CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely fantastic news Jean.

I am delighted for you.

Just checked my friend's bank as well (don't ask) and she has hers too.  I can only think this was Sarah's doing.  3 working days from giving my bank details.

• Like 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Just checked my friend's bank as well (don't ask) and she has hers too.  I can only think this was Sarah's doing.  3 working days from giving my bank details.

Fantastic,that is excellent news for your friend too.

I found Sarah to be by far the best person I had contact with during the Refund process and I am delighted she helped you and your friend too.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

The guy I spoke to this morning said he didn't know whether with all this going on they would launching summer 2022 on time.  Remains to be seen, but he did make it clear that if I ask for an FCC now, I have to put it on a cruise now, so up to March 2022, whereas if I wait until Balance due date, they might have cancelled my October cruise and then I can just leave the FCC on the account.

I am confused. I cancelled our July / August cruise before balance due date and the deposit was converted to FCC which is sitting on my account. We were not required to assign it to a specific booking and I have never understood that to be a requirement. 

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Refund is in the bank!!  Graham, maybe thanks to Sarah Wing.  Only gave BACS details last Friday, so they must have done it via the fast route.

Well done Jean. That must be a huge relief. You will be wondering how to fill your days now!

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I am confused. I cancelled our July / August cruise before balance due date and the deposit was converted to FCC which is sitting on my account. We were not required to assign it to a specific booking and I have never understood that to be a requirement. 

Selbourne, is it because your cruise was due to leave before July 31st?

37 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Refund is in the bank!!  Graham, maybe thanks to Sarah Wing.  Only gave BACS details last Friday, so they must have done it via the fast route.

I am very pleased you have finally got your refund. What has confused me throughout the process though, is why you seem to have done everything yourself rather than leaving it to your cruise agent, who you consistently rate as excellent?

14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am very pleased you have finally got your refund. What has confused me throughout the process though, is why you seem to have done everything yourself rather than leaving it to your cruise agent, who you consistently rate as excellent?

it was my Agent who informed me that P&O would be refunding directly.    Also, I cancelled with Helen Lamb before the cancellations, because of age and conditions, so effectively he was out of the loop.

another reason I telephoned directly was that our friend who travels with us and is 84, was very ill at the time (suspect now it was Covid) and I wanted to try to get a refund for us all.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

it was my Agent who informed me that P&O would be refunding directly.    Also, I cancelled with Helen Lamb before the cancellations, because of age and conditions, so effectively he was out of the loop.

Sounds reasonable. Obviously P&O’s decision to handle refunds themselves rather than insisting it was done through agents people chose to handle the booking has worked for you.

Happy for you!

70 Day, his nibs say's up to 60 is to much

It pays to escalate!

another reason I telephoned directly was that our friend who travels with us and is 84, was very ill at the time (suspect now it was Covid) and I wanted to try to get a refund for us all.

I hope your Friend is well now and really pleased everything is sorted now.

P&O kept the TA we used totally out of the loop of our refund process too.

Hopefully Andy and Bob and anyone I missed get good news soon on their refunds.

29 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Refund has gone back on my card today after email to Sarah Wing. A bit of a wait but got there in the end

Michelle 

That is marvelous news Michelle I'm so pleased your refund has finally arrived.

3 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

I would imagine that they will extend FCC redemption availability to summer 2022, when released, but this is not a confirmed P&O position as yet, from what I can see.  Happy to be corrected.

It is now confirmed. This from the FAQ on the P&O website;

I see I can now use my FCC for a holiday after March 2022?

Yes, we are pleased to say that you have until December 2021 to put your FCC against any holiday which is on sale at that time.

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Selbourne, is it because your cruise was due to leave before July 31st?

Our cruise was due to depart before 31st July Jean, but that’s not the reason why. As I said, we cancelled before P&O announced the cancellation. The flexible booking policy (which, as far as I can tell, is still in place) allows anyone to cancel a booking prior to 90 days before departure (balance due date) and convert the deposit to FCC. There is no requirement to apply that FCC to a new booking at the same time. You have until Dec 2021 to do that and P&O will allow you to apply that FCC to any cruise that is on sale at that time, which could well be 2023 by then. We now have £350 FCC sitting on our account. We don’t intend to book a cruise until it is safe to do so, which IMO will be next year earliest. On that basis, we shall either use it on a Summer 2022 or 2023 cruise or if none appeal we might do a 2 nighter for very little money so as not to waste it. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Yes, we are pleased to say that you have until December 2021 to put your FCC against any holiday which is on sale at that time.

Thanks for the clarification, appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

sYes, we are pleased to say that you have until December 2021 to put your FCC against any holiday which is on sale at that time.

It's not quite as simple as that.

If your cruise has not been cancelled yet and you want to take an FCC for the deposit, you have to choose another cruise up to March 2022.  If your cruise HAS been cancelled, then you can leave the FCC on the account until you want to use it by.  That' what I was told today.

There are no cruises schedule yet after March 2022.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your Friend is well now and really pleased everything is sorted now.

P&O kept the TA we used totally out of the loop of our refund process too.

Hopefully Andy and Bob and anyone I missed get good news soon on their refunds.

Graham, thank you for the contact.  My friend, who is an ex professional singer in musical theatre, has got her voice back and can still match our Vera Lynn any day.  She got this virus (if it is that) in January and is still only just getting her breathing back after a walk.  Nasty little virus isn't it.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's not quite as simple as that.

If your cruise has not been cancelled yet and you want to take an FCC for the deposit, you have to choose another cruise up to March 2022.  If your cruise HAS been cancelled, then you can leave the FCC on the account until you want to use it by.  That' what I was told today.

One of two things has happened then Jean. Either the person you spoke to has given you duff info or P&O has changed it’s T’s and C’s yet again. Given P&O’s track record, either is possible! All I know is that the T’s and C’s in place when I cancelled (which, I stress, was before P&O cancelled the cruise) allowed people to convert a deposit on a future (still scheduled) cruise to FCC and this was not conditional upon making a new booking at the same time. The problem with waiting for a cruise to be cancelled is that by the time it is officially cancelled by P&O it is usually after the balance due date. If people haven’t paid their full balance by then (which they would be daft to do) then they will have lost their deposit if they haven’t done anything.