Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, jagsfan said:

You certainly manage to keep living and being productive. I enjoy your comments and your interacting with everyone. 
I hope medicine has progressed enough to give you some relief. 

There are moments when I am very depressed but then I get a visit from my family and grand dogs and I feel better.Reading the comments on this thread help greatly .Thanks,Mimi.

• Like 4

Beautiful sunny day, but will only have a high of 58, just north of Kitty Hawk, NC. 

@Jimbo  I will be waving from my balcony as we are approach VA.  

We took our covid tests at 8 am this morning in the Chic Dining room.     They use this dining room for testing of passengers and crew only but may have to move to another location starting April 3rd due to higher capacities.

@Momof3gurlz Hi Deb,    I checked with Loyalty Ambassador your April 3rd sailing is expected to have right around 3900 passengers.      We have 3281 this week and expect to have just under 3500 for 3/27 sailing.    He said most ships will be sailing at or near 100% capacity in April.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so awesome. I hope you two will meet. She seems like a very approachable and down to earth person.

I’m sorry Lenny that you have to deal with all that. I’m hopeful that with advances in medicine that some new remedy will help. I worry about my wife as she has some of the same back issues as you and is always in pain. 

Your wife is a lot younger than I am and hopefully there will be advances in medicine that can help her.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NHProud said:

@lenquixote66I am so sorry you have so much pain and are dealing with so many health issues . It mustn’t be easy for Toby , either . 

@jagsfanIt takes me a week to pack . Waiting for the last minute would not work for me , test or no test. 

@dani negreanuNo one can ever accuse you of not being prepared.  Tik Tok ? 

To those who who are not plagued by termites lucky you.  It cost us $10,000 to fumigate and repair the damage caused by these bugs.  They’ve  just left after spending two mornings here post fumigation. 

It is very difficult for Toby but she never complains.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful sunny day, but will only have a high of 58, just north of Kitty Hawk, NC. 

@Jimbo  I will be waving from my balcony as we are approach VA.  

We took our covid tests at 8 am this morning in the Chic Dining room.     They use this dining room for testing of passengers and crew only but may have to move to another location starting April 3rd due to higher capacities.

@Momof3gurlz Hi Deb,    I checked with Loyalty Ambassador your April 3rd sailing is expected to have right around 3900 passengers.      We have 3281 this week and expect to have just under 3500 for 3/27 sailing.    He said most ships will be sailing at or near 100% capacity in April.    

Only 38 degrees here with West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph expected.

Wind chill  , feels like 30 degrees

Yesterday's high was around 50 degrees and mowed our yard for the first time, this morning  woke to 1  inch of  snow on the ground

Better grab your heavy coat when sailing by here and when you pull into Bayonne. Don't think  even a sweat shirt will cut it.

Had plans to go to here today, but was cancelled because of the weather, the race track is about 20 minutes from our house.

https://www.motormilespeedway.com/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Not only did St. Peter's win, No. 8 North Carolina just beat No. 4 UCLA.

I went to two high schools .Both schools had players when I was there who are now in the NBA Hall of Fame.One was Billy Cunningham who played for UNC .I always root for them,but tomorrow I will root for St.Peters.

The other guy was Roger Brown who played for Dayton.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m so sorry you’re always in pain. 
I hope talking to us takes your mind off it a little. 

Reading everyone posts is wonderful basically because nobody argues here.For many years I posted on another cruise board where people seemed to enjoy arguing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Only 38 degrees here with West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph expected.

Wind chill  , feels like 30 degrees

Yesterday's high was around 50 degrees and mowed our yard for the first time, this morning  woke to 1  inch of  snow this morning

Better grab your heavy coat when sailing by here and when you pull into Bayonne. Don't think  even a sweat shirt will cut it.

Had plans to go to here today, but was cancelled because of the weather, the race track is about 20 minutes from our house.

https://www.motormilespeedway.com/

Woot Woot!   Happy to announce we just got notified we both tested negative and can stay onboard for next week-- YAY!

Wow I cannot believe you mowed your lawn already.     

Definitely does not sound like a day to go to the raceway

I read a polar vortex was coming in this weekend.   I have no plans of getting off the ship on Sunday.     We will do our b2b process tomorrow morning then maybe go to the consecutive cruisers lunch at 11:30 then off to the spa for various treatments.

I am going to call my neighbor /cat sitter / seedling sitter, etc. today.   Hopefully Sparky and Eva are being good babies (usually are).

• Like 9

Gatlinburg plans are coming along.  We have reservations for the DP Stampede for my birthday dinner.  We have plans and addresses for restaurants.  We have two different drives planned and to that point does anyone know if there is a place to get yummy picnic lunches to go on our drives?  We will have a yeti so things will stay cold.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Debbie.I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Yes, we are having a wonderful time.    It is fun to watch and see Chris and Donna fall in love with cruising too.      Last night at dinner they were discussing how they checked out cruises to Jamaica and Amsterdam as it is one of those places where they want to go on their honeymoon.   

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a Tip question.    We have had a lot of extra special this week by the Head Waiter of the MDR.   he has gone out of his way - definitely above and beyond.  He did a wonderful job with the birthday cake order, tonight he had strawberry bisque prepared as I mentioned earlier in the week I love chilled soups, he arranged a deep discount for Chris and Donna to eat Izumi and he said he has a surprise for us tomorrow evening.       Would he be allowed to accept a tip?

I am Gluten Free and when I was on cruises I always met with the Head Waiter who personally chose my menu’s for every meal I always tipped her or him.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

St Peter's won, Unreal !!  Elite 8

Their Coach will have a dilemma soon,leave St.Peters for Seton Hall or stay where he is.

Holloway and his wife met when they were students at Seton Hall.They met in Xavier Hall and named their first son Xavier.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, it looks like it is going to be 36° all day here. 

39EB7473-779C-4C64-8E06-F0342AABD686.thumb.jpeg.6c6fd89060fb946cc9418df16ac12261.jpeg

About 5 minutes after I opened this up and saw all those clouds with snow flakes in the forecast, I looked outside and saw this. 

497ED610-1593-472B-A14A-C212D680CF67.thumb.jpeg.2c37e58f1399290ed10f20e6cdbdc16f.jpeg

Will this weather have an adverse effect on a tan? Asking for a friend. 

It will be 85 today in Dallas and tomorrow should be 90. Pool season is near. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Neurosurgeon discharged me in 2017 telling me there is nothing more that can be done for me.I had Spine Surgery which did not work.I have had consultations with more than a dozen surgeons to date who told me the same.I went to a Pain Management doctor and between 2017 and 2021 I had 9 epidurals as well as a trial for a pain stimulator implant.Nothing worked.My doctor who I am seeing later today is the Pain Management doctor who told me two years ago that the RFA would not help me.I also had Acupuncture.

All the discs in my back and neck are herniated.I have Spinal Stenosis and Sciatica.

Aside from those issues I also have Parkinson’s,Sleep Apnea,Ulcerative Colitis,Raynauds Syndrome,Venous Insufficiency,Fuchs Dystrophy,frequent real skin cancer ,post traumatic vertigo,Early Dementia,Occular Migraines,Hypertention and a hole in my right retina.Plus frequent Depression from dealing with all of the above.I last crossed a street without help in 2016.I am dependent 100% on my family and along with all of this still struggling from the loss of my two closest friends in 2020.

I'm sorry that you are going through so much but happy that you post your stories. I lost both of my parents years ago but I assume they would be around your age.  Certain things you say remind me of them and bring a smile to my face. Thank you!

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great that you mentioned that. My last night on Allure this past January I went to my favorite bar team and asked if I could take a picture of their name tags as I wanted to take care of them in my evaluation just as they took care of me all week. They were very happy to comply with the picture taking. I think they were more appreciative that I was going to mention them than they were with the tip.

I take pics too and just label each one as to where they work.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Their Coach will have a dilemma soon,leave St.Peters for Seton Hall or stay where he is.

Holloway and his wife met when they were students at Seton Hall.They met in Xavier Hall and named their first son Xavier.

If this is a dilemma for him, it will probably only be for a short time.  For personal and professional reasons, he'll go to a school (Seton Hall) that will give him better exposure, better athletes year after year, a better chance to win, and almost certainly quite a bit more money.  I wouldn't blame him at all.  It's unfortunate that schools like St. Peter's are steppingstones for coaches, but that's the way it is.  Mark Few at Gonzaga is a rare exception.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Similar for me. Had worked full time since I was 17, was planning to go part time May 2020 and retire May 2021. Little did I know my last shift in March 2020 at Heathrow was my last ever.  At least I got furlough pay for 9 months and then redundancy pay.

But all our plans to see the world went out the window. Best laid plans ........

Now I feel out of the habit of travelling. Can't wait till the Med cruise in June

The last two years has made me more aware that "my plans" can float away at a blink of an eye.  Makes me more aware of "Lord willing" and more thankful when plans work out.  We are booked for our first Alaska cruise in May and we are looking forward to something new.  We also have a family land vacation booked at Lakeside again at the end of June.  We have new grandchild on the way in August/September so we are not going to be considering anything else that will take us to far away until November.

A med cruise sounds fun.  Israel and Cyprus is high on our list. There is a website called 360cities.  Ever since I saw Cyprus on there I have wanted to visit.  My grandfather is from England.  I would love to visit there and then cruise from there.  So many dreams.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm sorry that you are going through so much but happy that you post your stories. I lost both of my parents years ago but I assume they would be around your age.  Certain things you say remind me of them and bring a smile to my face. Thank you!

Thank you 

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If this is a dilemma for him, it will probably only be for a short time.  For personal and professional reasons, he'll go to a school (Seton Hall) that will give him better exposure, better athletes year after year, a better chance to win, and almost certainly quite a bit more money.  I wouldn't blame him at all.  It's unfortunate that schools like St. Peter's are steppingstones for coaches, but that's the way it is.  Mark Few at Gonzaga is a rare exception.

One of my daughters went to a relatively small college in upstate NY.The Men’s Basketball Coach and his teams went to the NCAA tournament 5 or 6 teams.He was offered jobs at colleges with better opportunities for coaching but turned them all down.He loved coaching at the college.

The Coach who just left Seton Hall earned 13 million last year ,salary and incentives.Holloway earned approximately $300,000.My thinking is that if he stays at St.Peters he will get a substantial raise.The students and faculty love him.Perhaps that is enough for him to stay .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Symphony of the Seas was on Mighty Cruise ships last night.

Now that has prompted me to search for cruises on it.  Sailed Allure, Oasis, and Harmony, so some new shows might be nice.

Even though I have 5 booked right now, that snow this morning has me looking!

Symphony was our first "getting back" cruise last October.  We really enjoyed it so much I can see it being a repeat.  We will be cruising Ovation for the first time in May.  I tried to find Mighty Cruise Ships but it doesn’t look like it is available on our cable.  Sounds like a fun show.

• Like 3