Fire Travel Agent??

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

The agency has to agree to give up the booking or you tell that PVP the agency is not servicing your booking. That may do.

However , if you are beyond Final Payment , it is too late.

Thanks, it's weighing on me!!!

It depends on why you are disappointed. Right now, travel agents are losing a lot of money, since nobody is cruising. Maybe you could voice to her what you are disappointed in, and what your expectations are. Maybe she can try and fix it.

• Like 5

if the situation is really untenable with the agent and you are uncomfortable dealing with her on this,  call the agency, ask to speak to a manager and see if they will release the booking? That might be best option??

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

if the situation is really untenable with the agent and you are uncomfortable dealing with her on this,  call the agency, ask to speak to a manager and see if they will release the booking? That might be best option??

Thanks Carolyn, I think that"s the answer.   Didn't think about going to her supervisor.   

I have a couple of friends that are travel agents..aside from the people working on the front lines with the virus, its probably the worst possible job to have right now. My one friend still has to work and take an almost 50% pay cut and that's not uncommon, a lot of agents are losing their jobs. Both of my agent friends have been working over 12 hour days for weeks. Unless its extreme negligence, id stay with the agent for the time being out of loyalty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, matymil said:

I have a couple of friends that are travel agents..aside from the people working on the front lines with the virus, its probably the worst possible job to have right now. My one friend still has to work and take an almost 50% pay cut and that's not uncommon, a lot of agents are losing their jobs. Both of my agent friends have been working over 12 hour days for weeks. Unless its extreme negligence, id stay with the agent for the time being out of loyalty. 

At least your friend still has a job.  Even by your own posting a lot of agents are losing their jobs.  Think of the restaurant workers, etc who have lost their jobs.

Edited by gatour
  • Like 1

A lot of businesses are hurting and a lot of people have lost their jobs...not just travel agents. If I entrust a TA to handle my vacation and to handle my money for it, and they're not living up to my expectations, I will take it out of their hands, regardless of the current situation. If the OP isn't happy with that TA, they shouldn't stick with them out of pity. It's their right as a consumer to move on. It isn't the OP's fault that businesses are hurting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ULCajun you are entitled to speak with Carnival about any issues with your TA.  We are all in uncharted waters with mass cancellations and ever changing terms of offers.  It is overwhelming.

Do what you need to do to protect your familiy's needs, your investment, and your own peace of mind.

And I hope we all stay healthy and that things get back to normal soon.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to think I'm someone who can fairly look at most issues from all angles. If a TA is not helping you, you surely don't have to work with them. If you're asking for them to do something unreasonable in a short amount of time, be prepared for the internet to tell you that you are being unreasonable. I know they are going through hard times. I do find it hard to see how much of the current happenings can result in them not caring about their customers anymore. Again, unless you are being unreasonable.

There is this common misconception out there that TAs are these gods in the travel industry that can work any magic. Maybe some more than others. Some customers get more because they spend more. No TA gives a crap about my off-peak season, interior rooms. I don't care how many bottles of wine you've gotten or how many rooms they've sold.

op, it all depends on what or what not the travel agent is doing or not doing to your liking.  it is ultimately up to you to whether you fire the travel agent or not, and or whether the friendship is worth doing that.   Really nothing anyone here can definitively advise you on.  I really do however feel that travel agents, personal vacation planners etc these days are very much in need of some understanding and patience from clients at this time, as they must deal with us, the clients as well as the cruise lines and whatever other travel modes they deal with.  Times are tough right now, for all, but these folks are dealing with the same pressures we all deal with, ie' working from home and or social distancing etc.  Please try to work with your travel agent first before doing something without weighing the pros cons. JMO.