Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Seaforfour

Considering 100-day rule, when will they announce cancellations??

Recommended Posts

We have our cruise July 6 and our final payment date is April 22. We are gambling Royal will cancel so we can get a full refund and not lose our $400 deposit. 
now that the CDC has announced 100 days of no cruises  (and I understand it comes down to the earliest of 3 options if cruises can occur sooner), when do you think Royal will cancel more cruises??? Praying it's before April 22. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will be forced to cancel several weeks in May and June. TA received my FCC yesterday, from March cruise. Put it all towards my Alaska July 31st cruise. Bet that gets cancelled also. Balance on Final Payment will be small so I am taking a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe they will stick with their 30 day rolling cancellation window.  As there is still a small chance the CDC could lift the order, Royal isn't going to want to give that cash back, especially if people are actively choose the CWC FCCs.  Royal needs the cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

I believe they will stick with their 30 day rolling cancellation window.  As there is still a small chance the CDC could lift the order, Royal isn't going to want to give that cash back, especially if people are actively choose the CWC FCCs.  Royal needs the cash.

Thank you, when would the next window be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

I believe they will stick with their 30 day rolling cancellation window.  As there is still a small chance the CDC could lift the order, Royal isn't going to want to give that cash back, especially if people are actively choose the CWC FCCs.  Royal needs the cash.

That's my guess too.

 

The 100 day order the cruiselines have 7 days to reply to it. It's not even registered yet. 

 

It's not written in stone, and CDC is the law. Rcl as above poster said more than likely will continue doing 30 days of cancellations to keep the cash flowing as much as possible. If what you said was true, rcl wouldnt be selling end of may cruises on its website. 

 

Seems like princess is the only one shutting down, and they are in the worst shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Seaforfour said:

Thank you, when would the next window be

By the end of the month later part of may and first half of june I expect to get cancelled.

 

Where is your cruise to? If it's alaska or something like that yours could get cancelled before final payment, but dont count on it, if regular itinerary.

Edited by firefly333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

 

Where is your cruise to? If it's alaska or something like that yours could get cancelled before final payment, but dont count on it, if regular itinerary.

The Bahamas on the Mariner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Seaforfour said:

The Bahamas on the Mariner. 

You are probably going to have to decide, cancel and move deposit, pay off the cruise and wait for months to get 125% fcc or refund.

 

I wouldnt count on rcl cancelling a cruise to the bahamas in july soon, you got more than another month probably to wait for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Seaforfour said:

Thank you, when would the next window be

Looks like April 17 or April 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RCL will wait as long as possible to push forward the cancellations as they have been doing, in other words, they'll cancel when they cancel. As far as us we will not initiate a cancellation of our 5/17 cruise until RCL does so. If the cruise isn't cancelled we will be at the pier with our masks and gloves and sanitizers waiting to board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as noted... per Cruise Ticket Contract 6d)

 

Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.

 

which seems to say they wouldn't have to issue refunds although they probably would, although possibly just FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, WeLuvVacation said:

RCL will wait as long as possible to push forward the cancellations as they have been doing, in other words, they'll cancel when they cancel. As far as us we will not initiate a cancellation of our 5/17 cruise until RCL does so. If the cruise isn't cancelled we will be at the pier with our masks and gloves and sanitizers waiting to board.

 

Same here.  I doubt all 12 of us in our party will go (we do have a couple 70+), but most of us are ready for a vacation.  Even a cruise to nowhere sounds great at this point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the 100 day CDC order has been lifted?  I can't find anything on this...can you provide your source?  We have 5 cruises scheduled. We gotta cruise...we are going CRAZY!!! 

 

Thanks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hasn't been cancelled, it hasn't been officially published in the Federal Register. The publication date that was given by the CDC is tomorrow, April 14. The cruise lines will then have seven days to respond before it goes into effect. I don't expect any of the cruise lines to announce any further cancellation dates until that clock runs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shadbrew said:

Has the 100 day CDC order has been lifted?  I can't find anything on this...can you provide your source?  We have 5 cruises scheduled. We gotta cruise...we are going CRAZY!!! 

 

Thanks!

 

 

See thread about it here on rcl boards. 

 

 

20200413_110056836.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I would not go near Europe, or a cruise for at least a year. Like someone said, If you are on a cruise and someone get any type flu or virus you will be stuck on a cruise for who know how long. Way to risky for a vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree. I don't want to be on a cruise in July. Even if they have them (I'm convinced now they won't), it takes on sick person to quarantine the ship or close a port of call. And I don't want to worry the whole time if my teens are not constantly washing hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our sail date is 6/29 (Bahamas on Navigator). There's no chance we are going. Our final payment date is 4/15, and it seems unlikely that our sailing will get cancelled before then. I believe our options are:

 

1. Take FCC (which we don't want)

2. Pay in full, then hope that the sailing gets cancelled (this would be a big risk considering the deposit is only $400)

 

Is anyone aware of any other options I am missing here? It's a "non refundable" deposit. If we take the FCC now, and then they cancel the sailing altogether, we are stuck with FCC rather than a refund. I feel like we have no good options in regards to getting cash back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LisaT91403 said:

Is anyone aware of any other options I am missing here?

Not sure if this is even possible but you could change the name of one of those on the booking to be over 70, when you get the FCCs try to move all the money to that person, then try to sell that FCC - oh, and you need to do all that before the 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LisaT91403 said:

Our sail date is 6/29 (Bahamas on Navigator). There's no chance we are going. Our final payment date is 4/15, and it seems unlikely that our sailing will get cancelled before then. I believe our options are:

 

1. Take FCC (which we don't want)

2. Pay in full, then hope that the sailing gets cancelled (this would be a big risk considering the deposit is only $400)

 

Is anyone aware of any other options I am missing here? It's a "non refundable" deposit. If we take the FCC now, and then they cancel the sailing altogether, we are stuck with FCC rather than a refund. I feel like we have no good options in regards to getting cash back.

You may get lucky if there is an announcement tomorrow about cancellations.

 

Other  than that, making final payment is the only way to potentially get cash back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...