Summit headed to Freeport today 4/5/20

Part of the reason is the CDC changed the rules on repatriation cruise ship passengers and crew.  As of today NO public transportation can be used!  Only drivers taking people home or charter flights. Understand the rule doesn't necessarily apply outside the USA, but crew off a ship would need a chartered flight.  Very difficult.

Gonna be a while till we cruise out of the USA.  Months and months away.

11 minutes ago, jalves said:

perhaps reprovisioning?

And could not do that off the coast of FL?

Agreed, that is just recently came out of Dry Dock but Freeport, but that is where the dry dock is?

There were many other choices where it could have sailed to.

Perhaps as mentioned repatriation would be a reason.

There are 16 ships off the coast of Freeport right now. Take a look at Marine Traffic. Nothing unusual going on at all.

Logistically,  there aren’t many other choices to sail to. Port availability, fuel, supplies and crew movement among a million other things all come in to play. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sit near Freeport for a day or two then return to MIA or FLL later this week then transition out again. 

Not all of the May sailing have been canceled yet. The 5/19 & 5/28, out of Bayonne, are not canceled by Celebrity. But, New York Harbor is not going to allow any cruise ships in for quite a while, being that coved-19 is at extremely high levels in the NJ/NY area.

Hal

Wow..how ridiculous!

Suggest you wait it out.  If X cancels   you get a refund . 

We jumped the gun with Cruise with confidencec & got a 50% refund

(  based on penalty percentage on date we cancelled) plus 50 %...future cruise credit which may well turn out to be useless

Wow..how ridiculous!

Suggest you wait it out.  If X cancels   you get a refund . 

We jumped the gun with Cruise with confidencec & got a 50% refund
(  based on penalty percentage on date we cancelled) plus 50 %...future cruise credit which may well turn out to be useless

I agree wait it out for Celebrity to cancel and get a refund. The FCC is a gamble. Shortly we will probably see the ships put in cold layup or mothball status. Sailing around in circles is burning up money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 4/5/2020 at 9:45 PM, Charles4515 said:

I agree wait it out for Celebrity to cancel and get a refund. The FCC is a gamble. Shortly we will probably see the ships put in cold layup or mothball status. Sailing around in circles is burning up money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Presently getting the cash refund is also a gamble. HUGE stalling and a multitude

of excuses for not giving refunds. More stalling = longer they can stay afloat.