Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

🙏Prayers for your family, John, and most especially for Shelby.  I can only imagine how frightening this must be for her, being that she's pregnant and experiencing all of this.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to read all this about your family. I hope all are well soon and put this behind them.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully she will be better very soon.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sending prayers along that everyone starts feeling better soon.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope everyone’s symptoms remain mild and that Shelby is better soon. 

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about all the covid in the family. Hope everyone gets over it soon. Will this ever just go away? 🤬 

+ 7  🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine was a Chef in California.He was often featured in The Joy Of Cooking for his wonderful meals.These pictures and every other meal that you post on this thread remind me of meals that are featured in cook books.You and Pauline really have good taste in food.

Thank you Lenny.

I hope you are both well.

Graham.

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

Ahh poor babies.    I hope everyone feels better real soon🙏

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It was Radiance, but it was 2012. Maybe they went again? :classic_biggrin:

They did and he set up a tour with Patrick’s Tours. Best tour in the SP ever.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Reflection just departed. Another nice horn salute between them and us. This is a good week.

I was in the shower so I missed it. ☹️  Maybe there will be one tomorrow.

Its official. I booked the next cruise and scheduled my covid test. Hoping I pass it. I will go home for a few hours on the 30th and Mike will bring me back. He will be home to get some stuff done and stay with the kitties and get back on Feb. 5th. Luckily our friends will be down here several months so we can meet up with them later.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

Sending prayers 🙏 for your family to recover quickly.

Graham.

• Like 1

Talk of this weekend's weather started to stress me out. So I did what any rational person would do... I went to the solarium and ordered a Painkiller.

20220126_144604.thumb.jpg.c133021b06d5c5ae59c22a80970bbe5a.jpg

Don't you just love those paper straws!     They really don't go well with milkshakes from Johnny Rockets.😄

• Like 2

When I was at the downtown flea market on St. Thomas one of the old ladies in her booth gave me an unsolicited "education" on the vaccines. Mind you all I did was ask her what happened to all the vendors that used to be here.😯

Was any of her info correct?    I like to hear the islanders prospective of everything.   

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't you just love those paper straws!     They really don't go well with milkshakes from Johnny Rockets.😄

The ones from Starbucks must work better.  One of the officers stopped by one morning and asked them to give him a big handful of straws.  Nothing else.  They must not mess with the ones that Royal supplies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am so jealous.   We didn't have any horn salutes on Anthem.

No horn salutes here either. But Disney honked out a tiny part of When You Wish Upon A Star. 

We are in Costa Maya today. Balmy and hot but us northeast people cannot and must not complain about heat. No No. Disney Fantasy was docked with us. We walked around the port area. Then took a cab to the malwcon near Blue Kay. Relaxed there for a while. Had lunch and walked around. In my opinion, Blue Kay needs a major overhaul. Although there were many people residing at the Blue Kay "hotel". Bathrooms were awfullllllll. Food was not bad.  Next time I am going to go to the beach club next door which has really nice loungers, the pool with swim up bar and the nicer restaurant. Blue Kay is off my list. 

Taxi was $4 pp each way. 

And yes there issssss a pool at this beach club next door to BK. I have seen many posters' heads get bitten off when they ask if any beach clubs have pools. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Was any of her info correct?    I like to hear the islanders prospective of everything.   

She had some very interesting things to say. Whether right or wrong is a little too complicated to get into here. Lets just say she kept my attention enough to keep me from walking away.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The ones from Starbucks must work better.  One of the officers stopped by one morning and asked them to give him a big handful of straws.  Nothing else.  They must not mess with the ones that Royal supplies. 

I will have to check out their straws.   😃

• Like 2

Dinner is at Giovannis tonight. Second BOGHO. They let us do it today.

Tomorrow is Cozumel. No set plans. Will go with the flow.

An observation...

I have not seen the Solarium bistro  open for B L or D. Maybe it's the time I am passing bye. One night I saw crew/ staff eating there. The "buffet" area was not set.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

An observation...

I have not seen the Solarium bistro  open for B L or D. Maybe it's the time I am passing bye. One night I saw crew/ staff eating there. The "buffet" area was not set.

Enjoy😍

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

An observation...

The Solarium Bestro has been open for all three meals here on Allure.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

An observation...

I hope you,RJ and Jim are enjoying the cruise😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

On which day?

Now now we don't want you worrying about weather back here.     relax and enjoy your well deserved cruise.      You should skip over these comments like I do when people talk about this weeks episode of Below Deck before I watch it. 

Rumor is Bomb Cyclone (nor'easter) storm is to start late Friday night into Saturday with hurricane force winds.     If you fly home Sunday afternoon all should be better by then.   If not, then you get to stay in warm sunny Florida for an extra day.    All will be fine.      No worries

• Like 5