CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

£105 Court Fee just received from P&O, that's me fully paid up and happy

Once again, shame it had to go this way but for all of you still sat on the fence waiting for your refund, serve them 14 days notice of intention to recover through the courts, then at least you know how long you have to wait.

Thanks everyone for your support, I will try to post more positive items from now on!

Pleased you are sorted now 

34 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

£105 Court Fee just received from P&O, that's me fully paid up and happy

Once again, shame it had to go this way but for all of you still sat on the fence waiting for your refund, serve them 14 days notice of intention to recover through the courts, then at least you know how long you have to wait.

Thanks everyone for your support, I will try to post more positive items from now on!

Way to go!

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

So are we going to start a sweepstake for how long the first Oceana refund will take🤔

My opening bid:

The first person to be refunded will receive their money by 25th July.

The last person to receive their money will be after 25th December.

There will be at least 25 occasions of obfuscation, double refunds and lost refund forms reported on this thread by the time that happens...😤

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

My opening bid:

There will be at least 25 occasions of obfuscation, double refunds and lost refund forms reported on this thread by the time that happens...😤

It’ll be interesting to see if these cancellations are refunded before the last batch of the CV19 ones in theory most should only be deposits we were lucky they done it a couple of days before payment was due so only deposit this time

Just now, Manx buoy said:

It’ll be interesting to see if these cancellations are refunded before the last batch of the CV19 ones in theory most should only be deposits we were lucky they done it a couple of days before payment was due so only deposit this time

Yes, I agree.  Bulk is the problem this time, not so many high values, because of the timing of the announcement.  

I hope that they don't, but have a feeling that it will be dragged out until they are clearer if Princess is going to send in a substitute ship, as that could lessen the number of P&O refunds. 

Pressure will build only slowly when it is £100-200 or so in as the deposit in most cases.

Advantage would be that Princess bookings are lower so the problem solved is bigger than the one created.

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

if Princess is going to send in a substitute ship, as that could lessen the number of P&O refunds. 

Can't see that happening, because Princess would have to refund the passengers on  their ship as well. Simply more additional work, with no financial benefit to Carnival.

Just now, wowzz said:

Can't see that happening, because Princess would have to refund the passengers on  their ship as well. Simply more additional work, with no financial benefit to Carnival.

The statement this morning was a touch ambiguous; I think leaving open the conversation suggested by Molecrochip but I understand your doubts.

The question is, if Princess booking rates from overseas markets are very low on Ruby, Emerald etc, then you could see a "spare" moved over and the residual schedule done as "3 in to 2" meaning a low net number of excess cancellations I.e. conversation the other evening.  As a guess, maybe 20% likelihood?

You would sense a good old ding dong between P&O UK and the strong booking rates and Princess, wanting to protect her capacity and brand with her ships. 

Miami will referee it.  No VAR!!

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The statement this morning was a touch ambiguous; I think leaving open the conversation suggested by Molecrochip but I understand your doubts.

The question is, if Princess booking rates from overseas markets are very low on Ruby, Emerald etc, then you could see a "spare" moved over and the residual schedule done as "3 in to 2" meaning a low net number of excess cancellations I.e. conversation the other evening.  As a guess, maybe 20% likelihood?

You would sense a good old ding dong between P&O UK and the strong booking rates and Princess, wanting to protect her capacity and brand with her ships. 

Miami will referee it.  No VAR!!

You also need to factor in fx rates. P&O would probably need to increase fares dramatically to obtain the same $ income that Princess would generate.

I'm also not sure that the intrinsically conservative nature of so many P&O cruisers  ("I've been on 51 cruises all with P&O - they are so good I will never cruise with anyone else "  type of people) will mean that everyone will be happy to transfer to a Princess ship. Personally,  I'd be as happy as Larry!

As you say, an interesting boardroom discussion, but my bet would be against a Princess substitution. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Today we have joined the 100 day club. Tried calling, goes through all the various options then get cut off.🤬🤬

That happened lots of times with the 0345 number but the 0800 number was fine.

I was on hold 3 hours yesterday with EasyJet after a few cut offs!!(at least their music was good🤣)

Hope you get sorted soon.

Graham.

When I was in that position my ta was very good and extended the payment date to the same as p and o and when it came to p and o cancelled  5 days before it was due so saving my deposit and converting to fcc 125 % It was only £100 and i was going to cancel so she saved me my deposit for a future cruise .

I got my refund earlier this week.

I booked through a high st TA, (3 letters), when you call them they say that I should receive an Email from them. No Email was ever received. When you speak to them, they say you must request a refund via a link on the P&O site, which I did (no email confirmation is sent). When you call P&O their telephony system says, if you booked through a TA you must call the TA and cut you off! - what a shambles. Anyway I eventually got a cheque in the post from Carnival - yay. Took it straight down the bank and banked it.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, Snow Hill said:

Today we have joined the 100 day club. Tried calling, goes through all the various options then get cut off.🤬🤬

We are no longer members of the 100 day club, refund has appeared on credit card this morning.

Possibly the strongly worded email sent to P&O last week may have done the trick, indicating that legal action would be started on 13 July if we didn’t receive a refund by the end of this week. Our justification was that the first 2 weeks of the cruise had been refunded, but not the third despite the fact that refunds for both were claimed on the same day and that we had the evidence to prove it. (We took screenshots of refund forms before submitting) plus a later email which confirmed both claims had been received. The attempt by P&O to say that we hadn’t claimed was proven to be incorrect, as we sent copies of screenshots & email in last weeks “final chance” email. 

Unfortunately this episode has affected our view of P&O, they have handled the refund process badly, we appreciated that they would struggle to meet the 14 day deadline and were prepared to give some leeway, but appears they are not tackling the refunds in Cancellation date order as they originally said, given that people with June and July cruises are getting refunds before those who had their cruises cancelled in March, has shown that it appears to be a random process. 

• Like 5

The latest version of Rylands Ramblings on FB don’t appear to have gone down too well didn’t look at all the comments but there was one overriding complaint can anyone guess what it was. 
At least it wasn’t a video this time

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

The latest version of Rylands Ramblings on FB don’t appear to have gone down too well didn’t look at all the comments but there was one overriding complaint can anyone guess what it was. 
At least it wasn’t a video this time

No sanctimonious video about Oceana, no video about the restrictions...just hope he keeps off the Radio or TV!

Next stage...get someone else to talk for you...😉

The problem he may or may not have realised yet is that he is associated with the refund debacle and some see him as being personally responsible for the failings.  Even if he can say something positive, until the refund debacle is sorted, that will be the response to anything that he tries to say.  The same will happen when there is good news to tell of Iona.

He would be best off keeping schtum, appointing a spokesperson, and changing his email address until it is sorted out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UncleZen said:

I got my refund earlier this week.

I booked through a high st TA, (3 letters), when you call them they say that I should receive an Email from them. No Email was ever received. When you speak to them, they say you must request a refund via a link on the P&O site, which I did (no email confirmation is sent). When you call P&O their telephony system says, if you booked through a TA you must call the TA and cut you off! - what a shambles. Anyway I eventually got a cheque in the post from Carnival - yay. Took it straight down the bank and banked it.

👍Good news at last.

I learned after the first call to P&O when I was cut off because I said I booked through a TA to press the button for booked direct and no one queried this when they finally answered.

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We are no longer members of the 100 day club, refund has appeared on credit card this morning.

Possibly the strongly worded email sent to P&O last week may have done the trick, indicating that legal action would be started on 13 July if we didn’t receive a refund by the end of this week. Our justification was that the first 2 weeks of the cruise had been refunded, but not the third despite the fact that refunds for both were claimed on the same day and that we had the evidence to prove it. (We took screenshots of refund forms before submitting) plus a later email which confirmed both claims had been received. The attempt by P&O to say that we hadn’t claimed was proven to be incorrect, as we sent copies of screenshots & email in last weeks “final chance” email. 

Unfortunately this episode has affected our view of P&O, they have handled the refund process badly, we appreciated that they would struggle to meet the 14 day deadline and were prepared to give some leeway, but appears they are not tackling the refunds in Cancellation date order as they originally said, given that people with June and July cruises are getting refunds before those who had their cruises cancelled in March, has shown that it appears to be a random process. 

Pleased for you that your last due Refund has turned up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

No sanctimonious video about Oceana, no video about the restrictions...just hope he keeps off the Radio or TV!

Next stage...get someone else to talk for you...😉

The problem he may or may not have realised yet is that he is associated with the refund debacle and some see him as being personally responsible for the failings.  Even if he can say something positive, until the refund debacle is sorted, that will be the response to anything that he tries to say.  The same will happen when there is good news to tell of Iona.

He would be best off keeping schtum, appointing a spokesperson, and changing his email address until it is sorted out.

FB and Twitter every comment the same people been waiting forever for refunds. I think there are a lot more posting on social media now despite the lucky ones and I include myself in this group getting money back there is one hell of a lot that haven’t got a penny yet not looking good

Just now, Manx buoy said:

FB and Twitter every comment the same people been waiting forever for refunds. I think there are a lot more posting on social media now despite the lucky ones and I include myself in this group getting money back there is one hell of a lot that haven’t got a penny yet not looking good

Exactly, I saw that they actually managed to do worse in the latest MSE holiday survey in terms of net score, despite his personal reassurances.  They are also "picked out" as a cruise company, not good.  Day 116 in my case, though I have received other monies.

In fairness, they are not as bad as some of the very worst, but the article suggests that P&O and others are going to be included in the "dossier" to the CMA. 

They are running out of road - cancelling additional holidays which are in their control (i.e. Oceana) and then not refunding quickly will also pick them out amongst the crowd for attention.  The pandemic is harder to directly cite as the excuse in the case of Oceana.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, No pager thank you said:

What year?? You have to be more specific. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2