Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Regarding the Buc-ee's discussion earlier, I read a meme today that described it as "It's like a Cracker Barrel and Walmart had a baby that had a litter of Pilot stations and those grew up and married Texas." 😂 

Love me some Buc-ee's!! The Beaver Nuggets snacks are my favorite, but really EVERYTHING there is my favorite.

I watched, what I thought was an amusing video on YouTube.  Search for Californians move to Texas, Episode 5 Buc-ee’s.  

Caution, it does have humor, and California and Texas stereotypes, so if anyone is offended by any of that, do not watch. 😏

I felt like the male actor when I made my first entry into a Buc-ee’s. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still celebrating Christmas until this weekend the 7th for the Epiphany.

Speaking of Christmas, I think I found your winter place in Florida.  Shot this video from the holiday lights cruise we did on NYE. 

Also, a few of the nicely lit properties. 

A319EAA7-4F82-49F6-8BAB-EA478D52D313.thumb.jpeg.57b2dd13ee034d587768a81bfd4c175d.jpeg

944E9CCB-F093-4D63-9022-2AD647F99CE9.thumb.jpeg.ab5d2a0f6d4fd3b83984c819c77fb31f.jpeg

B2DBF239-B8CC-4011-9121-0B9FC8C29866.thumb.jpeg.03e5b6314c966294008e8286dc5cb102.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We called at our local retail outlet this morning and had a nice lunch while we were there.

IMG_20230104_120749.jpg

That looks so yummy. Your fish and chips up north always seem better than ours down here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still celebrating Christmas until this weekend the 7th for the Epiphany. Just did a tally of all the Christmas moves I've watched since November 1st. 

81 total movies watched.

I've left our lit star in our bedroom window up until Epiphany. All the other decorations are down now and packed away. 

• Like 4

Has any gardeners here ever start seeds in soil blocks? My DD bought a Ladbrooke Micro 20 to seed her flowers. They are made in England. What is nice is that the plant's roots will air prone instead of root-bound in pots. I am thinking I will try this method and the old method and see how it works.

• Like 2

@Ocean Boy I remember when you upgraded your phone you had problems posting.  Mine just upgraded to Android 13 UI5. When I posted my last post for aome reason there was extra space.   When I clicked in the lower part of the box and tried deleting the extra space, it kept adding a few empty lines.      

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of Christmas, I think I found your winter place in Florida.  Shot this video from the holiday lights cruise we did on NYE. 

Also, a few of the nicely lit properties. 

A319EAA7-4F82-49F6-8BAB-EA478D52D313.thumb.jpeg.57b2dd13ee034d587768a81bfd4c175d.jpeg

944E9CCB-F093-4D63-9022-2AD647F99CE9.thumb.jpeg.ab5d2a0f6d4fd3b83984c819c77fb31f.jpeg

B2DBF239-B8CC-4011-9121-0B9FC8C29866.thumb.jpeg.03e5b6314c966294008e8286dc5cb102.jpeg

Wow that is amazing. I guess if I win the lottery I could move there and participate.

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I've left our lit star in our bedroom window up until Epiphany. All the other decorations are down now and packed away. 

Good for you! I dread taking it all down. Mostly because it's a lot of work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Release the Kraken said:

On Radiance FYI. 

Quite the spectacle for about 5 minutes as the bird ignored the lifeguards kicking water at it. Finally they corralled it and one of them carried it to the rail where it flew away. 😂

C3177DD7-5991-4036-B78D-814C688985F1.jpeg

i am glad it flew away.  For some reason we have had a pelican in distress surge at the refuge.  Mostly entanglements and swallowed hooks.  A few with botulism too.  They each need 40 medium fish or 6 large fish a day so it has been a struggle getting enough fish for them.  During the last couple of months we would have 7-8 pelicans in our care.  I think we are finally down to just 1.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy I remember when you upgraded your phone you had problems posting.  Mine just upgraded to Android 13 UI5. When I posted my last post for aome reason there was extra space.   When I clicked in the lower part of the box and tried deleting the extra space, it kept adding a few empty lines.      

I do ok if I just post. However, if I try to quote someone that is when I have issues. This is only with the Samsung browser. Things work fine if I use Chrome. Welcome to Android 13 UI 5.🙄🙄

I don't even know how to describe the issues in order to bring them to someone's attention.🫥

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I use my Android mobile phone I just press the x back box on the right of my third line if there are any spaces.

Screenshot_20230105_160627_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It has been raining most of today although it has been a mild 49°F.

We took down all of our Christmas decorations earlier.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Best wishes for a great day.

Graham.

49 and raining here too.A week from tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 20’s and snowing.

Have a great day,Graham and Pauline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

49 and raining here too.A week from tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 20’s and snowing.

Have a great day,Graham and Pauline.

Thank you Lenny.

In 2 days time it would have been my late mam and dad's 73rd wedding anniversary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

When I use my Android mobile phone I just press the x back box on the right of my third line if there are any spaces.

Screenshot_20230105_160627_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks.  That is what I usually do but after updating my phone and trying to make my 1st post it would add 3 lines of space instead of deleting.  I 1st thought I was hitting the return button but I was hitting the delete.  Evidently there is a glitch if you upgrade the phone and use the Samsung browser.  I am currently using my iPad to post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do ok if I just post. However, if I try to quote someone that is when I have issues. This is only with the Samsung browser. Things work fine if I use Chrome. Welcome to Android 13 UI 5.🙄🙄

I don't even know how to describe the issues in order to bring them to someone's attention.🫥

I have had several problems.  First post I had the problem with it adding space.   Before I finished typing the message to you it acted like I was hitting the select all button.  I wasn’t even trying to select anything.  I finally gave up and hit enter.  The 3rd attempt, I tried to type and the keyboard would disappear.  I am now posting from my iPad.  No problems.  I will experiment with the Samsung browser settings to see if I can figure it out.  I enjoy it to much to just give it up.

• Like 2