Mixed Table = Life long Friends?

i have met many people on cruises. Weather table mates, cruise critic, at the martini bar on Celebrity, or in the lounge. Value them all and so glad I keep in touch and continue to try to sail with them when able. Blessed to have met some incredible people!

Edited by TPCRUISER2
add
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yeah, after about 3 years of dating and being married for 42 years she's learned to put up with me or is it just ignoring me. 😎🍷

Oh wow....see there...you guys got it right from the start!!  Congrats!!  😍  Ignoring you?....nah...Bucky calls it "selective hearing".  😄 

Bucky and I had to go through the wrong ones...before we found the right ones.  😉  Better late than never I guess!  Next year is anniversary #25.    Hoping to still make all those anniversary celebration cruises for next year...we are tagging the whole year as celebration.  🤗

• Like 1

We met a very nice couple on one of our cruises and exchanged emails and addresses. But as soon as they found out about our political views, they dumped us and ceased all communication (which we had never discussed on our cruise).....

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh wow....see there...you guys got it right from the start!!  Congrats!!  😍  Ignoring you?....nah...Bucky calls it "selective hearing".  😄 

Bucky and I had to go through the wrong ones...before we found the right ones.  😉  Better late than never I guess!  Next year is anniversary #25.    Hoping to still make all those anniversary celebration cruises for next year...we are tagging the whole year as celebration.  🤗

Congratulations in advance for your silver wedding anniversary and to Bucky for his special birthday in August.

I met Pauline when she was 16 and I was 22.

We married 3 years later and next year will be our 40th Wedding anniversary.

On 4/7/2020 at 7:21 AM, Drock20J said:

The first cruises my wife and I took, we were placed at a Mixed table for dinner. We didn't know anyone else at the table.

We became fast friends with those people and we still keep in touch with those people. We have had kids and they are growing up together though we live hundreds of miles apart.

Anyone else created a friendship from sitting at a mixed table at dinner?

YES! We went on our honeymoon cruise in early June 1995 and were seated with 3 other couples who were also on their honeymoon. We kept in touch with them for years and years. We lost touch with 2 of them, but we're still in touch with 1. We love to sit at the bigger "mixed" tables to meet new people.

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations in advance for your silver wedding anniversary and to Bucky for his special birthday in August.

I met Pauline when she was 16 and I was 22.

We married 3 years later and next year will be our 40th Wedding anniversary.

Congrats on that huge milestone anniversary!  Ahh...your bride is still just a baby.  Six years apart...we are five years apart.  Didn't take you long to find a beautiful wife before she had a chance to get away.  😄 

• Thanks 1

We meet a couple here on CC roll call. Did a get together night before cruise being we were staying at same hotel.

They had a table on first level and come to find out we were seated right above them. Turns out their table mates didn't show up first night. We asked if they would like to join us at out table. Matre Di ? took care of extending our table to accommodate 6 as we were traveling with another couple.

We are friends to this day cruising, land vacations , visiting each other's homes. They have become like family to us. 

Edited by beerman2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Congrats on that huge milestone anniversary!  Ahh...your bride is still just a baby.  Six years apart...we are five years apart.  Didn't take you long to find a beautiful wife before she had a chance to get away.  😄 

Thanks,love at first sight for us both.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no, we also were both married before. But we won't get into that. 😉 

I tend to meet more people on the excursions than dinner, but while I enjoyed everyone on the cruise I don't keep in touch with them. I sometimes wonder what happened to the couples on our tour in Morocco and Granada spain, but since I didn't keep up via emai, I won't know.  

11 hours ago, bearette said:

I sometimes wonder what happened to the couples on our tour in Morocco and Granada spain, but since I didn't keep up via emai, I won't know.  

That is the beauty of social media for us. That is how we keep in contact with some people that we have met on Cruises.

While not having long term friendships I have had one experience where me and my friend met a couple that lived in Chicago (we lived in Omaha)  For a bit when we would drive to Chicago for a long weekend we would meet up with them.

Back in the day when we did set time dining, with one exception always had good if not great table mates.  The one exception was when me and my wife were cruising with my parents.  Our tablemates were an extended family.  Grandparents, parents, and grand kids.  The first night I sat down next to grand dad.  Let's just say our views about certain things (politics) didn't jibe.  I don't like talking about politics, but grand dad did.  The next night I maneuvered it in such a way that my dad ended sitting next to grand dad.  After dinner my wife said to be she saw what I did.  🙂