Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I’m glad to read all the FL folks made out relatively okay with Hurricane Milton.  Hope Renee @ReneeFLL and Mike did as well. 

@dani negreanu  I’m always more comfortable with a nonstop flight on my way TO a vacation. Less chance of delays or lost luggage.  Maybe you could do the direct flight to Miami but fly home from Orlando through NY, that way the transportation is only an issue once.  As for options from Miami to the Orlando/Port Canaveral area, what about a one way car rental?  I don’t know what licensing requirements there are but it’s just another option to consider.  Are there any airlines that fly from MIA to MCO? One final suggestion is a private car service. I’m sure this would be quite expensive, but you could probably cancel without penalty if it comes to that.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Good news my brother had very minor damage a inch of water in a sunken living room and small amount of water in other rooms, this is compared to 3 feet of water a couple of years ago.

My local library had a book same bought 4 Lucas Davenport and 2 Virgil Flowers paperbacks, one Jack Reacher and one hardcover Ken Follett for a cost of 9 dollars. 

Pleased to hear your brother is okay George.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m glad to read all the FL folks made out relatively okay with Hurricane Milton.  Hope Renee @ReneeFLL and Mike did as well. 

@dani negreanu  I’m always more comfortable with a nonstop flight on my way TO a vacation. Less chance of delays or lost luggage.  Maybe you could do the direct flight to Miami but fly home from Orlando through NY, that way the transportation is only an issue once.  As for options from Miami to the Orlando/Port Canaveral area, what about a one way car rental?  I don’t know what licensing requirements there are but it’s just another option to consider.  Are there any airlines that fly from MIA to MCO? One final suggestion is a private car service. I’m sure this would be quite expensive, but you could probably cancel without penalty if it comes to that.  

I like your thinking.  American Airlines has 6 direct flights a day from MIA to MCO, at a cost of $145 per person one way.  Dani could book one that gives plenty of layover time in Miami in case of any problems.  If you then add transportation from MCO to PC, you're looking at a total cost to get from MIA to the port of about $350-400. 

If driving is an option, one-way rental cars are fairly cheap in the $100-200 range.  The drive time is 3-3.5 hours depending on traffic.  Other than heavy traffic in southern Florida, it's a straightforward drive on highways the entire way. 

The return flight could then go from MCO to TLV via JFK.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's the most I ever transferred. Just read on cc about getting your account locked up. I admit I'm a naive beginner gambling. The machine showed credits. What are credits I have no idea. And lower right would say I won 10 or 15 etc.. lower left would double it, if it said I won 10 lower left said I won 20 cents. I went back as that seems like a lucky machine and asked the guy playing it how do I know how much money I have in the machine. He pushed the credit button and cash pops up but doesnt stay. So after I put in $100 I hoped credits would make some sense. Like 681 credits now showed. I didnt know then push on credits and ot showed dollars and it made me  nervous no idea how much each bet was or how much money I had on the machine. I won a lot and 3 free games so figured not bad, and so I finally pushed the cash out button. Until I did that I have no idea what the machine was doing except it was kinda lucky. So if I got nervous and didnt play the whole $100.. that's why.

Need a class from lioness. Nothing on that machine seemed to relate. So what do total credits mean, how many spins or something? It was not points, those showed lower where you sign in. Those points roll up so slow hahahaha. I'll never get to a free cruise. Machine had 2 cents lighted up. But 2 cents is never a 2 cents bet either. I'm just doing a little for fun. 

On adventure I know I hit the big payout, lol it said so. ..then went cold. Wasnt winning anything so I quit after 6 to 10 more spins and still had $48 free money on a 60 cents a spin machine. That machine said what you bet. The one downstairs no idea.

AS FAR AS ME HELPING. LOL

I only play the old fashioned “reel” slots. 

Those new computer programmed games ( the ones with all the flashing lights and sounds like Buffalo’s or video poker, I have never cared for). 

I have watched them and seems to many symbols that pay out at different combinations. 

Give me the old fashioned “Sizzling 7’s”

or 

“Quick Hits” 

and I have been known to get cash hand pays on every cruise. 

Often I leave ahead on funds. 
But not every cruise. 

It is all about knowing when to stop and take your $$$$$ and run. 

Also. I have met many nice fellow gamers on these machines. 

Also.  The best winning ship for me is Symphony. A close second is Allure. 

The ship that has my least favorite machines is Quantum. 

Now wonder what WONDER will bring next March. 🤔

Sue. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'll probably just "wing it" like I did last cruise, other than planing how to get to PC & back.

I have been finding one way car rentals the day before and drop off the day of the cruise for less than $100.

Ubers are about $70 so the car rental isn't that bad.

What I found is most shuttles operate to get you from MCO to the cruise port the morning of.

• Like 7

I had a dream. 

And if you can imagine for one minute. 

I wonder if the planning committee for the future BELLA III would consider a let’s say March of 2026 reunion. 🤔

I know everyone has their own availability dates and personal preference of sailing dates. 

Due to work schedule and family commitments ( yup have them

even in retirement ) we cannot go in January or even February. 

I know prices are higher due to Spring Breaks in March and that could be a drawback. 

But wouldn’t March be a great get-a-way?  (Hint hint). 

❤️

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3

Just now, Lionesss said:

I wonder if the planning committee for the future BELLA III would consider a let’s say March of 2026 reunion. 🤔

Bella 3 is Oasis Jan 24 2026 and Bella 3.5 is Oasis Feb 1, 2026.

We are wide open for 2027 though but after Bella 1 March is out for most people to avoid the kids

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

We are wide open for 2027 though but after Bella 1 March is out for most people to avoid the kids

Good reason not going in March. Yup. Spring breaks attack with the youngins. 

And I did not know about the updates on cruises. 
Thank you for sharing. 

Safe travels to all BELLA-CRUISERS. 

I am Fortunate to have met so many of you on BELLA - I. 

I will be a silent creeper on your future live thread. 

❤️

• Like 4

@dani negreanu  I like Deb's @Momof3gurlz suggestions too.  I have done the Brightline from MCO to FLL, last March, and it is very easy to do.  But, I do understand you being hesitant due to non-refundable.  I also rented a car one way from FLL to Sarasota last March and that easy and less than $100.  Somehow, someway you will make from Miami!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

After today's announcement regarding Costa Maya, maybe a Western itinerary in 2027?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We went out and got a sunset photo. 

IMG_7242.thumb.jpeg.bd7866b4719236d56f3b3af348d63a8f.jpeg

The Northern lights are just starting to come out. We will go back out in an hour. 

IMG_7237.thumb.jpeg.38c34c737e504128513f41ea29839062.jpeg

IMG_7244.thumb.jpeg.58bcea083c9ebbe6bfd488cf304c3b79.jpeg

IMG_7245.thumb.jpeg.b442a5753803de1f35710830dba39747.jpeg

IMG_7243.thumb.jpeg.0fafca116fcc362875db061018cfec93.jpeg

Beautiful 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Northern Lights here too. 

We just went out again, and it’s getting better. Going to go out in another 30 minutes or so. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6