Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

I read a book by Joe Pepitone who shared a room with the great Mickey Mantle , he talked Mickey into smoking a joint , this was spring season, Pepitone had to tell  manager he was to sick to play , but Mickey played the whole game in the outfield,  I sure Mickey drinking caused him to have a shorten career. My wife bought me a Mickey Mantle’s signed baseball and plaque. 

My friend Frank Tepedino played for the Yankees in the 60’s alongside Mantle in the outfield.My friends Jim and Johnny graduated Manual Training HS with Pepitone .I heard a lot about Joe’s time as a Yankee.

Good news is this is not my ankle.  Bad news is it's Vikki's.  We were at her brothers new house a couple hours away for dinner and I had left to come home and let Merlin out when my daughter let me know that this happened.  With so many cars in the driveway Vikki went to get something out of her car and stepped off the edge of the driveway into a ditch.

Her brother took her to the hospital and apparently it's broken and dislocated.  They were only there 45 minutes and apparently they are now on their way home (to her parents place that's close to her brothers).  Just waiting to find out the full extent of her injury and what the treatment plan is.  Looks like she will be off work for at least the next little while.  

Screenshot_20220924_222552.jpg

• Like 21

14 hours ago, mo&fran said:

If they expect really bad weather, they will move it back to the Vehicle Assembly Building.  That takes time.

So, while sitting on the deck tonight at the lake house, a flock of Starlings (is that a thing) flew overhead, first time I have seen one.  They are way faster, than regular satellites, but unmistakeable.

jc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good news is this is not my ankle.  Bad news is it's Vikki's.  We were at her brothers new house a couple hours away for dinner and I had left to come home and let Merlin out when my daughter let me know that this happened.  With so many cars in the driveway Vikki went to get something out of her car and stepped off the edge of the driveway into a ditch.

Her brother took her to the hospital and apparently it's broken and dislocated.  They were only there 45 minutes and apparently they are now on their way home (to her parents place that's close to her brothers).  Just waiting to find out the full extent of her injury and what the treatment plan is.  Looks like she will be off work for at least the next little while.  

Oh that sucks, hope she feels better real soon. Looks painful, hopefully they gave her something.

Can't believe they sent her home and didn't admit her into the hospital.? What are they thinking?

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Bonnie.  9 day NE/Canada cruise

Boston

Bar Harbor Me.

Portland, Me.

St. Johns..Bay of Fundy

Halifax

We're leaving from Cape Liberty on Thursday.  With the hurricanes, tropical depressions, etc. we've decided not to park at the pier and instead have asked our daughter to drop us off there....we're just a little over an hour away.

Halifax got hit hard yesterday/today by the hurricane.  According to NBC it was the strongest storm ever to hit….

As if they have always known what happened in Nova Scotia a 1000 years ago….  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ken - Sorry to hear about Vicki. Ouch. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh that sucks, hope she feels better real soon. Looks painful, hopefully they gave her something.

Can't believe they sent her home and didn't admit her into the hospital.? What are they thinking?

My daughter got the message wrong.  Vikki is still at the hospital waiting on xray results and what they are going to do.  They did give her some happy pills.  

Just got a text from Vikki who said apparently she smiled as they put the dislocation back in place. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just saw this as we just got home after a long day of traveling. I’m so sorry this happened to Vicki. Looks very painful. I hope the can reset it good and she will be on a fast mend.

• Like 5

Finally back home after traveling for most of the day. We got to the Miami airport at 9:30am for a 2:10pm flight. Had to wait to check bags and of course there were no chairs. Then the flight got delayed. Luckily we had a over two hour layover in St. Louis. With the delay we only waiting in St Louis for an hour. The pups were very happy to see us as you can imagine.

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally back home after traveling for most of the day. We got to the Miami airport at 9:30am for a 2:10pm flight. Had to wait to check bags and of course there were no chairs. Then the flight got delayed. Luckily we had a over two hour layover in St. Louis. With the delay we only waiting in St Louis for an hour. The pups were very happy to see us as you can imagine.

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

Glad to hear you made all your flights.  Connections always make me nervous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Surprisingly there were no tears.  I'm sure she was in shock for a while. 

Looks extremely painful. Give her our love and hope for a speedy recovery.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Glad to hear you made all your flights.  Connections always make me nervous. 

Yes I was nervous all day. Too many people. Too much chaos.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ken, I hate that for Vikki.  Ouch.  I hope it heals well for her.  Good to hear the pain meds are working.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ken, I hate that for Vikki.  Ouch.  I hope it heals well for her.  Good to hear the pain meds are working.

Thanks, I was impressed that they got her right in.  Her brother drove her to the hospital closer to her parents house that was about 30 minutes away as opposed to the one close to him knowing that it would be a lot less busy. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thankful you made it home safe.  You probably remember that Miami airport is were are crazy cancellations started last October.  If I remember correctly this was your 1st time to use the TSA thing. How did you like it.   I wonder if the Miami TSA line improved.  Looking forward to the review.  I am looking forward to seeing how you liked the UDP.  Three more weeks until we will use it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, I was impressed that they got her right in.  Her brother drove her to the hospital closer to her parents house that was about 30 minutes away as opposed to the one close to him knowing that it would be a lot less busy. 

That is super thoughtful of him.  Looks like she is getting some quick care.  

• Like 4

On 9/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We dropped to $3.73 gal here in PA.   I would love to see $2.99😀

I wonder how much does it cost to feed a horse?

OK…I am 15 pages behind, but catching up.  But this just makes me mad.  I’m in Calif. and most stations are at $5.59🙀

I’m using that as my justification to be on another cruise😹.  Currently in Vancouver and boarding Serenade OTS tomorrow.

Stay well, and back to catching up.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are keeping her overnight.  More updates in the morning. 

Vikki just called.  She's doing well.  It was IV drugs that they gave her along with a sedative when they relocated her dislocated ankle.  

Keeping her overnight to watch for infection as the bone did pierce the skin.  Did a CT scan in addition to the xray.  Orthopedic surgeon may need to put a plate and a screw in tomorrow morning. 

• Like 12