Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If it is a late morning or afternoon flight you should be fine.  No worries.  Ignore weather here till it's time to deal with it.

You're still able to type so you havent had enough painkillers or martinis yet.

What's on schedule for tomorrow?  St Kitts?

St. Maarten. We were in St. Kitts today. The order got reversed several weeks ago. And this espresso martini is tasting quite good. Thanks, I need to let go of what I can't control. This has been a quite excellent cruise.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am 3 weeks behind on below deck.  Catching up tonight.  Omg this one group and all their food restrictions.  Looks like deck crew is going to have some issues, especially if there is anymore eye rolling. 

Lee does not like eye rolls.

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

On the 6PM news there was a report that parts of NYC ,such as Queens may not get any snow and Eastern Long Island may get the most snow of the lower NY area.

Hmmm, I flew out of Hartford this time instead of Providence. Maybe the airport being further west will be a good thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Shame they were filming while you were in st kitts.  Did you get to walk around town today?

Yes, walked around town. Went into an electronics store to check pricing on a Samsung S21. I asked the guy a question and ended up having to educate him on the phone. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmm, I flew out of Hartford this time instead of Providence. Maybe the airport being further west will be a good thing.

Does this mean you will be driving from Hartford or taking a car service ?If so,hopefully there will not be a snow problem on the roads .

We always fly out of JFK or LaGuardia.Many of our neighbors prefer MacArthur.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does this mean you will be driving from Hartford or taking a car service ?If so,hopefully there will not be a snow problem on the roads .

We always fly out of JFK or LaGuardia.Many of our neighbors prefer MacArthur.

My car is at the airport. I prefer Providence but there were no non-stop flights which is unusual. Stops increase the chances of something getting screwed up.

I need to be careful what I say. I've made friends with a pilot on this cruise.☺

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

The Amazing Race starts in 24 minutes.  Just sayin...

I just watched something better.For my son in laws 50th.birthday my daughter bought him hip hop dancing lessons from one of Debbie Gibson’s dancers.When I first heard about this I thought it was a joke .I just saw the first lesson with the Dance Instructor,my son in law and grand kids.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Do you remember when Grandeur ruptured her hull docking at Costa Maya? Passengers were stuck. They said the first 2 days were great and they enjoyed the amenities. And then on the third day Costa Maya shut down and all the service people and shop and restaurant workers went home or back to their other jobs. It was kind of a shock apparently to some, that Costa maya is not a real town/resort. :classic_biggrin:

Sorry. ReneeFLL quote dropped off. Yes, Patrick's tour in Bora Bora is fabulous. I arranged it for a group on our sailing, and as I recall Gary & Mary were with us. 

Australia Cruise 3 104.JPG

I saw the picture, not paying much attention to the words, and said that is Patrick on Bora Bora.  He tried to burn one of his boats when we were there.  He had a fire dance thing starting, I was standing behind the 3 guys playing Ukelalees  next to the boat when he started twirling the fire, and the end came off flew over the band hit the dock and landed in the boat near the fuel tank, one of the band jumped up and into the boat tossing the flaming end into the lagoon.  He sheepishly put out the other end and had his niece the tour director do a dance instead.  I captured the entire train wreck on my camera.  Ah, memories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I really havent been following the storm reports. Last I heard earlier today is my area will either get 3 to 6 inches or could be up to a foot or more.  Whatever it is our snowblower is ready to go.  I better run out for milk😉

And bread!!

Or maybe beer, wine, pizza & tater tots like me....actually, step daughter, she did the shopping. I just provide the credit card. 😃

In all seriousness, I don't think they know how snow storms are going to develop until 24 hours before. At this point, it could be 2 inches or 22 inches.  I'll ignore until Friday night when realistic snow totals will be given.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

You two are so fun!  How was St. Kitts, we are there tomorrow.  St. Thomas was quite hot, I loved it, Charlie not so much.

It was hot. And wearing a mask made it worse. But at least it was not snowing. I was walking around the port area.... OUTSIDE.... and some security type person said I had to have my mask covering my nose. Fortunately, she didn't hear what I said. Then I promptly pulled it back below my nose after she walked away. Funny thing is, in town plenty of locals had no mask at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1