Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great news!!  We have to wait until tomorrow for our granddaughter Ava's results.  She had a high temp last night, and it was 102.9 a few hours ago.

Prayers 🙏 for Ava to test negative and for her temperature to get back to normal.

Graham.

• Like 5

Our granddaughter tested positive Monday.  Now they shut down her school and went to remote learning.  My grandson had to miss school because he only has one shot of the vaccine. They are all fine at my son’s house but have to miss a trip to North Carolina to visit his inlaws.  They are so upset because they all feel okay.  Luckily, we have not seen them for awhile so no exposure😳

• Like 6

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 32°F now.

I posted this on Bella thread and thought others might like to see it here.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

This is a great video.  I have showed it to a couple people and we all have had a good laugh.  I wish I could figure out how to download it so I could share it with my brothers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our granddaughter tested positive Monday.  Now they shut down her school and went to remote learning.  My grandson had to miss school because he only has one shot of the vaccine. They are all fine at my son’s house but have to miss a trip to North Carolina to visit his inlaws.  They are so upset because they all feel okay.  Luckily, we have not seen them for awhile so no exposure😳

Hope everyone is fine. I can understand how upset they feel. Virtual hugs to all.

I hope 2022 will bring everyone lots of joy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear your granddaughter tested positive.

I hope she has no or mild symptoms and is better soon.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm trusting her doctor knows how long and its past that time. If your doctor measured your antibodies twice and both times you were measuring very high and he advised you NOT to get the jab until your antibodies drop, I'd follow the doctors advise. .. lol unless I really wanted to cruise bad NOW. Then I'd ask him if I could get it anyway. You dont trust her doctor to know when the period ends?

Everyone I know who got covid last year, had to wait 3 months until they got their vaccine.  No antibody levels were taken.  They just had to wait it out.  I was asking if it's the same now one year later.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is a great video.  I have showed it to a couple people and we all have had a good laugh.  I wish I could figure out how to download it so I could share it with my brothers.

On your mobile phone try pressing on the video for a few seconds and this appears.

Press download video and it is saved in your downloads.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211222_203706_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211222_204345_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

My daughter & SIL can’t catch a break.  They no sooner got the negative Covid result for the 11 month old, then the 2 1/2 yr old threw up her lunch!  I drove up to MA to pick up the little one and she will stay with us tonight & tomorrow, just in case they’re about to be visited by the dreaded stomach bug.  Hopefully it was either a random thing or a quick 24 hour thing.  Also hoping my daughter & SIL don’t get it!

Seems like it will be a Christmas miracle if we get to have Christmas this year !!

I’m hoping for the best for those of you waiting for test results and those who have Covid positive family members. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On your mobile phone try pressing on the video for a few seconds and this appears.

Press download video and it is saved in your downloads.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211222_203706_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211222_204345_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks!  I tried it on my iPad and it wouldn’t work, switched over to my android phone and it worked right away.  Now to share.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Makes you wonder if Omicron causes something more like a "common cold" just like Corona viruses have been doing since since almost forever.

I hope that will be the case. I'd rather have sniffles and sneezes than death.

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m happy to report that little Ellie is Covid negative 😁!

Great news until I read your later post.

6 hours ago, George C said:

I don’t mind if I have to get a shot every month if it allows me to live a somewhat normal life and avoid wearing a mask.

Same here and I don't even like needles but I'll do whatever it takes.

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Hoping all who post here get a visit from Santa on Christmas Eve and that your gifts either wrapped in boxes or those you are holding in your hearts arrive in your homes.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you. I happen to be friends with Santa and he tells me that you will be taken care of very nicely. Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest daughter’s family is headed to Disney today and will be there through Christmas. To "help" Santa out, our SIL called Santa and told him.  So Santa decided to come early and they opened gifts from Santa yesterday morning!  Zander and Corrie were so happy and now Santa doesn’t have to find them at Disney!

That's great. Two Christmas's are always more fun than one.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My daughter & SIL can’t catch a break.  They no sooner got the negative Covid result for the 11 month old, then the 2 1/2 yr old threw up her lunch!  I drove up to MA to pick up the little one and she will stay with us tonight & tomorrow, just in case they’re about to be visited by the dreaded stomach bug.  Hopefully it was either a random thing or a quick 24 hour thing.  Also hoping my daughter & SIL don’t get it!

Seems like it will be a Christmas miracle if we get to have Christmas this year !!

I’m hoping for the best for those of you waiting for test results and those who have Covid positive family members. 

I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours. Hang in there. I know you will find a way to have a good Christmas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 for Ava to test negative and for her temperature to get back to normal.

Graham.

Thank you so much, Graham!❤️

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope Ava is okay

Thank you, Marietta🥰

I'm sorry to hear that your granddaughter tested positive.  Hopefully she is asymptomatic.  It's a shame that your sons family will be missing their trip to N.C.  Glad to hear you and Charlie haven't been exposed.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My daughter & SIL can’t catch a break.  They no sooner got the negative Covid result for the 11 month old, then the 2 1/2 yr old threw up her lunch!  

Oh no, Deb!  Those stomach bugs are the worst the way it runs through a family.  I sure hope it's not that, but just something she ate.🙏

We can all use some vodka now, I think!!!

Totally!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I’m on my iPhone.
I went up to the 3 dots on the upper right, clicked on that and then “share” and sent it to myself. 
Then I forwarded it to my friends and family who need a lift!!!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest daughter’s family is headed to Disney today and will be there through Christmas. To "help" Santa out, our SIL called Santa and told him.  So Santa decided to come early and they opened gifts from Santa yesterday morning!  Zander and Corrie were so happy and now Santa doesn’t have to find them at Disney!

That was so nice she could call Santa and make the special arrangement. 😍

We used to always go to my Nana's house for Christmas Eve dinner and open up presents from her and Clay (step grandfather).     The year I was 2  and my Brother was 6 we got snowed in at her house and had to spend the night.   My Brother was so worried that Santa wouldn't find us or make it to our house.   

Christmas morning we woke up and everyone shoveled my Nana's house then we all hopped in my parents car and drove home.     My Mom told us to help Dad shovel (apparently she was playing Santa inside and finishing up wrapping and putting everything under the tree).   

My Brother kept trying to go inside to see if Santa made it but was told to wait till he was done helping Dad.    

When all was done Todd ran inside and fell to his knees in surprise that Santa did make it🤩

My Mom took a photo of his shocked face and my Brother hangs up the photo in his house every Christmas

As I was only 2 yrs. old I don't remember this but have heard the story several times.    

• Like 13

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Everyone I know who got covid last year, had to wait 3 months until they got their vaccine.  No antibody levels were taken.  They just had to wait it out.  I was asking if it's the same now one year later.  

I never said how long ago she had covid as idk. She used to be my parents neighbor, so I dont know her well. We came back after the funeral and I just posted what she said, that her doctor told her not to get jabbed yet. He would tell her when her antibodies dropped. I guess you are assuming a short time ago means less than 3 months. I have no idea. Im just saying why someone isnt getting jabbed, her doctor said. I'd been talking to her husband about cruising and he said ask lisa why we cant cruise right now. 

I do think maybe there should be more research into how long antibodies levels from people who recovered from covid. That being said ...as I said above if it was me I'd still get shots and push back at the doctor. ..just to cruise. I'd stand on my head though to cruise. A doctors advise wouldnt stop me. I didnt argue with her .its between her and her doctor. I didnt push for  more details like you want like how long it had been. The time was set aside for my father. If you know me I'm always pushing people asking why they dont cruise. I cant wait to cruise again. It was the day of my days funeral so you can understand why I didnt ask and cant answer your questions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When all was done Todd ran inside and fell to his knees in surprise that Santa did make it🤩

My Mom took a photo of his shocked face and my Brother hangs up the photo in his house every Christmas

As I was only 2 yrs. old I don't remember this but have heard the story several times.    

What a beautiful Christmas memory!  Although you were too young when this happened, you were brought up with this happy Christmas remembrance, and that's a beautiful memory to have!❤️

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no, Deb!  Those stomach bugs are the worst the way it runs through a family.  I sure hope it's not that, but just something she ate.🙏

Totally!!

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE: Juice from a can of pears. 1 tsp every hour till throw up stops. Works miracles when little babies cannot be seen and pharmacies are closed for taking in prescriptions or picking up anything.  NOT MEDICAL ADVICE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Sea Dog- Greg. My hubby and I have been very fortunate this year and we are grateful . Now, if you could get Santa to stop by with the diamond tiara for me ( a little joke I have with hubby) I would be pleased ! LOL!

Wishing you and your wife a happy Christmas !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I never said how long ago she had covid as idk. She used to be my parents neighbor, so I dont know her well. We came back after the funeral and I just posted what she said, that her doctor told her not to get jabbed yet. He would tell her when her antibodies dropped. I guess you are assuming a short time ago means less than 3 months. I have no idea. Im just saying why someone isnt getting jabbed, her doctor said. I'd been talking to her husband about cruising and he said ask lisa why we cant cruise right now. 

I do think maybe there should be more research into how long antibodies levels from people who recovered from covid. That being said ...as I said above if it was me I'd still get shots and push back at the doctor. ..just to cruise. I'd stand on my head though to cruise. A doctors advise wouldnt stop me. I didnt argue with her .its between her and her doctor. I didnt push for  more details like you want like how long it had been. The time was set aside for my father. If you know me I'm always pushing people asking why they dont cruise. I cant wait to cruise again. It was the day of my days funeral so you can understand why I didnt ask and cant answer your questions.

No worries. I asked in general, not asking about your neighbor specifically.  I just wanted to know if anyone had info about having to wait to get jabbed after they had covid. 

• Like 2