Considering 100-day rule, when will they announce cancellations??

12 minutes ago, LisaT91403 said:

Our sail date is 6/29 (Bahamas on Navigator). There's no chance we are going. Our final payment date is 4/15, and it seems unlikely that our sailing will get cancelled before then. I believe our options are:

1. Take FCC (which we don't want)

2. Pay in full, then hope that the sailing gets cancelled (this would be a big risk considering the deposit is only $400)

Is anyone aware of any other options I am missing here? It's a "non refundable" deposit. If we take the FCC now, and then they cancel the sailing altogether, we are stuck with FCC rather than a refund. I feel like we have no good options in regards to getting cash back.

I believe they will cancel yours and mine. I am going to "let it ride" and wait for them to cancel so I can get it all back. Good luck with your decision. 

Our Baltic cruise from Copenhagen on Jewel has not been cancelled yet.. we're sailing one month from day-- May 13th !!  🙄  Since most flights have been cancelled, there's no way anybody can get to CPH .. wonder how long we'll wait till Royal cancels?

10 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Our Baltic cruise from Copenhagen on Jewel has not been cancelled yet.. we're sailing one month from day-- May 13th !!  🙄  Since most flights have been cancelled, there's no way anybody can get to CPH .. wonder how long we'll wait till Royal cancels?

My guess is by tomorrow night at the latest. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Are the ports going to be open in may?  I highly doubt  but maybe check each port on your cruise itinerary to see what dates they plan on opening.   

I have a planned b2b on the jewel for august baltic and norway and highly doubt that will happen.  Which is really sad especially since there is not similiar itinerary for 2021.

I suspect rcl to make another announcement sometime soon.  Right now they are so backlogged with cancellations and refunds I guess they want to get thru that mess before their phones light up again with more refunds.

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are the ports going to be open in may?  I highly doubt  but maybe check each port on your cruise itinerary to see what dates they plan on opening.   

I have a planned b2b on the jewel for august baltic and norway and highly doubt that will happen.  Which is really sad especially since there is not similiar itinerary for 2021.

I suspect rcl to make another announcement sometime soon.  Right now they are so backlogged with cancellations and refunds I guess they want to get thru that mess before their phones light up again with more refunds.

I don't think any of the ports are open yet.  I'd  honestly be surprised if your Jewel cruises sail but who knows right now.  We all figured we'd have received the cancellation notice by now.   Most of us have had our flights cancelled so it makes it almost impossible to get there .  We were scheduled to sail Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic to Dublin then fly to CPH from there but that was cancelled.  Good luck with your cruise!

Edited by hancogran

5 hours ago, LisaT91403 said:

Our sail date is 6/29 (Bahamas on Navigator). There's no chance we are going. Our final payment date is 4/15, and it seems unlikely that our sailing will get cancelled before then. I believe our options are:

2. Pay in full, then hope that the sailing gets cancelled (this would be a big risk considering the deposit is only $400)

Is anyone aware of any other options I am missing here? It's a "non refundable" deposit. If we take the FCC now, and then they cancel the sailing altogether, we are stuck with FCC rather than a refund. I feel like we have no good options in regards to getting cash back.

Here's what I did, another option.......................I downgraded my cabin so I didn't owe anything more and will now wait it out. You could downgrade to the cheapest cabin available to minimize your investment in your cruise without you cancelling before RCL does. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LisaT91403 said:

I’d be much more comfortable flushing $400 down the drain than several thousand (or however much your total cruise cost is). In the scheme of things, a $400 loss isn’t much different than a shopping trip to Costco. But a couple thousand is harder to swallow. 

Worst case scenario if you cancel before final payment is you have an FCC for $400 and maybe you book a cruise next year and you can apply it. Actually worst case is you get an FCC and never use it or they go bankrupt and it’s useless. The loss is $400. Not such a big deal.

When you booked a non refundable deposit you already settled yourself that you would lose $100/person simply for changing the sail date of your cruise, and you were ok with that risk. Therefore, I assume losing an additional $100/person isn’t such a big deal. I’d wait til the day before final payment and if the cruise hasn’t been cancelled, I’d cancel it.

No sense throwing good money after bad, especially when your current risk is such a small amount of money, and to chase that $400 with a couple thousand more makes very little sense financially. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure if this is even possible but you could change the name of one of those on the booking to be over 70, when you get the FCCs try to move all the money to that person, then try to sell that FCC - oh, and you need to do all that before the 15th.

It's going to be interesting to see how they are going to police that over 70 rule if you can't get a note.  Will you have to get a note from your doctor saying he won;t give you a note?😇

• Haha 1

Probably will hear something, given Carnival cancelled through June 26.  Their NYH ships cancelled for the year, just too hot there to gamble it.

I wonder if the Oasis Sumner schedule will follow that? I know some who booked for July, afaik they haven't cancelled.