy and Charlie are doing good. They will be 3 in October. Lizzy likes to bark at deer in the backyard and Charlie likes hunting for the chipmunks that live under the patio and are a nuisance. They are obsessed with playing fetch everyday with these rubber balls. 

IMG_4313.thumb.jpeg.863d3a24d59e350411f0554ca67e3124.jpeg

Then after that it’s time to relax.

IMG_4608.thumb.jpeg.0db357e68996515b3136d7809ea6690d.jpeg

And then after that they like to relax.

Wow 3 already.  Seems like you just got them.  They grow up so fast.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

Safety to all athletes! 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Get the Peacock app. You have have to pay for the service but it has most of the events and a lot of them without broadcast commentaries. Feels like you are there.

NBC Sports also does a pretty good job of posting videos of just the events on their YouTube page.  Sometimes there's commentary and sometimes none (those must be from the Peacock feed as Greg notes):

(352) NBC Sports - YouTube

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

They are obsessed with playing fetch everyday with these rubber balls. 

If you ever get tired of throwing the ball, but they're not done playing yet, get one of these auto ball throwing machines.  So long as they are trained to return the ball to the machine, they can play for as long as they want.  There's a few different models available.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you ever get tired of throwing the ball, but they're not done playing yet, get one of these auto ball throwing machines.  So long as they are trained to return the ball to the machine, they can play for as long as they want.  There's a few different models available.

I need that!  I need to play ball every night for 1 1/2 hours😀. Lola is still a pup and I am hoping her energy levels relax a bit in time but that would be a solution for me. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ive seen those. They are cool. While our dogs are pretty smart I don’t think they would be good at dropping the ball back in the bucket. They don’t like giving up the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5