CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Today would have been a sea day on our way back to Malta on the Oceana after Greek leg of our 3 week journey around the Med. Tomorrow we would have been in Valletta before setting sail on the third leg of our trip. 

Instead we have been sitting on Costa del Patio on and off during the day, my wife undertaking the daily credit card check to see if our £8,900 is back in the account, Day 52 passes and no refund, well only 8 more days until we reach 60.

Our “trip of a lifetime” has tuned into “Nightmare on Harbour Parade” 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

It has always been thus - in my experience they have always made the simple complicated

It doesn't help that as a parent company, Carnival operate markedly different refund policies even within the UK.

You have "Cruise with Confidence" with Royal Caribbean.  Meanwhile, you have "vouchers" from Costa - I assume because the Italian government said yes to curbs on refunds for that market.

Then you have P&O - which has been designed, very carefully, to appear as if it is a generous scheme, but is actually, and in my opinion only, scarcely meeting regulatory minimum.  Its pretty convoluted to navigate, including the true negative value of many FCCs.  

Not surprising that amongst the 3000 + messages on "official facecloth" are hundreds with people totally confused what to do.

To add to the current confusion, people still paying for August holidays have been given extra OBC, which was similarly offered, then taken away for cruises from March to July, whereas September onwards this does not apply. 

It appears that a grand total of zero P&O customers are going to benefit from that particular generosity within the refund policy.

32 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Today would have been a sea day on our way back to Malta on the Oceana after Greek leg of our 3 week journey around the Med. Tomorrow we would have been in Valletta before setting sail on the third leg of our trip. 

Instead we have been sitting on Costa del Patio on and off during the day, my wife undertaking the daily credit card check to see if our £8,900 is back in the account, Day 52 passes and no refund, well only 8 more days until we reach 60.

Our “trip of a lifetime” has tuned into “Nightmare on Harbour Parade” 

Sorry that you are having such a wait Snow Hill, that's an awful amount to be left out of pocket; just hoping that they keep to their word in your case, good luck 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, Bin man said:

Just had another update on refunds stating clearly that my refund will definitely be a cheque and not payed via bacs as they dont have my bank details . So has anybody who payed their TA direct had a cheque .I have not heard of one 

Hi

I am in the same position as you.

I did send an email asking if Bacs would be possible but unfortunately for security reasons it has to be a cheque. 🤔

Does conflict with some other posts on here.

Anyway, I emailed back saying fair enough,  but added the four letter word WHEN?!

Day 66 tomorrow. ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Hi

I am in the same position as you.

I did send an email asking if Bacs would be possible but unfortunately for security reasons it has to be a cheque. 🤔

Does conflict with some other posts on here.

Anyway, I emailed back saying fair enough,  but added the four letter word WHEN?!

Day 66 tomorrow. ....

The left foot, right foot analogy comes to mind.

"When" is a question not listed in the P&O Refunds Q&A - keep pushing and good luck

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Lucky you!!

Just hope your email gets answered properly tomorrow - sounds like you have been on a very frustrating journey too.

No Pager Thank you

I hope she replies to me tomorrow, We can at least get the ball rolling........

Apologies to everybody else for repeating the request for the email address... Its understandably frustrating !! 

I`m pleased that people are NOW getting refunds 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Why does it have to be a cheque?  I emailed, got a very nice response and gave account number and sort code.  Quite simple.

Yes, the emails have been very polite and courteous but this is the actual wording:

Unfortunately for security reasons a cheque is the only way in which we will be able to refund you.  

To be honest, I don't mind which way it comes, but wish they'd just get on with it!

• Like 2

Hi, first post on here but been following this thread since the start, and have shared the frustrations of all.

My wife and I were booked on Azura, sailing the med, beginning 3rd May. This of course was cancelled in the second wave on 31st March, at which point we requested a refund. This was acknowledged by email, telling me that We would receive a cancellation email quoting an incorrect refund amount but to ignore this as the refund would be for the full amount.

We've been on tenterhooks since, as have we all, unsure of weather to chase them or let it run its course. We decided on the latter, and today received our refund paid directly to bank account! Only 50 days......the relief! 

Good luck and best wishes to those still waiting 

• Like 4

Thank you. Really dont understand the p&o mentality in the way they have handled this, there certainly appears go be no pattern to anything they do. They obviously have no grasp on the amount of stress they cause people,  purely through lack of communication 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Happy afloat said:

Thank you. Really dont understand the p&o mentality in the way they have handled this, there certainly appears go be no pattern to anything they do. They obviously have no grasp on the amount of stress they cause people,  purely through lack of communication 

Quite agree, welcome and pleased that you have got your refund 👍

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Gosh well done you.  Much quicker than all of us.

Ahem. Mine was 45 days, or even 40 if you count it from the date that I received the cancellation invoice. Booked direct with P&O. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Snow Hill, you have days to go yet.  I got my refund today.  Day 69.

Ooh that gives me hope, I’m on day 69 today for one cruise and day 67 for another no refund yet but must be nearly there ....or is that just wishful thinking !! ....and I haven’t had any emails either 😳
Stay safe everyone !