Now for something completely different

3 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Wishing all here a safe and peaceful Festive Season.  May 2024 be filled with joyous adventures for you and yours.  Dee & Tony (aka Grumpy Guts)

And to you, Dee and Tony. We're having a 'wild' Christmas Eve, though not what you might think.😉 Gusty wind, rain and thunder at our holiday B&B in northern NSW. Not damaging winds, thankfully, so we don't mind the weather. Nice and cosy in our cottage with spectacular rural views.

• Like 4

Merry Christmas to a.. from the Hub of the Hunter. A bit .ike our popu.ous east coast cities, we have ro..ed into today with a coup.e of mi.d storms and now some rain.

We have Christmas festivities ti.. noon, then off to Sydney for the night before boarding Sp.endor on Boxing Day for a rather .oose three days at sea. Rain wi.. be a bit of a nuisance, but it is nice not to be baking in 40 degrees.

Oops .... noel 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Leigh, I think I mentioned it before I realized Warrnambool was that big. I feel a little goofy bringing it up. But it would have been a real small world situation if you did know her.

No need to feel goofy. Someone in the family may have known Robyn. Things like this happen all the time I’m sure. A friend was holidaying in the UK, she was sitting on a bench in a London park, a woman came and sat beside her and started talking. They realised they had gone to school together in our suburb. Everyone has stories like this. On many of the cruises we have been on we have come across someone we know. 

Best wishes to you and Lynn and enjoy your Christmas Eve while we are eating our Christmas Day lunch. We are having seafood tonight. I am just about to make a tomato and onion pie which my Mum always made for Christmas Day so I have continued on the tradition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Merry Christmas to a.. from the Hub of the Hunter. A bit .ike our popu.ous east coast cities, we have ro..ed into today with a coup.e of mi.d storms and now some rain.

We have Christmas festivities ti.. noon, then off to Sydney for the night before boarding Sp.endor on Boxing Day for a rather .oose three days at sea. Rain wi.. be a bit of a nuisance, but it is nice not to be baking in 40 degrees.

Oops .... noel 😉

Geoff, when I first saw the 'typos' I didn't get the no 'L' concept, and thought that our old mate Mr Gut's phat fingers typing had returned to join us thru your account 🙂 I miss his contributions & fondly recall trying to decipher some of his posts at time. He was a good man for sure & memories remain.

Cheers

• Like 6

Merry Christmas to all from downtown Canberra. Will be a quite day for us, just the son and a friend for lunch tomorrow and mainly salads etc as we only got back from our Silver Muse cruise on Thursday.

Wishing everyone smooth sailing, whether on the water or land, and good health (especially for those we know who are ailing). Fair winds to all.

Jenny

🎄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Oops .... noel 😉

So clever Geoff.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Merry Christmas to all from downtown Canberra. Will be a quite day for us, just the son and a friend for lunch tomorrow and mainly salads etc as we only got back from our Silver Muse cruise on Thursday.

Wishing everyone smooth sailing, whether on the water or land, and good health (especially for those we know who are ailing). Fair winds to all.

Jenny

🎄

44 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

So clever Geoff.

Yippee. We're a.. going to heaven 'cos there is no .🤪🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

image.thumb.jpeg.7ba442b8453d756681e8c901a17aef99.jpeg

Had to let Uncle Les know that I am celebrating Christmas Eve, not with a Crownie, but a special brew produced locally here in Penrith (Rusty Penny Brewery) in recognition of the mighty Penrith Panthers winning for 3rd straight year the National Rugby League. Premiers 2023!!!!

cheers

image.jpeg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Most of our beers are between 4.5% to 4.9%, although now we get mid strength, low alcohol and alcohol free beers as well.

That is interesting Mic, most Canadian beers seem to be about 5% with some is higher up to 8%

Edited by Blackduck59
typo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

That is interesting Mic, most Canadian beers seem to be about 5% with some is higher up to 8%

Hahaha, maybe our Northern Hemisphere cousins can be trusted to drink more sensibly than their Aus and NZ counterparts 🍻 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

@mr walker A very stylish can there Neil. I couldn't help but notice that it has a rather "American" alcohol content. On the upside the party would last longer. 😉

When you and Lynn are here in Sydney on your downunder trip, maybe we can arrange a visit to the Rusty Penny brewery here in Penrith for a sample or two - they have beer & Texas BBQ

18 minutes ago, mr walker said:

When you and Lynn are here in Sydney on your downunder trip, maybe we can arrange a visit to the Rusty Penny brewery here in Penrith for a sample or two - they have beer & Texas BBQ

I'll take you up on that Neil, as time gets closer we will be planning the road trip and we already had plans to accept your offer to visit your part of Oz. We will be looking for recommendations for a hotel in your area.

• Like 1

Maybe not such a good idea then -

https://nz.yahoo.com/news/cat-smuggled-onto-royal-caribbean-191727424.html

Shame his original owner couldn't take him back 😺 

I hate leaving my kitty behind when I go on holiday and often joke about how I'll get him through the xray and then how to keep him quiet and hidden from the steward! 

32 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Maybe not such a good idea then -

https://nz.yahoo.com/news/cat-smuggled-onto-royal-caribbean-191727424.html

Shame his original owner couldn't take him back 😺 

I hate leaving my kitty behind when I go on holiday and often joke about how I'll get him through the xray and then how to keep him quiet and hidden from the steward! 

That would be a little tricky if, like me, you have three.🐈‍⬛😺🐈

IMG_20230920_183911934.jpg

• Like 3

The fines for bringing a cat onto a ship can be severe as demonstrated in Red Dwarf.

Dave Lister (Craig Charles), preserved because he is in suspended animation as punishment for bringing a pregnant cat on board illegally. The shipboard AI, Holly, sets a course out of the solar system, planning to release Lister from stasis once the radiation from the leak drops to a safe level.

Three million years go by.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The fines for bringing a cat onto a ship can be severe as demonstrated in Red Dwarf.

Dave Lister (Craig Charles), preserved because he is in suspended animation as punishment for bringing a pregnant cat on board illegally. The shipboard AI, Holly, sets a course out of the solar system, planning to release Lister from stasis once the radiation from the leak drops to a safe level.

Three million years go by.

What the smeg was he thinking????😱

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

With so much happening, I forgot to mention no power and no internet access.  

Wishing everyone all the joys of belated Christmas, good health and every happiness in  the New Year.

We fly to Auckland on 10/1 for my cruise departing 12/1.  

Usual favourite things in Auckland - 

War Memorial Museum

Parnell Rose Gardens

Waiheke Island

Davenport Auckland.

I have a day and a half,  Whilst my daughter has three and a half days, 

• Like 2