Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. No iPhone. I have an S20 Galaxy. I tried emailing them to myself but it was taking to long. I don’t buy the faster internet, but maybe I should. 😁

I have an S21 Galaxy but when at home I prefer using my iPad.  I found an app that I have been using for awhile now.  It makes it really easy to send pics/videos from my Samsung to my iPad/Sharon’s iPhone.  The app is called sendanywhere.  You will need the app on your S20 and iPad.  Both will need to be on the same wifi.  Once you figure it out you will like it.  It moves pics pretty quick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So since the Samsung S20 has an SD expansion slot, if that is where @ReneeFLL stores her photos it should be very easy to transfer them. I put all my photos on the SD card in order to leave the phone's internal storage available for apps.

The iPad does not have a MicroSD card slot, nor any kind of memory card slot. Apple does sell optional connection kits that supports SD cards, though these have limited functionality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lame. I love horn battles. I hope we get a chance to meet up sometime during the week.

Do you ever go to the D lounge?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have an S21 Galaxy but when at home I prefer using my iPad.  I found an app that I have been using for awhile now.  It makes it really easy to send pics/videos from my Samsung to my iPad/Sharon’s iPhone.  The app is called sendanywhere.  You will need the app on your S20 and iPad.  Both will need to be on the same wifi.  Once you figure it out you will like it.  It moves pics pretty quick.

Thanks for the info.

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mac n cheese for the 🐝

I took that because of her. I should start a food thread with that and the Rasta bread.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight…

Caesar Salad with homemade bacon bits. 

873A9760-3CC5-4E91-8293-2B6C859E60EE.thumb.jpeg.56a09affd9c4c26034176338327344d5.jpeg

Roast Beef. Carrots cooked with butter and brown sugar. 

CB562C2B-44B1-4AEC-A117-4BB0E51A6178.thumb.jpeg.0680cc5a8171bf6afd5a63fe18d67d81.jpeg

Sex-in-a-pan for dessert. 

260D5EE9-19A5-4C8C-9165-3B4B988EBAC1.thumb.jpeg.ed9a502453defa0d3b2e5daa78d0b56b.jpeg

Not sure why it’s upside down but worth posting. 

C0407C5F-596E-48D7-8B60-0F442E6852C3.thumb.jpeg.54b1f7227d732923a98d8d746096f020.jpeg

Your roast beef plate has my stomach growling at 5:23am. 
It’s one of my favorite meals!

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2022 at 12:59 PM, A&L_Ont said:

That food looks great Graham.

Quick question about Covid and England. Are you in any form/sort of restrictions and mask mandates at this point in time. Restaurants here are only allowed takeout now with rumours of 50% capacity at the end go the month.  School just returned to in person this week, reduced capacities at stores, gyms closed etc...   Masks are mandated everywhere.

I'm trying to gauge where England is today to where we are in regards to Omicron. 

Covid cases are decreasing.  Hopefully we had our peak in December and early January 

As Graham said our plan B rules are ending next week and there is talk of all restrictions being gone by end March. London transport will still keep the mask mandate.

Air travel restrictions were changed a week or so ago. No longer need a PCR test to travel to UK but have to do a LFT within 2 days of arrival. 

People are being encouraged to go back to the office instead of WFH

BBC News - What are the Covid rules in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Here are the figures for yesterday 

1602209637_Screenshot_20220122-101939_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.f7660e60588e4b66a5e5874d2589670d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 1/21/2022 at 12:23 AM, George C said:

A little early but this is the menu for Valentine’s dinner at our favorite restaurant , will definitely get a upscale Cabernet with it. Will go the Saturday before since wife  works on Valentine’s Day. Definitely the surf and turf , there crème brûlée is excellent.

image.thumb.jpeg.caa697a768a1bce80ea2e18aa3277b3e.jpeg

My birthday is on valentines day. Though it sounds romantic it means that all the restaurants are full of couples, red roses and 'special' menus.

My hubby still buys me two bunches of flowers, one for my birthday and one for Valentine’s 

This year its on a Monday so most people may celebrate over the weekend.

It's lovely that you celebrate Valentines Day. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

On 1/21/2022 at 8:14 AM, grapau27 said:

Meatloaf RIP.

We are really sorry to hear Meatloaf passed away yesterday.

We saw him twice in concert and he was amazing.

Graham.

So lucky to of seen him Graham. 

My two big regrets were not seeing David Bowie or Queen when Freddie was alive. I've since seen Queen with Adam Lambert which was amazing 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 46°F and sunny at home.

We were in York today.

Graham.

IMG_20220121_123736.jpg

IMG_20220121_123549.jpg

IMG_20220121_123341.jpg

I remember years ago on a cruise, a lady told me how they often planned weekends away around cathedral towns. Because usually they were very old and interesting cities to visit. Now we are retired I was talking to my DH just yesterday that we should do the same.

Did you visit York Minster?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 3°F here this morning. Missed a lot in the last couple days. Happy birthday wishes to those who were celebrating.  

Continued smooth sailing to those currently onboard, and to those sailing this weekend.  

Hope those with family battling Covid, see some improvement soon.  My daughter, SIL, and both grandkids here had it.  Daughter and SIL, just had a mild cough, and both had been boosted.  Granddaughter had no symptoms at all, but still tested positive.  Grandson had it the worst. High temperature for nearly a week, and he ended up at Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital with some IVs to replenish fluids.  Thankfully they are all better now and back to school and work. 

It looks like we picked the right days for our road trip home, since some of the southern states are expecting ice storms now.  

Today, we are off to the grocery store and getting rid of all the food in the refrigerator that expired last year.  I am almost afraid to open some of those containers to see what we left in them. 

Sorry to hear your family are suffering with this da** covid. Especially your grandson. Glad to hear they are getting better

• Like 1