CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

40 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

Hope I have not contravened any rules....I try not to. But I am intrigued as to which is the “official” P&O group on Facebook....? I know there is an official page.

The official P&O Cruises - no others.  https://www.facebook.com/pandocruises/

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I wouldn't mine, but I clicked on Guidelines and it tells you nothing.

Travel Agent Recommendations

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Now re insurance, very interestingly, I have just done a quote with a well known company, which is not too bad at £453 for the pair of us with a couple of conditions.  They will cover medical expenses and repatriation for Covid but not a cancellation for it.  So that's better than I have found before.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but cannot help thinking that all these phone calls and e-mails that everyone is repeatedly making to P&O is only delaying the refunds even further they have enough to do without this unnecessary workload.

On the contrary, it was only after I escalated my refund that I finally had some action.

What I would say is that people absolutely should not be putting anyone's full email address in a public forum.   Apart from anything else, there are bots which sweep boards like this for email addresses and use them for Spam or worse.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

P&O Cruises - no others.

That is interesting Sharon...because that is not stated anywhere on the group . I think it should be. It is shown on the official “ Page” .... but that is not a group . 

Edited.....I have just discovered that there are in fact 2 groups.... both called P &O cruises. Should that be allowed? Neither show as “official” groups. ...confusing.

Edited by Mysticalmother

1 minute ago, mat5664 said:

On the contrary, it was only after I escalated my refund that I finally had some action.

What I would say is that people absolutely should not be putting anyone's full email address in a public forum.   Apart from anything else, there are bots which sweep boards like this for email addresses and use them for Spam or worse.

I completely agree with your advice regarding full email addresses. 

However, I hope your statement about escalation producing action is incorrect and that the refund would have been made without the escalation. Prioritising those who ‘make a fuss’ is unfair to those who do not ‘make a fuss’ and I would not like to think any company in this situation would do that. Anecdotally, there is a lot of evidence on this site of people ‘making a fuss’ and not gaining any sort of priority. I am however pleased that refunds are coming through.

58 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Notice the already booked part of ths web site is under maintenance. I wonder if they are deleting the cancelled cruises upto 31 st July 

Was able to access CP for our upcoming September jaunt.  Not sure for how much longer though...

Re : Mystical Mother....ref Trust Pilot Reviews  .. '' and I know  they are NOT P & O staff.''

I really don't know enough about the whys and wherefores behind the Trust Pilot reviews to comment , other than to say that I do know that those who have posted the reviews in support of P&O are genuine posters with strong sincere feelings and certainly not P&O staff posing as such.

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So is it not permissible to give a P&O email address?  Is that the problem?

No, that is fine as long as it an openly available one such as reservations. Personal email address should not be divulged and nor should individual staff with no right of reply. The official P&O Cruises page is also OK - there is only one. - https://www.facebook.com/pandocruises/  I apologise if I put group instead of page. I thought my meaning was clear.

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Now re insurance, very interestingly, I have just done a quote with a well known company, which is not too bad at £453 for the pair of us with a couple of conditions.  They will cover medical expenses and repatriation for Covid but not a cancellation for it.  So that's better than I have found before.

I renewed my annual insurance last week. I was informed that, as long as there was no break in cover, all cruises booked before 13th March 2020 were covered in full for CV19.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I renewed my annual insurance last week. I was informed that, as long as there was no break in cover, all cruises booked before 13th March 2020 were covered in full for CV19.

Just for clarity, is it permissible to name insurance companies on here provided nothing libellous is posted about them. I understand and agree with the prohibition of naming agents but do the same rules extend to insurance companies?

11 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Was able to access CP for our upcoming September jaunt.  Not sure for how much longer though...

I can still login to CP and see details of my cancelled June 14th cruise. Rather depressing that it's still there and telling me only 27 days until departure! ☹️

For anyone wondering, in particular those less familiar with social media, the official P&O Facebook page contains all of the official announcements from the company, including the messages from the President, and promotional materials including making cocktails and undertaking quizzes. 

These official announcements are also replicated by P&O on other platforms like Twitter, and sometimes in the direct emails received by those choosing to receive them.  Other platforms are used less frequently but they do for instance upload their official videos for public consumption and comment on different media.

There are several refund threads on that Facebook page, to which I have sought to refer to previously, along with other posters on CC, including the official responses from P&O Cruises and other passengers/third parties - this includes their "Top Fan" who have a crystal on their messages, and, if I may say so, tend to be more sympathetic to the company.

The largest thread has some 2,700 messages, including what could be termed as "good/helpful/informative" and "bad/poor taste" messages from all sides, depending on your view.  Thousands of others appear on other pages, many more than on here.

There is plenty on the official page for anyone who wishes to judge sentiment, and P&O responses, to form their own opinion, including how widespread the concerns are about refunds.  The official site also gives some useful insights as to why questions about refunds and suspensions the company prefers to answer or ignore, and how.

For those less familiar, any other page tends to have a disclaimer on the "About" section, so you can see that they are 'unofficial' and would therefore not allowed to be explicitly discussed, if I have read this afternoons messages correctly.  This includes "fan groups," / Loyalists, "ship specific pages" and various unofficial campaigns, like on the refunds.

Hope that this is helpful.

Edited by No pager thank you
Clarity

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Emailed Helen Lamb, awaiting reply

I believe she is just a customer relations representative.

I emailed her over 2 weeks ago and got no reply.

Sarah Wing is a team leader.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Just for clarity, is it permissible to name insurance companies on here provided nothing libellous is posted about them. I understand and agree with the prohibition of naming agents but do the same rules extend to insurance companies?

As far as I know it is OK - I use All Clear.

• Like 1

A couple of posts deleted. I am going to repeat without hinting at T A

Quick summary.  I cancelled cruise with TA on 13th March, requested refun Confirmed by TA on 15th and stated no need to fill in form because they directly informing PO on a spread sheet.  I have been chasing PO for weeks and same reply, 28  days then 60 days. Last week PO confirmed I was on refund list but no date give, just by cheque. Today by Messenger told by POmy TA had not asked for refund and 60 day clock now starts.  Contacted T A and to summarise there is a dispute as to whose fault it is, TA blames PO,  who replied to TA "It's  a system fault." They would not comment on whose system !!!! 

My TA is trying to gather evidence to help but at the moment PO aren't budging and quote refund in up to 60 days.

Speechless.

• Like 1